JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Jun 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #1,231 of 3,787

Quote:
I'm also using the gray words in the background too.

Then it should be fine!
smile_phones.gif

Jun 1, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #1,233 of 3,787

Quote:

Firstly how many days can it take for the soft tissue to adapt to the acrylic shells, i am on my 5th day today and have noticed a slight difference for the better, but if i push them in on the face plate and exert some pressure on them the sound closes off and then is muffled.

It should be OK by now.  It didn't take me more than 2 days.  When I push the faceplate, there is no change in sound quality, but if I push it hard, it hurts, so I don't.  A quick twist and it just kinda snaps into place.  Perfect.

If i then lift the bottom lobe (think it is called that, longer pointed bit at shaped like Florida at the bottom!) it then opens up the sound again and does not feel so seal tight, pressure wise.

Have you tried listening to it while standing on your head?  I'm asking because your bottom lobe would become your upper lobe and the sound stage would increase along with your blood pressure, John.

popcorn.gif

I'm joking of course, but it could be part of the break-in process, only you'd be the part that's broken eventually.

My guess is that the tubes potrude a little longer than optimal inside your ear canal.  That may not be the only issue, but one of them.  The lack of seal maybe another.  My recommendation would be to take detailed notes of your impressions and put them in an email so you can refer to it when you call to follow up.  Place your order number in the subject line.

Jun 1, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #1,235 of 3,787

Quote:

If any of your sides is tighter than the other I would send them in for a refit. They will always bother you until you have both sides just right.

Okay, they are on the way back with a detailed note.  They were indeed unacceptable and I would have ended up barely wearing them.  Stem was too deep in the left ear still causing discomfort, and they were too big to do the twist on.  Had to partially twist on and then shuffle them back and forth pressing on the bottom to try to eventually maneuver them in.  Sound was great though, hated giving them up for a time, esp with the 801 coming.

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #1,238 of 3,787

Quote:
I have included the mock up Zac done and the actual faceplate.

I am not an expert and not sure of the process but it is not quite the same as the photoshop mock up  have included.

Sent Zac a email, so will hear from him next week sometime if it is a technical thing and whether it can be tweaked or not. I have confidence in Zac! ; )

Actually looking at it, i'm not sure if the flying lady needs a tweak as well as the head seems to merge into the wings with no separation between the two.

Here they are;

Looks like a scan that has been cut out and stuck under the faceplate i think?
So how does that look to you Midoo? 
What process does that look like do you think, as again i'm no expert on the artwork side of it.
I would nott know my arse from my elbow on the technical aspect of it! ; ) 

The mock up looks great but the real one is kind of werid

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #1,239 of 3,787

Quote:
I can't even hear a ferrari zoom past me when the music is on in moderate volumes!

Sorry, I did mean with no music on. Oh and pee test on water, I can hear it (with no music on). Eh, with music on I can hardly hear anything.

Quote:
I have not noticed sibilance from the JH16s, but I also do not use it directly from an iPod/iPhone HP-out.  An amped iMod would be a much better choice as a source if you prefer the Apple platform.  Remember, even the best headphones are subject to source limitations.

Well, that track in particular sounded very similar from a clip.

Jun 2, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #1,240 of 3,787

Quote:
I just turned the HiFiMAN's EQ off because the added bass was getting annoying and I'm not sure whether EQ screws with the sound quality or if the addition of sub-bass messes with the clarity. But, I'm loving the neutral sound signature of the JH13 Pro's again and the clarity is slightly better. What??!?! The JH16 Pro's better blow me away because it would piss me off if I wanted my JH13 Pro's back after awhile. I guess this saying applies " The speaker that reproduces all frequencies evenly and doesn't emphasize anything is the speaker that you'll love in the long run ".
frown.gif

Since it has three bores instead of two, simply plug one of the bass driver bores if you want to turn them back into JH13pro.  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #1,243 of 3,787
Well, I guess I'll have to wait with my order 'till Sonic gets his 16s pair and finally approves them to be as quite as listenable as the 13s :)...

Also I still have some issues to solve with my design. And it better comes out better that the devil's head after all the effort I put into it, too... :)

Jun 2, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #1,244 of 3,787
I'm getting depressed each time I put them on my ears... Just n ordinary  sound not even better than my hf2..

Until yesterday I yawn and magically the left one was fit just right for about 15 minutes , this was when I almost pissed in my pants. I was listening the alive from daft punk and the atmosphere was unbelievable I almost felt in the concert, the micro detail was there, the bass and headroom were ridiculous good I almost could feel my entire body vibrating  , the sound was really expansive for a iem, I haver experienced something like these.

Now I don't care how many fits I will have to do I just have to get that sound and this was only with the left one and the right was almost like muted in comparison. .. I can't imagine having the two fit perfectly.

Who do you contact about fit  problems, the lab ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back