JH Audio JH|10X3PRO Appreciation Thread
Mar 27, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #61 of 71
Sorry to hear that..May I ask what company you are using?

Quote:
It might be a while yet.
You know that saying about "whatever can go wrong"?
Yeah, it's not quite that bad but it's not much better.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #62 of 71

Quote:
Sorry to hear that..May I ask what company you are using?

I went with 1964 Ears for my reshelling. Glad I did too.
The issues weren't with 1964 Ears themselves, just a few misunderstandings when it came to my impressions.
I have a slightly malformed ear on one side, and it was the real trouble maker when it came to getting the drivers to fit properly inside of them.

That being said, they've come back and I'm mighty impressed with the job they did. It's a great fit so far, and haven't managed to get the seal to break.
Also the shell looks amazing.

As for the sound.
..... I was impressed when they didn't fit right when I got them second hand.
Now I'm amazed. Jerry and Company really know what they're doing when it comes to IEM's.
The initial impression and shock needs to wear off before I can truly give an in depth impression, and I'll probably write up a review in about 4-6 months when I've had ample time to sit around and listen to them.

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #63 of 71
Well I feel the need to give an impression after having them for a while and getting to test them daily for the last 3 months.

I'm just as happy with them as I was when I first got them. Through portable pairing with my Cowon J3 I've found improvement in every area compared to my Turbine Coppers. I noticed with the MTPC's that while enjoyable, the bass was casting a veil over the mids and causing me to have to struggle to hear details in certain songs. I found it pretty noticeable when listening to Rush and Eve 6. I've found that the JH10X3's bring the mids forward, while keeping the bass separate from the rest of the spectrum but not exactly toning it down (a plus for me).
While maintaining the bass, it also cleaned up the highs which I often found difficult to listen to due to a large amount of hiss I seemed to be getting off a lot of female vocalists and cymbals. 
The soundstage is definitely bigger than it was on the Coppers but not by a large amount through my Cowon.

What I'm actually most impressed with though is using them at my desktop, as they play really well with my Fiio E10.
Recently I've taken to using it when I'm gaming on my computer at home, and I have to say that it is a pleasure to be able to hear every little detail designers put into the games I like. Today I was playing Battlefield 3 and was able to take out guys trying to sneak up behind me because I could hear them coming from a good distance off. I was also able the hear a cat meowing at me at Seine. 
Red Orchestra 2 I'm able to tell the difference between Russian rag boots, and German Jack boots.
Also the soundstage through my Fiio seems HUGE. Accurate too. 

Sitting down listening to music at my computer used to be a rather bland experience due to having only a pair of M-Audio AV-30's to listen out of. Now I can Plug in my 10X3's to my E10 and blast music for my niece to listen to out of my speakers, while being able to actually lose myself in the music through my 10X3's. It's audio bliss.

The quality I get out of these hits every mark I was aiming for. It leaves me able to be satisfied with what I have rather than wish I was able to fit more than 3 drivers into my left ear.
Best purchase I've made yet.

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #64 of 71
Thinking of getting the 10X3s. Then I tried the FitEars. And I'm absolutely torn. Problem being, I'm in a place where the cost of getting any custom is about double the price in the country of its make. It is annoying. The FitEars are priced out of my range. Like the 10X3s, but wish I never sampled the FitEars. 

Mar 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #65 of 71
I settled for the JH 10 x3 Pro after auditioning the JH5, JH7, JH11, and the 10 x3 Pro.  There really is not comparison between 2-way crossover vs 3-way.  The 3-way is far superior.  All of the 2-way crossovers had issues with bass interfering with vocals easily heard with Maroon 5.

The 10 x3 Pro sounds great out of my iPod touch 3G and even better from my home rig.  I have no regrets.

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #66 of 71
I settled for the JH 10 x3 Pro after auditioning the JH5, JH7, JH11, and the 10 x3 Pro.  There really is not comparison between 2-way crossover vs 3-way.  The 3-way is far superior.  All of the 2-way crossovers had issues with bass interfering with vocals easily heard with Maroon 5.

The 10 x3 Pro sounds great out of my iPod touch 3G and even better from my home rig.  I have no regrets.

Demoed most of that as well. It was the best but I wasn't awed by it as much as I was with some other customs.

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #67 of 71
Quote:
Demoed most of that as well. It was the best but I wasn't awed by it as much as I was with some other customs.

What customer awed you?

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #68 of 71
What customer awed you?

Have a read of this thread and skip to the part on my demo on customs.

www.head-fi.org/t/653620/portability-the-next-step-after-my-ie8s-long-post

I've tried the JH13 as well in the past on top of what I tried that day.

The issue will be over what sound sig you are looking for. I'm guessing if you were interested in the 10X3s, then based on what I've read, the Audio Earz Aud-7X may be another worth looking into at the same price bracket.

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #71 of 71
I just got my re-shelled JH10X3 back from Unique Melody.

My first impression was that the build quality was really good. The shells're beautifully crafted and I couldn't find any flaws. IMHO the build simply puts JH Audio to shame. Isolation is also excellent, in fact the best I've experienced so far (I've had 4 CIEMs).

They even sent back the fragments of the old earpieces in a plastic bag!

Below is the FR graph of the new pair, for those who are interested:

SQ wise, the new pair sounds a little different than the old pair from what I can remember. Firstly lows are a bit more pronounced. Mid-bass hits harder and there's more rumble in the sub-bass region. Secondly there's more sparkle (probably due to the peak at 5k?) and hence micro-details are more easily heard. The downside is that I also detect a tiny amount of sibilance in vocals. To sum it up, the new pair sounds a touch more aggressive but also more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back