JH-3A SIGHTINGS in the WILD
Nov 21, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #76 of 246
bozebuttons, when you mentioned adapter cable, did you mean the cable to use the jh16a on 3.5mm devices? 

Yes the cable to use the jh16s without the 3a.

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #78 of 246
I saw JH-16's on a visit to the hospital not so far back. They were using them for something but not sure what. Some doctor was carrying like 4 pairs. Wish I could have seen them up close. Looked so nice. 

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #80 of 246
Got my shipping notice today and hopefully will have them friday, i was somewhere in the late 60's, i believe they are shipping 10+ amps per day so everyone should have theirs shipped by end of next week.

Nov 23, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #81 of 246
Loving my 3A straight out of my laptop via USB.  My solution to the battery issue is to leave the USB plugged in.  When I step away from my desk power off the 3A.  Simple solution around the battery life thing.  Couldn't be happier!

Nov 24, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #82 of 246
Just finished up the order today.  thank you Beth and JH  for making the process delightful and answering all questions and concerns.

They said about a month for delivery.

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #84 of 246
Had a look inside the amp and it seems it has a removable opamp just like the iBasso amp i saw picture of.
The battery should also be easily user replaceable which is what i was checking.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #86 of 246

Quote:
What do you think so far Wazzup?  I'm digging mine.

I've been using it all day with coax with the CLAS and loving it, just with the iPhone it is a disappointment.
Going to burn everything in for awhile longer then do some comparisons.
Someone might want to open a new appreciation thread and post a link here now that most people have the amp in their hands.

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #87 of 246
I finaly got a chance to try the 3a today, & the 3a is DOA.I fully charged it monday till the green light came on.
No lights on the on switch or selector inputs.I  tried the JH16s with my sr71b with the adapter cable they work,I can hear the 3a turn on but no sound.
I was # 5  as I bought the 3a at Canjam.
First unit I got had the wrong color earpieces & cable length (That unit went back 1 hour after I got it)
Got the second unit from the next batch everything was good other then the gain issues I could have lived with that,sound quality was very good.
When the revised units came out I was on the fence about sending back the origional design, Newer units where supposed to have taken care of those issues with better sound Quality.
I waited to send the 3a back JHA could catch up on their orders,I got a email saying amps where ready for exchange with a short turn around,so i sent my 3a setup back.
Waited 2 1/2 weeks after JHA shipped me a newer unit,no biggie on the time frame.

When I recieved the 3a last monday I opened up the box to see the cables on the 16s where turning green,the ones I sent in had no signs of green on them.
I called JHA about that & they would send out a new cable out to me ,not here yet but could be in the mail .
  I have been very patient thru this whole saga with the 3a & gave JHA the benefit of doubt ,but the green cable & DOA 3a  is the straw that broke the Camels back after almost a 1 1/2 years.
This will be the 3rd time I have to ship the 3a setup back to JHA on my dime.3 strikes & you are out.
 I emailed JHA customer service & requested a refund. I will call them on  Monday
I am not a Happy Camper 
frown.gif

Nov 27, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #88 of 246
Jh QC is indeed very bad.
They done my shells the wrong colour with the wrong artwork and the build quality is as if a child made it and my cable is also green and looks ugly in that colour, i will email them on monday to return the cable and earpiece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back