JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 8, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #1,606 of 3,122
After months of using Angie at 2 o'clock bass, and loving it, yesterday I decided to turn the bass all the way up, and haven't changed it back. Change can be wonderfully revitalizing. It's sort of like owning a whole new earphone.

I've explored the bass pots a few times, but always felt 2 o'clock sounded best. I guess I got bored, and Angie is flexible enough to transform into something new and interesting. She's a special girl. :D

+1000

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #1,607 of 3,122
I used spin fit for my Angie now and finally they sound correct. Comply is really bad on them and the normal silicon just don't stay in the ear

I can finally agree on Spinfits.  I was never impressed with the sound from Spinfits because I never got a good seal and therefore, no isolation.  The last time I ordered Spinfits, I got one set of large and one set of medium.  When they first came in, I tried the large, couldn't get a good seal and went back to the Comply, thinking if I couldn't get a seal with the large set, trying the medium would be a waste of time.  This past weekend out of frustration with the poor sound with a new, very expensive DAP, I decided to give the medium pair a trial.  Wow!  All of a sudden the Angies sounded better than I thought they could and at the same time kept me from rushing to get rid of the new DAP.  

My advice -- if you've tried Spinfit on the Angie and wasn't happy with the result, try another size.  It certainly made all the difference in the world for me.  

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #1,609 of 3,122

I can finally agree on Spinfits.  I was never impressed with the sound from Spinfits because I never got a good seal and therefore, no isolation.  The last time I ordered Spinfits, I got one set of large and one set of medium.  When they first came in, I tried the large, couldn't get a good seal and went back to the Comply, thinking if I couldn't get a seal with the large set, trying the medium would be a waste of time.  This past weekend out of frustration with the poor sound with a new, very expensive DAP, I decided to give the medium pair a trial.  Wow!  All of a sudden the Angies sounded better than I thought they could and at the same time kept me from rushing to get rid of the new DAP.  

My advice -- if you've tried Spinfit on the Angie and wasn't happy with the result, try another size.  It certainly made all the difference in the world for me.  

My spinfits came in just a few days ago, both large and medium, and I've been having trouble with the seal and trying to enjoy them. Last night I found that if I rotate them I somehow get a seal, but its in a strange position with the memory wire sticking out on my face, its not ideal  and often feels like im getting different sound out of each ear (I assume due to seal issues). So far I think I prefer the comply sound, but I'll keep playing with them.. I want to have a revelation moment like yourself, I hate using foam which degrades so fast 

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #1,610 of 3,122
  My spinfits came in just a few days ago, both large and medium, and I've been having trouble with the seal and trying to enjoy them. Last night I found that if I rotate them I somehow get a seal, but its in a strange position with the memory wire sticking out on my face, its not ideal  and often feels like im getting different sound out of each ear (I assume due to seal issues). So far I think I prefer the comply sound, but I'll keep playing with them.. I want to have a revelation moment like yourself, I hate using foam which degrades so fast 

i think the easiest and deepest insertion is to insert with the memory wire sticking out on your face, then rotate the iem backward until the memory wire rests on your ear, but easy so not to hurt your ear..

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #1,612 of 3,122
honestly, since i got angies and my ears are not feeling well, i don't know if it is luck or there is something wrong, but i have used lots of iems with comply tips and everything was cool, last of them was se846 and they were very comfortable for me.

i think the problem is my ear is too small for such a big nozzle + meaty comply tip that it puts a constant pressure on my ears.

first couple of weeks with them, my ear canal skin got irritated badly that i visited the doctor and took medication for it, now my ear seems good but in less than 20 min with angies on i start getting itchy feeling in both ears that i didn't use to get before.

anyway, i like their sound so much that iam not willing to give up on it so early, although i prefer complys but i will try to find a less meaty tip may be a small silicone one,

many people enjoy angie and find it comfortable, so this post is not to bash the product in anyway :D

just may be someone with more experience has some hints ..

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #1,613 of 3,122
first couple of weeks with them, my ear canal skin got irritated badly that i visited the doctor and took medication for it, now my ear seems good but in less than 20 min with angies on i start getting itchy feeling in both ears that i didn't use to get

I had the same, but switched to the comfort complys (tsx500) and it's stopped any irritation. Kinda felt like my ears were burning before. I think the best sound has come from comply, love the slight dampening effect they have.

I have some Snugs on the way, hopefully that will get the CIEM sound with a universal Angie. If done right they should be the most comfortable tips around. Expecting them this week, will post impressions here.

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #1,615 of 3,122
I had the same, but switched to the comfort complys (tsx500) and it's stopped any irritation. Kinda felt like my ears were burning before. I think the best sound has come from comply, love the slight dampening effect they have.

I have some Snugs on the way, hopefully that will get the CIEM sound with a universal Angie. If done right they should be the most comfortable tips around. Expecting them this week, will post impressions here.

Well, i normally use the TX500, but with the angies the active ones SX500 is better for me as it is smaller (while there is still some itching but not as badly as others).

Oh snugs, they do these for angies ? i would certainly love your impressions on that and some pics when you receive it ..

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #1,616 of 3,122
What model of Spinfits works with the Angies?  I'm looking at Amazon and thinking of trying them...

Thanks!

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #1,617 of 3,122

Oh snugs, they do these for angies ? i would certainly love your impressions on that and some pics when you receive it ..

I have only seen them on the layla but they said they had the templates. Will post all that good stuff when I get them :)

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #1,618 of 3,122
Hi, I already asked this the question in InEar thread, but it looks dead.

I have InEar SD-3 at the moment and was wondering if JH Angie will be a noticeable upgrade.
As another option I was thinking of buying silver balanced cable to make SD-3 sound less warm (and maybe add a bit of highs) on my AK100II.

Did anyone compare them?

Thanks

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #1,619 of 3,122
  What model of Spinfits works with the Angies? 

Model CP100

I have InEar SD-3 at the moment and was wondering if JH Angie will be a noticeable upgrade.
As another option I was thinking of buying silver balanced cable to make SD-3 sound less warm (and maybe add a bit of highs) on my AK100II.

Never listened to SD-3 but I would have thought the Angie would be an upgrade. Thats a nice IEM so I don't know how much 'better' it would be, but your AK100II has balanced out which works with the Angie and people are saying it works wonders.

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #1,620 of 3,122

and that expensive dap was ??? 

:) 

well no need to answer as i know which dap you are referring to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back