JenaLab recabled R10
Apr 27, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #376 of 626
I have a pretty tough time accepting Jenna Labs side of this mess, They harp on the fact that they provided 3k plus worth of services but since they received both headphone harness' back and simply rewired the stock cable back on I fail to understand how this comes to $1000. They can reuse the wire and c'mon $1500 for a recable that is seriously OTT.

I have never had a vendor fix something and not mention it if not for their own protection??

Apr 27, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #378 of 626
Actually, I don't like to argue with things like this, but kinda upset when reading some sentence.

Quote:

we also noted that on one of the drive units one of the very fine wire strands, a voice coil wire extending from the interior of the drive unit to the solder pad where connections are made, was formed into a slightly protruded loop and had been kinked.

I really want to see pics of these since it's the real problem not about the original wire and other wire soldering blah blah blah.

Quote:

It is our position that Scott Wasserman's headphones had a defect in place in the form of a malformed voice coil wire, either internally, and/or additionally, externally, on one of the drive units that may have been further deformed or damaged in some manner during the first modification by another person/firm prior to our ever seen the headphones, or that may have been exacerbated by that and/or some other reason, which may include but not be limited to such reasons as playing at excessive sound level or being exposed to DC current in the audio signal being fed to the headphone .

Did you inform him about the defective part? If so, why you didn't fix it, and then put your wire to test how it works? or at least told him you couldn't fix this, and send it back to him because it's defective.

Moreover, interestingly, if you noticed there was something wrong about the voice coil wire, why you still do put your wire esp. for 2 times without testing how it sounds before sending him back?

Quote:

$ 450.00 stock Sony harness install

any explain about this ridiculously price? There's no wire fee, isn't it? how come it could be expensive just removing your wires and putting the stock one instead.

To me, you completely don't have any kind of sincerity to customers. Also, providing customers' name, information, and etc. to third party are inappropriate which the company shouldn't do.

You've kept reading this thread, but no post no explanation just being the whim in your own web site and inform us just nothing new, but totally unacceptable.

Apr 27, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #379 of 626
Boilingfrog, you have done a service to this community by letting us know what kind of customer service is considered acceptable by JL. I for one am not too concerned about the hit to their business. That's an appalling way to run a business and treat customers, and events like this have a way of culling the bad sheep from the herd. It's a necessary action IMO. Mistakes are acceptable, and if JL would have just tried to rectify their mistake this would not have ballooned into the disaster for them that it has.

Furthermore JL's so called reply is on their website only, where no response can be made. Their suggestion that their ability to reply to this thread is hindered by our rules and regulations is pure fiction. They would be allowed to share their side of events without any censorship (other than foul language).
It seems very apparent that they want to control the situation as much as possible, without having to answer any questions.

This just reinforces the opinion of many here that their customer service is blatantly flawed. At this point their situation is due to their own horrible decisions in this situation, and I don't think there is any reason to fell any remorse for JL. I most certainly will never give them any business, and I'll go the extra step of recommending to others to steer clear of them as well.

And in reply to the treatment of Morph201, whether or not he has any relationship to JL is of no consiquence to me. He jumped in with both feet, and his actions have been in direct correlation to his treatment IMO.

Apr 27, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #380 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riboge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You omit that they do reply there. I wonder why. For what it's worth, looking to that site one also reads that they corroborate that the much maligned Morph201 is not even a customer of theirs and quote the email he sent to them inquiring, which makes pretty clear he has no special or actually any relationship with them. They post their entire email response to him thus owning it fully and making clear they have been aware of his posting it and don' t object. They do not attempt to excuse or explain their sending info about a customer including his name and the details of their transactions with him to anyone else much less a stranger.

I believe that the treatment Morph201, for one, has received in this thread is appalling even given the ways he has been coy and withholding herein and even given his bad rep at other discussion sites. The viciousness displayed and then applauded for the prurient entertainment derived by others is sickening to me, however uncool that makes me seem to some. I wish those that this pertains to would take their popcorn to a dogfight or some such or better yet just shove it...

You wonder why?

Did you ever think he probably looked at the website before the reply was made.

As for you believing Morph201's treatment was appalling lets revisit the facts. A supposedly complete stanger emails JL and they give him intimate details of a private transaction including the individuals name. Then this indivdual involves himself in the dispute in JL's behalf, that is absolutely none of his business. I guess we will disagree. I believe Morph201 got just exactly what he asked for.

Regarding this statement ....

I wish those that this pertains to would take their popcorn to a dogfight or some such or better yet just shove it...

When you come off your high horse guess what you can kiss.

funny-pictures-superior-cat-on-hors.jpg

Apr 27, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #382 of 626
From Jena Labs site:

"S. W. [Jena Labs uses the full name here] is very vindictive and has vowed to ruin my reputation."

Holy frick, just holy frick!

Aside from being an ASTOUNDINGLY unprofessional response, that really treads into personal libel territory, seriously.

BoilingFrog, you're taking this well, and folks here support you. But you just may want to look into libel issues especially if this escalates.

Apr 27, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #383 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So wait a second here, im confused...i read both sides and it seems like they were pointing the finger at each other.

So did Jenalabs actually fess up to messing up the R10s?

There is no way that is real, it's just another head-fi user going incognito fanning the flames.
I hope the mods can track his IP and dish out punishment accordingly.
Think about it, why would JL bother to take the time to dedicate a whole webpage about this issue (whether in poor taste or not), and then send a message on the same day that basically comes down to "I spit in your face and there is nothing you can do about it!".

About their actual statement, that story looks concocted also.

1) They admit that the previous modder did not remove the drivers from their housing, so they never had the chance to damage the broken part.
So unless Boilingfrog willfully destroyed his own $6000+ headphones just to spite JL, there is no other person that could've done the awful modding job as depicted on Alex's website.
Kinda like shooting yourself in the foot with that statement.

2) The whole thing reads like "we are the good guys that can't get a break from the evil customer that is blackmailing us, please give us sympathy".
They keep coming back on technicalities like the "intermittent sound" issue over and over as if it is their trump card, but it's really a slight, while they completely ignore and dodge the most important issue that is the main reason people are getting on their back (i.e, headphone wrecked where they are the most likely culprit).
And besides that, their whole story just sounds fake.

Take their fees list for example:

$1,500.00 First JENA Labs harness
$1,300.00 Second, smaller gauge wire, JENA Labs harness
$ 450.00 stock Sony harness install
$ 60.00 duplex outlet [ forgetting about the first set sent]
_$ 226.00 shipping and insurance._
$3,536.00 TOTAL

I don't know about you, but if I send off a pair of extremely expensive headphones off to be modded at an outrageous charge, I would expect top-notch customer service so that I get exactly what I want.

What these guys are saying is basically:

BF:"Hey, my headphones don't sound very good even though I'm paying you $1500 for the modding, what's up!?"
JL:"Oh, no problem, just send them back and we'll fix them for you for another $1300!"

Unless you are so filthy rich that you can throw away money like this, any sane person wouldn't agree to that.
Based on that alone, the story doesn't sound believable at all.
Unless they didn't mention to BF that there would be a $1300 extra charge for the second recable, which is just criminal.

It's also amusing how they are listing the $450 charge to recable back to stock with a straight (internet) face, as if it's perfectly normal and not at all a sign of poor customer service, and even acting as if they are doing BF a favor by lowering the total cost to $1000!
They are extorting their customer to pay for something they botched up just to get the headphones back to their previous condition.
confused.gif

I, for one, don't buy into this at all.

Apr 28, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #384 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You wonder why?

Did you ever think he probably looked at the website before the reply was made.

As for you believing Morph201's treatment was appalling lets revisit the facts. A supposedly complete stanger emails JL and they give him intimate details of a private transaction including the individuals name. Then this indivdual involves himself in the dispute in JL's behalf, that is absolutely none of his business. I guess we will disagree. I believe Morph201 got just exactly what he asked for.

Regarding this statement ....

I wish those that this pertains to would take their popcorn to a dogfight or some such or better yet just shove it...

When you come off your high horse guess what you can kiss.

funny-pictures-superior-cat-on-hors.jpg

First off, it was as much his business as yours. Second, he clearly exercised bad judgment and also underestimated the hair-trigger ill will of such as you. Just how does this give a rational basis for calling him a liar, a shill, etc?

The most pathetic thing is your thinking that if I speak up for maturity, reserving judgment and basic values of our culture until the facts are known and despite being frustrated or impatient getting them that this places me on a "high horse". That means to me your horse is way below any acceptable moral/ethical ground, making any kissing impossible in addition to being totally repugnant.

And then, even if there were a basis for your opinion, how does this make the whole thing acceptably a matter of ghoulish entertainment? The available evidence, as opposed to your thinking that your thinking supplants the need for evidence, is that Morph201 was trying to do a good thing in a stupid way and further undermined by JL Lab's great indiscretion in sending their email (and perhaps more, of course). It could turn out it was worse but there is no evidence, only supposition, indicating that.

Apr 28, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #388 of 626
Regarding my treatment here or any other forum, I could really give two craps.. Like I said earlier, I have, at most, 2 people here that I actually communicate with, type whatever you want, it means nothing to me... I know for a fact 99% of you would not have the balls to say anything to my face...
cool.gif

Apr 28, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #389 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know for a fact 99% of you would not have the balls to say anything to my face...
cool.gif

Fighting words on the internet. Scary.

Apr 28, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #390 of 626
And this is why I don't want to deal with Jena. Had bad experiences in the past as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back