JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Oct 30, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #2,566 of 3,787
Dilemma: JH16 with Bass Reducer or JH13 

I used to have JH13pro but due to JH-3A (which I recently returned), JHA gave me a free upgrade to the JH16.  My problem is, the bass is too much for me.  I get a headache from all the bass.  
But when I put my iphone EQ on Bass Reducer, it's perfect.  Anyone use the bass reducer on your JH16?  
I'm wondering whether I should ask JHA to make my JH16 back to JH13 or just continue to use the Bass Reducer.  With the Bass Reducer, it's perfect.
Any opinions?  

Oct 31, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #2,567 of 3,787
I tried the bass reducer. For me, any EQ will mess up with the sound. The bass sounds unatural and really sloopy and soft. I think you better stick with JH 13 if you can't bear the extra bass.

Quote:
Dilemma: JH16 with Bass Reducer or JH13 

I used to have JH13pro but due to JH-3A (which I recently returned), JHA gave me a free upgrade to the JH16.  My problem is, the bass is too much for me.  I get a headache from all the bass.  
But when I put my iphone EQ on Bass Reducer, it's perfect.  Anyone use the bass reducer on your JH16?  
I'm wondering whether I should ask JHA to make my JH16 back to JH13 or just continue to use the Bass Reducer.  With the Bass Reducer, it's perfect.
Any opinions?  

Oct 31, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #2,569 of 3,787
Thanks I emailed Jerry and he said he is going to tune the bass down. So I'm going to have a bass light JH16.  Kind of an oxymoron.  :)

Quote:
I tried the bass reducer. For me, any EQ will mess up with the sound. The bass sounds unatural and really sloopy and soft. I think you better stick with JH 13 if you can't bear the extra bass.

Nov 1, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #2,570 of 3,787
Just got my 16pro today and very disappointed. They had missed the artworks, should have JHAUDIO logo on both sides and they didn't put the logo on them...... I guess I need to ship them back tomorrow.... well, the fit is good though. 

Nov 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #2,571 of 3,787
Will they pay for the shipping since it's their mistake?

Nov 1, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #2,572 of 3,787
Where can you find jerry's e-mail ?

Quote:
Thanks I emailed Jerry and he said he is going to tune the bass down. So I'm going to have a bass light JH16.  Kind of an oxymoron.  :)

Nov 1, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #2,573 of 3,787
don't think they will pay for the shipping. but they should be able to do some extra artwork for you for free.

Quote:
Will they pay for the shipping since it's their mistake?

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #2,575 of 3,787
Nov 2, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #2,576 of 3,787
I am so impatient! I just ordered a pair of JH16's yesterday before lunch. I went to an audiologist and shipped my impressions overnight to JH Audio on my lunch hour, lol. They got them this morning. I also paid for overnight shipping to get them delivered to me. So I am hope I get them real soon. If you want to see the design I went with I have included a link to flickr. The image I posted is not suitable for the forum rules. The image is from the movie Paul. It is the drawing of the alien giving the middle finger. Hopefully the external link is suitable.

http://flic.kr/p/aBfzAr

Nov 2, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #2,577 of 3,787
I have a dumb cable question.  I just got black cables and I get that the red dot goes on the right and blue dot goes on the left.  But does the dot need to face up or face down?  Or does it not matter?

Nov 2, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #2,578 of 3,787

Quote:
I have a dumb cable question.  I just got black cables and I get that the red dot goes on the right and blue dot goes on the left.  But does the dot need to face up or face down?  Or does it not matter?

Hi,

The dot need to face up, and it does matter.

Rodrigo

Nov 2, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #2,579 of 3,787
i called them today, and they said that they will send me the shipping label for ups. So i don't have to pay . 

Quote:
don't think they will pay for the shipping. but they should be able to do some extra artwork for you for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back