JH Audio JH13 v2
Feb 10, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #31 of 108
Oh I would have zero concern on the treble. I would say it is as good or better. I actually find that I am listening at a lower volume level since the treble is perfectly crisp even with added bass.

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #32 of 108
Oh I would have zero concern on the treble. I would say it is as good or better. I actually find that I am listening at a lower volume level since the treble is perfectly crisp even with added bass.

Can we see a picture of both of them facing forward and then both of them facing backwards?

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #35 of 108
Not the best pics. I can post more tomorrow when I have my camera with me

They look absolutely beautiful!

Question for you: do the drivers in them look perfectly symmetrical to one IEM to another?

IN other words: the drivers on the left IEM, are they in the exact same position as the right IEM or are they in same area but different areas.

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #36 of 108
CareyPrice31,

I can't really say to be honest. Seeing that kind of detail into them is tough with the relatively dark blue I like. From what I can see, the insides are built with extreme care and attention to detail.

Feb 12, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #37 of 108
The original JH13 has an immersive sound sig with quick punchy bass, shimmery treble, level mids and very precise imaging. It remains a treat to listen to, and I can only think of positives if the updated version at least maintains the stellar sound with adjustable bass.

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #38 of 108
Why is it no one is talking or fiving impression o n this thread? Can someone please give me the link of a new thread with a discussion about the v2.

Mar 5, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #42 of 108
I'll compare with my beloved um mentor.
13v2 have less air and sparkle than um mentor but a bit more than 13fp(demo), i found the high on mentor for some track is too much though.
Bass : mentor has quicker bass and goes little bit deeper, but i feel v2 have more mid bass(didn't try bass adjustment on v2 yet).
Vocal : i love vocal on v2 more, mentor sound too thin for me.
And v2 have the same sound signature as 13fp, if you love 13fp you won't be disappoint.

Mar 8, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #43 of 108
Hi guys,

I've just received my JH13v2 and I think they have some kind of a problem, however I can't quite put my finger on it. I'd love to get your help. The description is as follows:

Since this is my first custom IEMs I'm not sure how good the isolation should be. Am I, for instance, supposed to be hearing people talking around me when the JH13s are in my ears but no music is playing? I definitely can hear outside noises when they are in my ears without music. When music is playing but with a low volume I can still hear people talking (although pretty vaguely). Of course if they'd be talking really quietly (while I'm with music) I wouldn't hear then but they definitely don't need to be shouting in order for it to be heard.   
I've also done the 'pressing-on-them-to-see-if-the-bass-increases test'. The bass doesn't change whether I press on them or not. But to be honest, I'm not getting too much bass regardless. Even when I set the bass controller to the maximum, the bass is sort of there but not too present. It feels like it lacks some punch.   
Not having any reference with other CIEMs, I would be surprised if what I'm hearing is the full ability of the JH13s (that get so many praises in every single review online). The CIEMs are without a question very detailed but they don't blow my mind away as I though they would. 

I'm not sure if this is helpful in any way but I'm attaching a couple of photos. Do they look to fit OK? I can't insert them any further (don't know if I'm supposed to). What stopping me from doing that is the upper inner part on which the serial number JH13v2-25906 is imprinted, as shown in the last photo. It is the same with both ears.
What can it be?? Thanks to all the helpers.

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #44 of 108
Hmm...it seems the left side didn't fit properly? Also custom gives you better isolation, not sound proof to ambient when music not playing. It is alright but then up to individuals preference how tight the ciem to be. It might cause discomfort if too tight, ultimately you need good seal without the need to up the volume to enjoy the music.
Btw, the part with those numbers imprinted is called Cymba.

One thing you can try is without music playing, use your phone to play some tones near left and right side see if either side having same isolation/seal.

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #45 of 108
My experience is that total isolation is key to all CIEMs...especially when it comes to bass response. The fit should be snug in both ears. Any ambient sound will effect the overall sound signature. For example, I enjoy the fact that I can sit in front of my TV and become engulfed in my music with a DAP for a true multimedia experience. In those instances I can't hear the TV nor anyone talking which allows me to hear all the nuances the music has to offer. I remember having to return my JH13s for a refit and the result was like night and day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back