JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 15, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #1,186 of 3,122
Hey cheep! Glad you had the chance to audition her, and even more happy you fell in love like the rest of us. Angie is one of those phones that grows more spectacular as you upgrade sources. She's a great choice to accompany you on the Head-fi journey.

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #1,187 of 3,122
  I just got my Angies yesterday, sortof on a whim 
etysmile.gif
 Ive been hunting for a new TOTL IEM with great detail and sound separation, I was recommended the Angies on another thread and after reading 79 pages of this thread I was pretty convinced. After going to the store and trying them out I liked them more than the 846s, 535s, and w40s I tried, it was a tough decision between ety ER4s and the Angies, the ER4s had the greatest treble detail and clarity I've heard, but the Angies were much more 'musical' with a more 'full' sound, and something gave me a feeling the Angies would be for me. 

They have a very unique sound to me that I have not heard from any other speaker/headphone before, does anyone else notice this or have I just not heard other similar sounding phones?
They have very good soundstage for an IEM it's like my head is a speaker from ear to ear if that makes any sense , very good tight punchy and not overpowering (my kind of) bass if you so choose to turn up the bass port (awesome feature), cymbals / snare region (these are 'highs' I assume?) aswell as drum kicks are quite pronounced, the sound feels 'full' and I can hear all the different sounds in good detail but at different levels so I would say they are not very neutral. 

Coming from listening to adams studio monitors and etymotic hf5 which are very neutral, I think it will take some getting used to the Angies sound (and this whole behind ear thing), but I believe over time (and some EQ playing) I will (hopefully) be able to fully appreciate them. I have a fiio x3ii and e12a on the way, I'm sure these will show me more of Angies potential.

Angie was named after a rolling stones song of the same name, for anyone who has not heard 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcZn2-bGXqQ (music video, poor sound)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5_EBAzIPJM (no video, better sound)

Welcome to the club, glad you're enjoying these. Even among the TOTL IEMs, Angie's are quite special. Yes, the soundstage is surreal for an iem, she did kick the K10 out of my collection.

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #1,188 of 3,122
  Welcome to the club, glad you're enjoying these. Even among the TOTL IEMs, Angie's are quite special. Yes, the soundstage is surreal for an iem, she did kick the K10 out of my collection.

Thanks for that. Was always curious about how the K10 sounded but the price (even with the 20% BF discount) always put me off. Got the Angies thinking it would be neutral with wide soundstage, but it's so much more than that. For lack of better words, they sound truly musical, coherent and effortless. Yeah the shells are a bit large but I got used to that pretty quickly. The Angies are musical bliss.

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #1,189 of 3,122

Universal or Custom?

Mentioned because I love Angie AND love my custom K10's (and mess around with Roxanne on the side) 
wink_face.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #1,190 of 3,122

Universal or Custom?

Mentioned because I love Angie AND love my custom K10's (and mess around with Roxanne on the side) :wink_face:

I had the Unis, only the included double flanges were good for me. Customs might have been better, but sound signature was not exciting for me. It was not bad at anything (except soundstage), it wasn't excellent at anything either.

It was a modest upgrade over SE846 (for 2x the price), but I still preferred SE846's bass.

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #1,193 of 3,122

Why hello there!

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #1,194 of 3,122
Dec 17, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #1,195 of 3,122
Congrats!
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

I've been using it with my Gustard H10 /X20 stack with an ifi purifier and it's very very fun sounding indeed. 

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #1,196 of 3,122

I am not concern about earwax anymore, i am using comply foam tsx 500, its has wax guard and its very comfortable for longer listening.

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #1,197 of 3,122

I am not concern about earwax anymore, i am using comply foam tsx 500, its has wax guard and its very comfortable for longer listening.

Anyone think the Angie carrying case is way too small? 

I struggle to place my IEMs in all the time. 

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #1,198 of 3,122
Anyone think the Angie carrying case is way too small? 

I struggle to place my IEMs in all the time. 

If you find it that way maybe you need something like pelican case, at first i am too struggle with angie carrying case but after awhile i get the hang of it and i am fine with it.

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #1,200 of 3,122
I thought it wad small at first, but I've been using it for a couple of months now. The case is the perfect size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back