JenaLab recabled R10
Apr 28, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #392 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know for a fact 99% of you would not have the balls to say anything to my face...
cool.gif

You're welcome to come to Florida this weekend and put that theory to the test. I'd love to have an open and honest discussion with you about this situation. Unless of course you were trying to be threatening, in which case, welcome to my ignore list.

Apr 28, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #396 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're welcome to come to Florida this weekend and put that theory to the test. I'd love to have an open and honest discussion with you about this situation. Unless of course you were trying to be threatening, in which case, welcome to my ignore list.

Look, I'm not making any threats, just stating a fact. People rush in to post crap when the ONLY thing I asked was that we wait for a response, before jumping to a conclusion, even if it looked bad from the start for Jena. Now we have an official response (which I posted in haste, I admit)... that's all. I did it with the understanding that it would put me in a precarious situation, but still there's no excuse for the BS that was posted afterwards. Florida this w\e is not doable for me, but we can arrange a date in the future to have that open discussion, I have no problems with that.

Apr 28, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #398 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boilingfrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for everyones support. In my wildest dreams I never expected this issue to become such a raging topic on Headfi. My intention was only to make the community aware of what had taken place. Yes, I fully expected JL to take a hit with this. They deserved to for how horribly they treated me(and my R10s). But not to this degree. Watching the community process this I realized that I haven't been nearly as upset as some of the members with what happened to me. Well, it's fair to say JL's decision to post my name in their rantings certainly doesn't make me happy. This was a super unprofessional move that doesn't remotely seem to help their case or their business. Jennifer's response is reminding me of the famous "Who stole the strawberrys?" scene in Citizen Kane. It's just becoming sheer madness. I can't even begin to think how someone seemingly so intelligent could misread a situation so badly. JL has created and subsequently perpetuated this entire tragedy on themselves. I suggest they avoid opening a PR agency any time soon. Again, thanks for everyones support. Glad to be able to liven up the board with my arrival.

TVFE0015.jpg

It was you, you, BoilingFrog, you stole the strawberries!

Actually, that is from The Caine Mutiny, although in your current state of seige I don't blame you for mixing up the movie titles. Sorry you are having to go through all of this mess. Hope you are having some good time under those beautiful APS R10s as consolation!

Apr 28, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #400 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good thing... I was starting to doubt whether or not I'd seen Citizen Kane.

Hahaha, yeah, that had me confused for a moment there too.

Apr 28, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #401 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riboge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First off, it was as much his business as yours. Second, he clearly exercised bad judgment and also underestimated the hair-trigger ill will of such as you. Just how does this give a rational basis for calling him a liar, a shill, etc?

The most pathetic thing is your thinking that if I speak up for maturity, reserving judgment and basic values of our culture until the facts are known and despite being frustrated or impatient getting them that this places me on a "high horse". That means to me your horse is way below any acceptable moral/ethical ground, making any kissing impossible in addition to being totally repugnant.

And then, even if there were a basis for your opinion, how does this make the whole thing acceptably a matter of ghoulish entertainment? The available evidence, as opposed to your thinking that your thinking supplants the need for evidence, is that Morph201 was trying to do a good thing in a stupid way and further undermined by JL Lab's great indiscretion in sending their email (and perhaps more, of course). It could turn out it was worse but there is no evidence, only supposition, indicating that.

Maturity? .... YOU wish those that this pertains to would take their popcorn to a dogfight or some such or better yet just shove it....

That statement was so mature.
rolleyes.gif

Moving on, the facts as presented were quite clear. I dont know what more you expect to be given? A secret videotape?

What evidence is there JL did do the cable correctly? None!

We have a response from JL that offered what proof? None I see!

I do know how I would feel if I paid $1500 to JL for a recable of my irreplaceable headphone and they nearly ruined them. So, I think JL's response was VERY sad. I think JLab's email response to a stranger, especially with the owners name revealed, was ridiculous. Moreover, how do you come to the conclusion Morph201 was trying to a good thing in a bad way? My take is he was trying to a bad thing in a bad way for his own private fun .... that blew up in his face .... and he suffered the consequences. Boo Hoo ....poor Morph201. Let's ignore the real victim.

The ONLY evidence is the pics and they clearly do not support JLabs. JL's evidence was Morph201 undermining someone who had already suffered loss with nothing more than the company at faults email declarations .... which is then regurgitated on their website.

I appreciate the fact the boilingfrogs had the guts to reveal this fiasco so that others can avoid the same fate. This thread would not EXIST if JL did right by their customer.

Apr 28, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #402 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good thing... I was starting to doubt whether or not I'd seen Citizen Kane.

Jena Labs ruined my Citizen Kane. I sent it to them in perfect condition and they gave me back Bogart, damn their perfidious hides.

This thread is becoming one of those "head-fi mysteries" they're posting about over in the Member's Lounge. Will we ever know the truth? Is there a truth? Still puzzles me how anyone with JC's audiophile street cred could watch this all go down and not take restorative action. If I were them I'd scour Audiogon and then hop on a plane with an unruined, er unmodded second set of R10s and a photographer and make all this right, and quickly.

o

Apr 28, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #405 of 626
What will be next a chapter in YOUTUBE... ??? ...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back