JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Sep 30, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #2,506 of 3,787

Quote:
I just sent back my JH 16 because I just felt that volume imbalance. Bt I guess in my case it's just the centre channel wasnt postioned perfectly or whatever. I don't experience any volume reduction when I push them depper into my ears actually it's the opposite. So I figure you tips go too deep into your ears? Actually we are not suppose to push earpieces really hard into ears as long as the fitting is good. any earphones will sound quiet if you push them to deep into your ears because you will block the tip with you inner ear canal too (just like universal since your ear canal is not completely straight) 

I had a problem with an off-center channel as well. Hope it gets sorted out for you. They fixed my off-center issue after I spoke with them about it and sent mine in.

Sep 30, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #2,507 of 3,787
How did they get it done? shorten one of your earpiece tip?

Quote:

I had a problem with an off-center channel as well. Hope it gets sorted out for you. They fixed my off-center issue after I spoke with them about it and sent mine in.

Oct 1, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #2,508 of 3,787
I just recieved my JH 16 Pros.  Or at least I think?  The stamp on the back reads. "JH13-7229"  but as I read your review, it seems I have the 16s.  SO CONFUSED, wondering if its just a miss-stamp or not.  I need to post a picture!

Oct 1, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #2,509 of 3,787

Quote:
How did they get it done? shorten one of your earpiece tip? 

Yes, they shortened the right side where the canal was longer than the left side. I had a lot of back-and-forth shipping with JH to get everything perfect before that though.

Quote:
I just recieved my JH 16 Pros.  Or at least I think?  The stamp on the back reads. "JH13-7229"  but as I read your review, it seems I have the 16s.  SO CONFUSED, wondering if its just a miss-stamp or not.  I need to post a picture!

JH accidentally stamped my right-side JH16's as JH11's when they were repairing one of the canals, so it is probably a misprint. They will most likely fix it free of charge--they fixed it for me with no charge.

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #2,511 of 3,787
I received my JH16 few days ago, and tbh I'm not impressed at all, I'm hearing alot of sibilance, the mids are too pale, the soundstage is a triangle, the details are there and the resolution is very good, but still, I'm not satisfied at all. Is it possible that they need some burn in ? My fit is tight and I get a pretty good seal, although I'm going to have to send them back because the left earpiece fits so tightly that hurts alot my ear. Anyone experienced something similar ? I'm using only flac files, and a centrance dacport as source/amp.

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #2,512 of 3,787
Yeah they probably will shorten your left ear tip. I hear sibilance too. if you dun like the sound, u probably never will. I don't believe in earphone burn in at all. But I noticed some "brain - burin in" after a certain amount of time:wink: 

Quote:
I received my JH16 few days ago, and tbh I'm not impressed at all, I'm hearing alot of sibilance, the mids are too pale, the soundstage is a triangle, the details are there and the resolution is very good, but still, I'm not satisfied at all. Is it possible that they need some burn in ? My fit is tight and I get a pretty good seal, although I'm going to have to send them back because the left earpiece fits so tightly that hurts alot my ear. Anyone experienced something similar ? I'm using only flac files, and a centrance dacport as source/amp.

Oct 2, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #2,513 of 3,787
Hi Tonho,

I had A LOT os sibilance with my ex - JH16 PRO, I sent it back for repair 3 times and they could not fix it. JH AUDIO shortened the custom but it did not work at all and after that, they changed the high drivers position, but it did not work again. It was almost a nightmare to me. Sending you a PM
Now I'm much much happier with my JH13 PRO and JH5 PRO. The JH5 PROs handle bad recording a lot better them JH13 and JH16 and still mantain a awesome sound quality. I think JH16 with 8 drivers and 3 bores, are a very hard IEM to tune...... :cool:
EDIT: After more them 200 hours of burn in, the sibilance didn't change . So IMO I think it won't help your customs too.

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:22 AM Post #2,514 of 3,787
I personally found that my JH16 didnt suffer from sibilance at all.  If anything, they lacked high end detail and space until I let them burn in all day.  Perhaps it is your amp.  You need to ensure that no one component in your chain is too bright or the JH16 will just play it.  I am a believer of burn in.  It happens with tubes and it happened noticeably with my JH16 and my RX Mk2 amp.

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #2,515 of 3,787
I personally found that my JH16 didnt suffer from sibilance at all.  If anything, they lacked high end detail and space until I let them burn in all day.  Perhaps it is your amp.  You need to ensure that no one component in your chain is too bright or the JH16 will just play it.  I am a believer of burn in.  It happens with tubes and it happened noticeably with my JH16 and my RX Mk2 amp.

Yeah, I've talked to some poeple that don't suffer from the sibilance problem, and i think its the mojoroty of them. But I know more them 3 people that suffered from this huge sibilance problem from the 16s. And its not a normal sibilance, it sounds like the singer is spitting on you, and treble are artificially tuned up. I'm from Brazil, so I did everything I could to solve the problem before sending it back to JH AUDIO. I burned in the 16s with pink noise, music, white noise, and etc for more them 200 hours.. Used it with iPods, notebooks, Sonys players, Amps like Alo RX MK1, iBasso D6.... The problem was always there. Will be nice to test the IEM with a not bright source, like you said. But if the problem remains, IMO he should send it back for repair.

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #2,516 of 3,787
I can bearly hear any sibilance if I dun use almost max. volume of my ipod. But It does give me some when I listen with a very large volume (which I prefer)

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #2,517 of 3,787
They actually sent me the 13s.  BAHA.  They are remaking my 16s and will be here thursday :D.  Man if I thought the bass for electronic music was good with the 13s, im in for a new world with the 16s :).
Quote:

Yes, they shortened the right side where the canal was longer than the left side. I had a lot of back-and-forth shipping with JH to get everything perfect before that though.

JH accidentally stamped my right-side JH16's as JH11's when they were repairing one of the canals, so it is probably a misprint. They will most likely fix it free of charge--they fixed it for me with no charge.

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #2,518 of 3,787

Yup they were the 13s.  The first thing I did was count the drivers and everything.  There was a 3 way crossover, but missing a dual set of woofers D:  I have a pic to proveit.  Not that big of a deal tho.  They said the 16s will be here thursday :D cant wait!

Quote:
You should be able to tell by how many drivers/crossovers there are.

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #2,519 of 3,787
actually it says JH 13 on the picture. haha they were just careless.

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #2,520 of 3,787
They actually sent me the 13s.  BAHA.  They are remaking my 16s and will be here thursday :D.  Man if I thought the bass for electronic music was good with the 13s, im in for a new world with the 16s :).

You should offer them $300 for the Jh13. Always good to have a spare.

Plus they owe you for the nuisance factor and delay. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back