JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 14, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #376 of 3,122
Does anyone know (I'm not at liberty to completely disassemble the box right now) where the bass screw is situated when new? I look at the pots and the end of the groove with the two red dots seem to be at the 5 o'clock position - all the way to the right - does it come stock with the bass boost all the way up?

EDIT: - yes they are up all the way - I turned the pots to 10am - let's see how that goes before I turn the bass up

Aug 14, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #377 of 3,122
Mine did. 12 o'clock is where I like mine, but 1 o'clock is quite good too. I see yours has a perfect weave as well. Congrats, but seriously, what gives JH? What recourse do us early adopters have when the product should have looked like that to begin with? Can't say I'm too happy about this whole situation :l 

Aug 14, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #378 of 3,122
  Mine did. 12 o'clock is where I like mine, but 1 o'clock is quite good too. I see yours has a perfect weave as well. Congrats, but seriously, what gives JH? What recourse do us early adopters have when the product should have looked like that to begin with? Can't say I'm too happy about this whole situation :l 

Thanks, I'll try it at 12 to start - I must say I am pleased with the weave - I has seen the pics of some that were, let's say, a bit scattered - but in the end I was willing to take the chance because I wanted to hear them - and that part is flush against my ear - but I know that's easy for me to say now...

The wait was the kicker for me - two months - but the price was right (Livesoundwave 25% off)

Aug 14, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #379 of 3,122

Thanks, I'll try it at 12 to start - I must say I am pleased with the weave - I has seen the pics of some that were, let's say, a bit scattered - but in the end I was willing to take the chance because I wanted to hear them - and that part is flush against my ear - but I know that's easy for me to say now...

The wait was the kicker for me - two months - but the price was right (Livesoundwave 25% off)

Interesting... SGS ordered from the same source and he's been waiting for months as well. He told me that they were expecting shipment from Korea? I know Astell & Kern are Korean but he was theorizing about potential outsourcing. Not sure if that's the case or not, but the last two that have popped up in this thread look perfect 

Aug 14, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #380 of 3,122

Interesting... SGS ordered from the same source and he's been waiting for months as well. He told me that they were expecting shipment from Korea? I know Astell & Kern are Korean but he was theorizing about potential outsourcing. Not sure if that's the case or not, but the last two that have popped up in this thread look perfect 

No no no

They are completely authorized - I even spoke to Owen at A&K (when I started thinking that way - lol) the problem is they are backordered like mad - Owen told me that they had streamlined the manufacturing process because they got hammered with orders.

The other problem is since it is A&K product, it gets made in Florida, shipped to Korea, then shipped to vendors - but warranty is completely covered as Livesoundwave is authorized....

Got it from the ...

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #381 of 3,122
After listening to the lossless version of Yes' "Close To The Edge" (Steve White mix) and "Stop Making Sense" on my iMac through my ALO Island (Cirrus CS4398 - same as AK240, just not dual) I have to say at first blush these are sounding awfully good.... Bass at 12 o'clock, decent volume - good fit with a pair of Shure Olives... fun stuff.

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #383 of 3,122
yes say "it sounds great" 100 times a day.

confused.gif

um-k

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #384 of 3,122
these have been on my list ever since i started thinking about upgrading from k3003 , but the fit /qc issues keep me from going ahead - plus that i am a bit afraid shelling out a 1000$ without hearing them first

still , my finger itches

arghhhhhhhhh

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #386 of 3,122
Aug 15, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #388 of 3,122
Iva,
Very interested to hear your take on these. I am considering them but concerned about all the earlier QC issues they had. I think your idea of sound is similar to mine, I value your judgement...

Aug 15, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #389 of 3,122
Iva,
Very interested to hear your take on these. I am considering them but concerned about all the earlier QC issues they had. I think your idea of sound is similar to mine, I value your judgement...

me to very much looking for iva feedback

Aug 15, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #390 of 3,122
Hi, I am a new owner of an Angie and had a question for current owners.  My accessories included a spare 3.5 mm cable.  I was under the impression that the package was supposed to include a 3.5 mm terminated cable and a balanced dual 2.5 mm cable for connection to A&K dacs.  Am I wrong?  If not, I guess I need to contact A&K to see about getting the balanced cable.  I was not planning to purchase a A&K dac but thought that it may help if I decide to resell down the road.  Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back