Just got mail:

JH Audio
Order Number: 1542
Date Ordered: Saturday 24 April, 2010

Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: In the lab

They received my impressions 5/3/10

May 27, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #1,009 of 3,787
Please excuse me for posting an "Order Impression" rather than a "First Impression."

Seems like it'll be a good wait here, for me.
Ordered 5/18. Order#1647. Maybe ~156 before me.
Just got notification today that they received the impressions.
If I'm anywhere as lucky like chaz_flhr, it'll only be three weeks to get in the lab.

But I have a feeling it'll be done and delivered before the my pre-order amp. Production rate there seems to be fluctuating from 8 - 50 units a week. Self estimate of maybe End of June or November.

Of course patience is golden though. Wouldn't like anyone to rush and do a sloppy job.
Meanwhile I'll just continue listening to 192 kbps source files unamped on $20 headphones
ksc75smile.gif

How long does the JHPro's stay in the lab again? I vaguely have this impression of ~2 or 3 weeks before the little parts delivery trouble?

Quote:

Order Number: 1491
Date Ordered: Saturday 10 April, 2010

Earmolds recieved 4/13

New status: In the lab

May 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #1,013 of 3,787
Quote:

Just got mail:

JH Audio
Order Number: 1542
Date Ordered: Saturday 24 April, 2010

New status: In the lab

They received my impressions 5/3/10

I hope things stay in about this order - I'm #1534 and my molds were received 5/6/10.  No really custom artwork, just Deadwood Solid with orange JHAUDIO and JH | 16Pro logos.  Mine should look almost identical to Jude's pair.

Talk about anticipation...
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 27, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #1,015 of 3,787

same date as when my impressions where received. I hope we get the exciting "in the lab" email at the same time
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:

I hope things stay in about this order - I'm #1534 and my molds were received 5/6/10.  No really custom artwork, just Deadwood Solid with orange JHAUDIO and JH | 16Pro logos.  Mine should look almost identical to Jude's pair.

Talk about anticipation...
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 27, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #1,016 of 3,787
I wish I had gotten my units engraved, instead of printed ... second guessing my choice. I did the same thing as Jude, except different shell and color, I didn't want art, like a tattoo I couldn't decide what i would want in my ears 24.7

May 27, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #1,017 of 3,787
can you describe what you mean by engraved vs printed?  i was under the impression that they could only print artwork.  engrave suggests that there is a physical scoring of the surface, creating a pattern, which would be pretty farging spectacular if you ask me.

if that is the case i may just get a solid color with a sick carving lol.

May 27, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #1,018 of 3,787

Quote:
can you describe what you mean by engraved vs printed?  i was under the impression that they could only print artwork.  engrave suggests that there is a physical scoring of the surface, creating a pattern, which would be pretty farging spectacular if you ask me.

if that is the case i may just get a solid color with a sick carving lol.

I think they use the etching for more simple designs.  Mine, which have a simple "JH AUDIO" as the artwork, are etched.

I believe more complicated artwork uses printing to replicate what the customer wants.

May 27, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #1,019 of 3,787
^^ yea i had seen a pair of 13's that had JHAudio etched into the shells, looked AMAZING! didnt know it was an option when i ordered. dont need to change it for the same reason as above, ill never look at them long enough to truly care ... similar to rims on a car. however the delay in changing the art would be enough to drive me off a cliff. maybe ill spring for the $100 art change when their new units come out but for now ... ill be happy just to get them.

any new in the lab msgs today? they got up to 1542 yesterday, im 1548 so I hoped that I would find myself lucky in the next few days ... thank goodness for fast shipping!

May 27, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #1,020 of 3,787

Quote:
^^ yea i had seen a pair of 13's that had JHAudio etched into the shells, looked AMAZING! didnt know it was an option when i ordered. dont need to change it for the same reason as above, ill never look at them long enough to truly care ... similar to rims on a car. however the delay in changing the art would be enough to drive me off a cliff. maybe ill spring for the $100 art change when their new units come out but for now ... ill be happy just to get them.

any new in the lab msgs today? they got up to 1542 yesterday, im 1548 so I hoped that I would find myself lucky in the next few days ... thank goodness for fast shipping!

I hope you get yours soon!  The anticipation is very tough! 

With that being said, I just sent mine out today for a refit.  More waiting!!!  
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back