JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Apr 21, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #466 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I placed my order April 7th, and got the In The Lab e-mail yesterday

Nice, i had to wait 2x that when I ordered the same week they started shipping. Now I just have to wait for a refit which shouldn't take too long
triportsad.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #467 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by OPTiK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice, i had to wait 2x that when I ordered the same week they started shipping. Now I just have to wait for a refit which shouldn't take too long
triportsad.gif

I've read around here and Facebook that the refits are very quick, so you don't have too long to wait around. With that said, I really hope I don't need a refit. I've waited too long.

I initially ordered 13's in January and they've had my impressions since then...but somethings occurred and the order was cancelled. Good things come to those who wait (I hope!!)

Apr 21, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #468 of 3,787
Anyone got all of UE18 Pro, JH16 Pro and JH13 Pro? I got UE18 Pro only and want to know which of the 13 Pro or 16 Pro is a better compliment to the 18 Pro.

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #470 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by PMA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a question for JH13 or JH16 owners about the cable. I've seen some posts that claim a change of cable will improve the sonic quality. Can anyone confirm this with some details on what actually changes? If this is the case, why wouldn't JH offer better cables to begin with?

I can't speak to all cables, but I do have two TWAgs (S/E and Balanced). I got the S/E TWAg a week before my JH16s arrived and stuck them onto my UE10s and even with those the improvement was very substantial in overall transparency, soundstage and instrument separation from an amped iMod. Consequently, the improvement over the stock JH cables is also immediately noticeable even when comparing the S/E version. The Protector Balanced TWAg is one level above that.

Currently, the only downside of the TWAgs vs. the JH stock cable is that they are slightly thicker, and the heat shrink is not transparent. These are, however, very minor quibbles.

As to why don't JHA offer a premium cable option with their IEMs, I don't know. Maybe they will at some point, but that's not their primary focus, so it may not be in their business model. Only they can answer that.

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #471 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by googleli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone got all of UE18 Pro, JH16 Pro and JH13 Pro? I got UE18 Pro only and want to know which of the 13 Pro or 16 Pro is a better compliment to the 18 Pro.

I think Jude and super-fied are the only guys with all 3. Personally I think it's overkill to own all 3, but maybe I'm just jealous that you have that kind of cash to burn. Spending close to 4Gs on IEMs is absolutely sick, but if I ever won the lottery these would be my first 3 purchases. IMO, your money is better spent upgrading your sources/amps/cables or getting a full-size can.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #472 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj nellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I think it's overkill to own all 3, but maybe I'm just jealous that you have that kind of cash to burn. Spending close to 4Gs on IEMs is absolutely sick, but if I ever won the lottery these would be my first 3 purchases.

X2, except for the word "maybe"

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #474 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj nellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Jude and super-fied are the only guys with all 3. Personally I think it's overkill to own all 3, but maybe I'm just jealous that you have that kind of cash to burn. Spending close to 4Gs on IEMs is absolutely sick, but if I ever won the lottery these would be my first 3 purchases. IMO, your money is better spent upgrading your sources/amps/cables or getting a full-size can.

Yup, I have the 13s, the 18s (which I have since returned to UE for a refund) and the 16s are incoming. (I have heard the 16s to make the order)

All 3 are excellent in their own way. But for those proceeding with the UE-18s, BUYER BEWARE. While the 18s are excellent, nothing shocked me more than the piss poor after sales service that such a mega conglomerate can provide.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Apr 22, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #477 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by teren41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, that 'someone' is the person right above you lol

redface.gif

That, AND other things. No matter how good they do their customs, they will never ever get their money from me ever again.I have the entire email exchange and other pictorial evidence that will really show how "caring" the company really is...but let's just say they forced a refund on me without wanting to do anything on their end.

From now on, ONLY and ONLY JH customs.It was really a blessing in disguise, while I was in at my dealer enquiring about my other half's 16s, that I did them too. All the while when my 18s were at UE for repair issues.

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #479 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea i think i can see where you're coming from, i've recently had to deal with a similarly problematic company but unlike you, i've had no results.

side tracking, quick question, the otterbox that comes with jh customs would be the otterbox 1000?

Otterbox Model 1000

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #480 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea i think i can see where you're coming from, i've recently had to deal with a similarly problematic company but unlike you, i've had no results.

side tracking, quick question, the otterbox that comes with jh customs would be the otterbox 1000?

oh believe me, mine wasn't a result that i wanted. it was forced on me.

yup...but the otterbox really sucks to be honest.It's incredibly hard to open and close. My girlfriend and I just leave it at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back