JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Apr 3, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #211 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by super_fied /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My girl's 16s have finally arrived. She just wanted me to share her joy with everyone here at head-fi.Hope the pictures does Zac's works justice!

Interestingly, according to our very lovely uncle wilson at jaben- she is quite likely the first female singaporean to have done them and the second to arrive in Singapore. The 1st custom to be done in Singapore was also purple interestingly(And my 3rd custom-the 16s are also going to be purple too lol) She'll really like to thank uncle wilson as well as the JH crew for making this happen.

Absolutely wonderful custom art implemented perfectly by Zac of JH Audio

4487430832_a8afdb0984_o.jpg

Shot of the shells....

4487431224_44ef8126cb_o.jpg

And alternative set up. Stunning, stunning combo as she put it herself when she heard it.=)

4486781041_fd4aa17597_o.jpg

WOW I don't know what makes me more envious..the JH16 or having a girlfriend on to customs/high end audio..mine don't even know or imagine my JH13's cost..she was lecturing me the other day for spending U$ 350 on an amp...

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #212 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no worrys warp, i prefer the more balanced sound myself, hence why i preffered my se530's over my ie8s as i liked the lovely midrange the 530's had.

the fx500's really surprised me for the price how good the sq of the bass was despite them been a lot heavier bass than i have ever been used too.

i am sure that with either the 13 or 16's no matter how deep the bass may go, the quality will be so good in how it is presented it will not be such an issue, just when we have choice between two cans @ 1k +, it is s case of making the right choice for the long haul ; )

i will be lucky enough though when i go for my impression sitting at my uk dealer end of april they will have the 13 & 16"s to demo so will know for sure which will.be for me.

the wait is killing me though as by time the
order goes in i will mot get mine until at least mid may : (

cheers again warp ; )

darthsmile.gif

No confusion here, mate... I have found my perfect match and it took 8 drivers per ear to satisfy me. LOL

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #213 of 3,787
Quote:

My girl's 16s have finally arrived. She just wanted me to share her joy with everyone here at head-fi.Hope the pictures does Zac's works justice!

Interestingly, according to our very lovely uncle wilson at jaben- she is quite likely the first female singaporean to have done them and the second to arrive in Singapore. The 1st custom to be done in Singapore was also purple interestingly(And my 3rd custom-the 16s are also going to be purple too lol) She'll really like to thank uncle wilson as well as the JH crew for making this happen.

Absolutely wonderful custom art implemented perfectly by Zac of JH Audio

4487430832_a8afdb0984_o.jpg

Shot of the shells....

4487431224_44ef8126cb_o.jpg

And alternative set up. Stunning, stunning combo as she put it herself when she heard it.=)

4486781041_fd4aa17597_o.jpg

Happy Easter, everyone! Are those edible? Yumm! Please tell the GF that it's time to bling the HifiMan, 'cause now they like, don't match so y'know, send it to Zac to transform it into a giant pink Soap.
normal_smile .gif
Along with some rhynestone treatment. Paris Hilton, eat your heart out...LOL

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #214 of 3,787
I must say my 16's sound very heavy in the low end almost to a fault right now. Still tweaking with things.

I do have some fit issues (they go a hair too deep in one side) but the seal is fine.

Oddly I have to almost use Treble Booster in iTunes to enjoy most songs.

Something must be wrong. Will call JH on Monday.

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #215 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by FRGus723 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must say my 16's sound very heavy in the low end almost to a fault right now. Still tweaking with things.

I do have some fit issues (they go a hair too deep in one side) but the seal is fine.

Oddly I have to almost use Treble Booster in iTunes to enjoy most songs.

Something must be wrong. Will call JH on Monday.

Tell us more about this once you talk to Jerry, please. I'm interested in how this turns out, primarily because I'm planning to buy a JH16 but am a bit worried about the increased bass emphasis. You're the second person to hint that the treble might be a bit muted. Let us know whether this gets resolved, or there's actually more of a low-end emphasis than you prefer.

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #216 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow -- they're gorgeous. Although I'm not one for such gaudy colors, these certainly look beautiful. Impressive build quality.

Very nice!

Zac did an awesome job translating the idea and concept. To be honest, I'm seriously impressed with how JH has improved their artwork quality!

Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look yummy!

OT: Tried jh13pro and fitears 448 which belongs to Uncle Wilson at Jaben Malaysia just now. Best of all, meet and talk to him in person hahaha

We were there on saturday to do a custom but uncle wasn't in Singapore...no wonder...he was at Malaysia! You probably were poisoned by him LOL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bling!

Girls just love it that way! She wanted the crystals to be pasted on her face plate...but we thought it was a common thing so we scraped that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW I don't know what makes me more envious..the JH16 or having a girlfriend on to customs/high end audio..mine don't even know or imagine my JH13's cost..she was lecturing me the other day for spending U$ 350 on an amp...

Well i'm just grateful she is supportive of my hobbies thus far including photography too.

It's priceless when you see someone you cherish be genuinely happy to have received her customs and listened to them and go " They are awesome!"-That is something I seriously think money cannot buy or replace!

Quote:

Originally Posted by warp08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Happy Easter, everyone! Are those edible? Yumm! Please tell the GF that it's time to bling the HifiMan, 'cause now they like, don't match so y'know, send it to Zac to transform it into a giant pink Soap.
normal_smile .gif
Along with some rhynestone treatment. Paris Hilton, eat your heart out...LOL

LOL, If I could I would! But the Hifiman is mine unfortunately lol...she's using hers with a gold pico/dac...that's BLING enough!

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #217 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by steaxauce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tell us more about this once you talk to Jerry, please. I'm interested in how this turns out, primarily because I'm planning to buy a JH16 but am a bit worried about the increased bass emphasis. You're the second person to hint that the treble might be a bit muted. Let us know whether this gets resolved, or there's actually more of a low-end emphasis than you prefer.

Will do steaxauce. Electronic music is almost the only genre that is really workin for me with EQ off. Chemical bros/Crystal method etc.

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #218 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Sleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this sounds ridiculous, but can someone comment on the value of investing in JH-16s if I plan to simply plug these into my iPod Touch 3G and listen to mostly 256kbps MP3s? I know that the headphones "will only sound as good as the recording" and whatnot, but it seems disheartening to think I would have to "restart" my whole library just to listen to these things.

foobar2000
foobar2000: Components Repository - ABX Comparator

Find out for yourself with an ABX test. But my bet is that you will have difficulty telling the difference between V2 and V0 (or 198 and 256) much less 320 or lossless. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised and find that lossless and 320 cbr are just a waste of space.

Apr 4, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #220 of 3,787
Perhaps. Most people I know who use top tier universals find 192/V2 to be transparent. And I've never met anyone who could ABX V0/320 vs FLAC. Maybe the JH13/16 are revealing enough to find flaws in V0...but honestly I'm skeptical. That's the point of the ABX test. Until you try it you are only guessing. And I will say that I know that the majority of users who claim to hear a difference have not done a true ABX. If the test isn't blind then the placebo effect comes into play.

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #221 of 3,787
Quote:

Those are mine I think!

SIGH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back