JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 17, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #1,201 of 3,122
I learned to wind it in starting with the connector first on the outer (inside) rim of the case and when I finished winding the earpieces went into the middle of the spiral.  But then I went and got a nice soft case for them to live in on my desk.  A lot easier and quicker.

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #1,202 of 3,122
JH Audio Siren Series Full Metal Jacket:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/791717/jh-audio-astell-kern-siren-series-full-metal-jacket-line-announced#post_12174812

Angie has some new clothing and has a new sister......

New custom Black Dragon cable:

http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-iem-headphone-cable-v2.html

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #1,203 of 3,122
Of course the new siren line announces just a few days after I buy Angies 
mad.gif
 how bad should I feel about this? from the video it seems like the only difference is a couple more metal parts, is this significant at all? and apparently a 200$ price raise lol

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #1,204 of 3,122
"Stiffer" is what the metal is supposed to bring to the party.  And the metal ones aren't as "pretty" as the current ones.  Kind of boring looking, in fact.  For 200 bucks more.  

Between this one (I bought my Angie in the early Fall) and the UERM (I bought that one in late Spring) I feel like the retailers are throwing a whammy my way.  But I'm not going to go running off in a mad attempt to get the newest/greatest.  The current models are great.  A person could be stampeded into buying a new TOTL iem every year or two.  Good luck with that.

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #1,205 of 3,122
Dont worry about it cheep. I prefer the current design and price tag. Solid metal is nice but a luxury. Sound comes first.

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #1,207 of 3,122
Carbon fibre +1 yeah!

But there will always be those who want the latest and greatest. So I'll be combing the classifieds for cheap Laylas lol.

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #1,208 of 3,122
Given the winter and the fact that my wife never gets cold I'm living in an ice box right now. I'd hate to be putting cold metal in my ears. Same reason I hate the new K10U housing and went with customs instead. I'm happy with the Angie's I've got.

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #1,209 of 3,122
I do like the carbon fibre, and it has the same sound anyway which is what I care about. Thanks for ridding my worries fellow head-fiers 
etysmile.gif
 consumerism is evil

olddude, how would you compare the Angies to the UERM?

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #1,210 of 3,122
Given the winter and the fact that my wife never gets cold I'm living in an ice box right now. I'd hate to be putting cold metal in my ears. Same reason I hate the new K10U housing and went with customs instead. I'm happy with the Angie's I've got.

Haha over here it's tropical heat all year round so it's inserting hot metal to my ears.

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #1,211 of 3,122
olddude, how would you compare the Angies to the UERM?

I think he's made mention of it earlier, you can search the thread.

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #1,212 of 3,122
Haha over here it's tropical heat all year round so it's inserting hot metal to my ears.

I hate you. :veryevil:

Well, of course I don't, just jealous. :tongue_smile:

This is Canada right now....

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #1,214 of 3,122
So today I had the opportunity to pair a Chord Mojo with my Angie. That was certainly some of the most justified hype I've ever experienced. I've been on the fence about which AK DAP to purchase. But after listening with the Mojo I'm thinking it might be the next investment instead. ><

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #1,215 of 3,122
So today I had the opportunity to pair a Chord Mojo with my Angie. That was certainly some of the most justified hype I've ever experienced. I've been on the fence about which AK DAP to purchase. But after listening with the Mojo I'm thinking it might be the next investment instead. ><

I think that if you don't try it you really can't understand the hype. To me it's not hype, just good praise of a deserving product that pairs very well with the Angie.

Save your money and only consider the AK100 mk2 if you're considering the Mojo. It's the perfect stack with a SysConcepts optical cable. Otherwise any transport with a digital output will do. My AK240 doesn't cut it against the Mojo.

Edit: I should add that this surprised me as the Angie were tuned for the AK240 balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back