Jerry Harvey is back!
May 30, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #61 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
6!!!??? This is Spartaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

lol. It should sound twice as good as the ES3X!

Joking aside... What about comfort? The Westone customs, with their heat-sensitive tips, have been described as more comfortable for extended wear than the all-acrylic UE customs. It begs the question: how comfy will the JH customs be?

May 30, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #62 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Joking aside... What about comfort? The Westone customs, with their heat-sensitive tips, have been described as more comfortable for extended wear than the all-acrylic UE customs. It begs the question: how comfy will the JH customs be?

That's a good point. I can wear my ES3X for hours and not feel a thing.

May 30, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #63 of 180
Quote:

Also, the UE11 has four drivers, and is said to be significantly heavier than the UE10pro, so it begs the question as to whether the six drivers will lead to an increased weight difference that could have an impact on comfort.

I'm really excited about the idea that the JH5 is $399...I'm not sure if it's a triple driver IEM, but if it is, there's a very good chance I've found my next big audio purchase.

Between the JH5, the UE4, the livewires3, and the "aero", there is suddenly an influx of more moderately priced customs on the market.

I can't speak for anyone else, but if it's between paying $380 for the livewires3 or $500 for the "aero", I'm going to take the name-brand custom 9 times out of 10.

I'm really hoping the JH5 is a giant-killer, and not a re-branded UE5pro. Props to Jerry Harvey for revising the price on those...I think it will prove to be a very smart move in establishing his brand.

*just checked, it does appear the JH5 is a dual-driver phone. Not necessarily a deal-killer, but it makes me wonder if it's essentially a UE5...

May 30, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #64 of 180
Also, gotta say that the JH13 seems like it will be a sure-fire FOTM. Six drivers? I can't even begin to imagine what that thing will sound like, but I bet you it will be really really good-

May 30, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #65 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really hoping the JH5 is a giant-killer, and not a re-branded UE5pro.

If it were, it would be an excellent deal, considering that the UE5pro costs $600.

May 30, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #66 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, gotta say that the JH13 seems like it will be a sure-fire FOTM. Six drivers? I can't even begin to imagine what that thing will sound like, but I bet you it will be really really good-

it says it will be providing "aural sex" ....... for your ears.
darthsmile.gif

May 30, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #69 of 180
Quote:

In case it went unnoticed: the post of mine you're answering to was *gasp* sarcastic.

@Sinocelt: Sorry my fault that i never see the sarcasism.
tongue.gif

Has anyone received thier JH13pro? Website says 3-5 days for it to be completed. Wonder how good will it be against UE10/11pro.

May 30, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #71 of 180
Just a question, how exactly does number of drivers affect SQ? I thought how the drivers are tuned has a bigger effect.

RE0 (if i'm not wrong) has less drivers than E530 or the triple.fis but they are mostly comparable, judging by the threads here. Or the IE8s are compared to W3 or UM3X, but lets not go into dynamic v BA drivers here.

My point is, JH13 has 6 drivers, in a technical way, how does it make the SQ better than, say, ES3X?

BTW, I agree with the comfort issues, lets hope they use heat sensitive tips like Westone

May 30, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #72 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by charpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a question, how exactly does number of drivers affect SQ? I thought how the drivers are tuned has a bigger effect.

RE0 (if i'm not wrong) has less drivers than E530 or the triple.fis but they are mostly comparable, judging by the threads here. Or the IE8s are compared to W3 or UM3X, but lets not go into dynamic v BA drivers here.

Then you should have used the er4p (single BA) rather than the RE0 (dynamic) as an example.
wink.gif

Quote:

My point is, JH13 has 6 drivers, in a technical way, how does it make the SQ better than, say, ES3X?

It has the potential of being more precise, since each driver has to cover a smaller range of frequencies. Of course, this potential isn't always realized. For instance, my HF5 (single BA) easily beats my ADDIEM (dual BA).

Quote:

BTW, I agree with the comfort issues, lets hope they use heat sensitive tips like Westone

I doubt it, looking at the photo and considering there's no mention of the material used. But we should have some feedback about that soon enough.

Well, okay, not soon enough. But still, in a not-too-remote future.
tongue.gif

May 30, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #75 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeTrun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question: do the JH Pro IEMs have a removable cable? Just wondering.
smily_headphones1.gif

Since Jerry Harvey designed the UE line of custom monitors, I very much doubt his own line won't have removable cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back