JH Audio JH|10X3PRO Appreciation Thread
Sep 19, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #46 of 71
Impressions and Pictures are always welcomed and appreciated =) would be great if you could post some pictures. Not many people have the 10X3, while the 13's thread is on fire.

Oct 2, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #47 of 71
The 10X3s are in the UK and winging their way up North to me as we speak... Will have these babies in my ears tomorrow (Saturday)...

Will try and get photos and initial impressions up soon...

Of course, there is still the obligatory burn-in to do...

Oct 3, 2009 at 10:46 AM Post #48 of 71
Well, my new 10X3s arrived today, and I am listening to music with them in as we speak!

Popped them in my ears this morning to check the fit and the seal is bang on! No need to send these bad boys back to JHA! This I feel that this is down to the way that Nick at Handheld Audio took great care to take accurate impressions. It also helps that Nick is very experienced with IEMs and deals with UE on a regular basis and so knows the routine when taking the impressions.

If you're in the UK, then and you want impressions taking, I can't recommend them high enough!

As for initial impressions, I notice that many superlatives are banded about so much on these forums, that it almost becomes jargon. Now that I've got the 10X3s in, I understand! I have seen the light! In comparison to my ACS T2s, they are much more sensitive and oh, the detail! I swear I can hear the bass player's finger plucking the bass strings, or the rasp of a brass section. Things I just didn't hear before...

Crystal clear highs, and unobtrusive lows... It's amazing to hear them handle different genres. I've had a bit of Death Cab for Cutie, Alexisonfire, Beastie Boys, The Beatles and AC/DC in this initial run, and I'm sat here just immersed in the music!

A bit congrats to all the team at JHA for producing a set of IEMs that have blown me away. The build quality is excellent and I certainly don't have any of the problems that have been documented on these forums.

For years, I've been after a set of custom IEMs to replace my ER-4P (with the S cable) and the closest I came was the ACS T2 (although it's nowhere near). I also wanted a set of acrylic IEMs as I've found them to be more robust than the soft silicon of the T2. In the 10X3, I feel I can now retire the ER4s. Quailty sound, quality product... Enough said...

So, I hope this hasn't been too rambling, it's hard to be coherent when I'm this happy!

To finish up this somewhat 'mini' review, here are some pics I took. The macro function isn't the best, but I hope you get the idea... I went for the smokey black trans with black cables as I'd seen similar in the JH13 thread and I thought they looked amazing! I also decided to have the JHA lady in red (no reference to Chris De Burgh I might add...)

Enjoy...

3976871896_50286d0e1d.jpg

3976111107_9708cb3da8.jpg

3976110543_32c99c7409.jpg

Aug 28, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #49 of 71
Nice pictures man...I really want a pair now. There are not many posts on these headphones but this thread has confirmed that I should by them as my first pair of customs!!

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #50 of 71
I've crossed out my ES-5 order and headed for more demos. 

My curren't problem is, I can not decide between the JH10X3 and the UE RM.... the price difference is actually about 300 bucks here in Germany. 

Has anybody heard them both as well and can give me his opinion? The JH is really worth every penny, eventhough it is slightly sounded.

Sep 20, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #51 of 71
Where have all the JH10X3 owners gone??

I owned the JH13 for a year before losing them couple months ago. Tried out different universals but finally decided to get another pair of customs. The 13 was everything I had wanted except that, sometimes, I wish it had a little LESS bass (yes, you read it right, less bass :xf_eek:). I narrowed down my options to the following: ES5, UERM, JH10, Jh10x3. Then I read about JH's labor day sale promotion so it's a no brainer. I picked the 10x3 bcos I was afraid the FR of the 10 might be TOO flat to my taste.

They were at the doorstep 1 week after my impressions arrived at JHA (I am currently in Hong Kong, by the way)... WOW!!! Kudos to JHA for the amazing turnaround time.

I would say the 10x3 is 90% of the 13. The most noticeable difference is bass. Obviously the 10x3 has less punch but the good thing is that the fun factor is still there. The soundstage might be smaller and response a llittle slower (the 13 is phenomenal) but the difference is subtle.

Some cons:
- Ordered a black cord but instead they sent the clear one...Later they explained the black ones were backordered.
- Some rough edges around the tips.

All in all I am quite happy about the purchase :D

Sep 20, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #52 of 71

Quote:
Where have all the JH10X3 owners gone??

I owned the JH13 for a year before losing them couple months ago. Tried out different universals but finally decided to get another pair of customs. The 13 was everything I had wanted except that, sometimes, I wish it had a little LESS bass (yes, you read it right, less bass
redface.gif
). I narrowed down my options to the following: ES5, UERM, JH10, Jh10x3. Then I read about JH's labor day sale promotion so it's a no brainer. I picked the 10x3 bcos I was afraid the FR of the 10 might be TOO flat to my taste.

They were at the doorstep 1 week after my impressions arrived at JHA (I am currently in Hong Kong, by the way)... WOW!!! Kudos to JHA for the amazing turnaround time.

I would say the 10x3 is 90% of the 13. The most noticeable difference is bass. Obviously the 10x3 has less punch but the good thing is that the fun factor is still there. The soundstage might be smaller and response a llittle slower (the 13 is phenomenal) but the difference is subtle.

Some cons:
- Ordered a black cord but instead they sent the clear one...Later they explained the black ones were backordered.
- Some rough edges around the tips.

All in all I am quite happy about the purchase
biggrin.gif

Nice to know that you liked the 10x3. When I tried the Demo I love it. Could you post a picture of it when you have time?

Thank You,
    Rodrigo Pita

Sep 20, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #53 of 71
Mine has no custom artwork so it's not really very interesting. Shell color is solid deadwood :

Quote:
Nice to know that you liked the 10x3. When I tried the Demo I love it. Could you post a picture of it when you have time?

Thank You,
    Rodrigo Pita

Sep 21, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #54 of 71
Thank you for the pictures pekingduck, they look very nice! 
beyersmile.png

Oct 19, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #57 of 71
I took the custom plunge a few months ago when JHA was running a sale, ordered the 10x3 PRO. LOVE IT. Amazing pair of monitors, great clarity and detail, makes me wish my commute was longer. Cheers

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #58 of 71
Just got my 10X3's in the mail. They're used and need to be remolded, but that hasn't stop me from forcing them in to see what they sound like.
I'm completely blown away so far, and can't wait to send them off and get them remolded.

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #59 of 71
Looking forward to your impressions after the remold 

Quote:
Just got my 10X3's in the mail. They're used and need to be remolded, but that hasn't stop me from forcing them in to see what they sound like.
I'm completely blown away so far, and can't wait to send them off and get them remolded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back