JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 18, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #406 of 3,122
Angie loves hard-core guitar rock - LOUD Soundgarden Badmotorfinger (1991 pressing lossless - not the compressed remaster) - some of the cleanest distortion in recent memory (can you have clean distortion?) 
beyersmile.png

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #407 of 3,122
Angie loves hard-core guitar rock - LOUD Soundgarden Badmotorfinger (1991 pressing lossless - not the compressed remaster) - some of the cleanest distortion in recent memory (can you have clean distortion?) :beyersmile:

Oh yes. Yes you can! :)

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #412 of 3,122
It looks like my replacement should be shipped out to me today. Fingers crossed for the excellent build quality shown by recent new owners.

A&K ought to accept a free reshelling of the initial batch of botched weavings. (*Game of Thrones Septa voice* "Shame!")

I found the electric guitars on the Legend Omegas magically epic. I'll try to compare with the Angie (and Layla) at the London CanJam booth.

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #413 of 3,122
If SGS' Angie comes back lookin perfect like the last two sets posted here I'm gettin in touch with A&K :rolleyes:

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #414 of 3,122

JHs are sort of notorious about taking 1-200 hours to fully come around. This is an area that I felt the AK240 beat the 120ii. It was a bigger more weighty and open perspective and I did this compare with universal Angies. I think my a old ak120 with no resistor and 1.37fw sounds remarkably open. 
  Mine is only around 50 Hours, let see if it's better around 200 Hrs. My theory is AK120 II, doesn't like the added load of inline varistor. Usually its great with my other multi-BA iems.  

Thanks for the tip @goodvibes. These did open around 120 Hrs mark. Mind you, I was neutral to burn-in claims. This is my first ears-on experience with burn-in.
These don't feel under-powered with AK120 II anymore, I run them at 35-40 volume level, just like other BA iems. 

Comfort is also much much better, with my favourite westone star tips. Can't believe, I almost gave up on these and initiated return with my seller last Friday.

Weaves are still very bad though, compared to these latest batches. I also think, the shape is a bit off on the right side. I have changed my return to replacement request.

Weave is completely missing on the stem and connector area.

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #416 of 3,122
Thanks for the tip @goodvibes. These did open around 120 Hrs mark. Mind you, I was neutral to burn-in claims. This is my first ears-on experience with burn-in.
These don't feel under-powered with AK120 II anymore, I run them at 35-40 volume level, just like other BA iems. 

Comfort is also much much better, with my favourite westone star tips. Can't believe, I almost gave up on these and initiated return with my seller last Friday.

Weaves are still very bad though, compared to these latest batches. I also think, the shape is a bit off on the right side. I have changed my return to replacement request.

Utterly laughable quality. Reminds me of my second pair :rolleyes:

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #418 of 3,122

Hey cj, do you mind posting a photo of the other side? I'm curious to see how the steel bores look, as well as the driver sizes.

+1 - Interested in how big the drivers are - IMO these are big for a reason - no multiple TWFKs inside

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #419 of 3,122

Thank you, you saved my day!
I miss the comfort of my old westone 4R, the combination of westone star tips with Angie could be a winner
the compatibility is a big surprise to me, i think the hole in the star tip is veeery narrow

P.S. Angie + Herbie Hancock / Return Of The Headhunters = Eargasm :)

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #420 of 3,122
Hey cj, do you mind posting a photo of the other side? I'm curious to see how the steel bores look, as well as the driver sizes.

Here you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back