JH Audio JH-3A - Are you getting it?
Jun 6, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #3 of 28
Yes, I ordered one today with a new pair of JH16's. It impressed me that much. If the JH13 is my favorite headphone (which it is) then this system is my holy grail.

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #4 of 28
Sitting on the fence for a very long time....

From my personal experience of only just getting my first customs in the 16pros to find out two -three weeks later the JH-3A exists/made public and the logistical properties this amp posses in needing my 16 pros to be modified to use with the amp thus not been able to use them with another amp again so soon after my first custom purchase in the JHpros is a bit of a killer at the moment.

I still have to get a twag yet and my first porta amp and would of thought the Protector balanced would suffice for my first amp whilst JHA evolve in the next couple of years as it seems they are reaching the boosters off part and reaching orbit since their 2007 launch as JHA. 

I was contemplating a second pair next year, before i heard about this amp, so having the 16pros currently and was thinking of the 13's next stop, not knowing though if by then Jerry will have a predecessor to the 16's with even more drivers perhaps also (who knows?).
So leaves me a bit  perplexed when the time does come if i did get the JH-3A would i get them with the 13's and use my 16's as they are for mobile use or have a pair of 13's standard and get the 16's modified?

I know this amp is designed as is but if it was done in a way that i could use the ear monitors with other amps still then it would of been an easier decision for sure.

With the pace that JHA are moving at  currently i will see what Jerry has to offer in the next year or two then.....unless i win the Lottery in the mean time of course.

Jun 6, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #6 of 28
I'll be ordering one once I acquire some more money. JH-3A -> JH13's for me.

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #7 of 28
Btw, The 2 IEMs are very close, but Jerry said the JH16 has the edge because it has more bass capacity and with the adjustable bass control, you can make it sound essentially just like a JH13.

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #8 of 28
I am thinking of getting it with the 16s. Now just waiting for a refit with the 13s.  Wanta keep them for the road and many amps, 16s seem more finicky so good with an amp built for them.  So answer was not sure yet.

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #9 of 28

Quote:
Btw, The 2 IEMs are very close, but Jerry said the JH16 has the edge because it has more bass capacity and with the adjustable bass control, you can make it sound essentially just like a JH13.

The bass control increases and decreases the intensity of the 50hz region then correct?

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #10 of 28
Eh... I couldn't tell you the actual range on the bass control, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back