JenaLab recabled R10
Apr 26, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #331 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I just went through 2 bags of popcorn reading this thread. Thanks guys, you all made my day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only 2 bags? You hurry too much, is more fun to read it slowly and savor the moments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been following this thread for 2 days straight now. In addition to that "my cat tore up my VD cable" thread, this thread is the best thing that has happened in this cables forum in recent memory.

This is definitely better than soap opera!
biggrin.gif

I'm begining not to like the taste of popcorn...

But I just had to return to the thread, hoping not to miss the sentencing, or at the least, not the lynching
smily_headphones1.gif

So, I guess we can take Morph201s word, he isn't Jenna, right folks :/

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #332 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by FooTemps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So who wants to take 1 week ban bet on Morph201 never telling us his relation to jenalabs and his real reasoning behind all of this?

I'll take a 1 week ban from head-fi if he says it. Seriously. Wmcmanus, if morph201 admits anything, ban me for a week!

Sounds like fun! I like banning people just for fun. Ask Jahn.
biggrin.gif

No, seriously. We don't play games with banning people based on bets or whatever. It's not something to toy around with or to use as a stick. In fact, Jude very much opposes banning anyone (especially long standing members) unless there are very good reasons to do so. We want people to feel comfortable here, like they're at home and at peace. So I won't take you up on your offer, tempting though it may be from the lighter side of things.

Apr 26, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #333 of 626
Quote:

holy crap am i banned?

That's assuming he's telling the truth
tongue.gif

Apr 26, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #334 of 626
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB
AAAAHHHHhhhhhh!!

..... despite having competing vendors that might not like me or my work I still would not say ill of them or post photos of others’ work on my forum or webpage.

Ken

Quote:

I have to agree.

Not me. I don't agree with this at all.

I do think Ken's post was excellent in every other respect, but I don't agree with the above quoted part of it. Let me explain: I do appreciate what he also said about being essentially a non-combative person. I'm sure that explains his position on this aspect of his post as much as anything. So fair enough.

But here's the rub: I also think that (whether Ken intended it this way or not), what he said above could be read to suggest his disagreement with Alex's decision to post pics of JL's shoddy work. Fine that he wouldn't take this approach himself, and fine that he disagrees that Alex has taken this approach, but if this is what he meant to say, he should have just said it directly.

It's certainly an open issue in terms of whether Alex's approach in this matter (by posting the pics and openly placing the blame on JL) resulted in a net positive or a net negative, all things considered. I think that most of the people who have posted on this thread would vote that being aware of the situation is a good thing, despite the fact that it has caused reputational damage to JL.

At the same time, I can see where anyone who is involved in this sort of business would become a little nervous as a result. All it takes is one major mistake like this and your reputation would be damaged pretty badly and for a long time to come. So from that perspective, I kind of agree with Ken in the sense that he wouldn't want to set out to destroy someone else's reputation any more than he would want someone to attempt to do that to him. That's just a matter of decorum and professional respect.

But I can also see why a friend and someone who has a direct association with JL (such as Ken) would be particularly bothered that it happened to be them on the receiving end of such negative exposure. Accordingly, to the extent that these comments were in any way suggesting that Alex is somehow to blame for any of this... that I don't agree with, as inconvenient as it may be for the parties involved.

I've got a pair of R10's and I've often thought of having them recabled. If/when ever I get my SDS-XRL, I may just do that. As much as I appreciate the fact that what happened to this pair is not likely to ever happen again to any other pair (i.e., lesson learned, so much less risk of a recurrence at this point), I'd still steer clear of JL at this point based on what I've read here. Thus, as an R10 owner, I do find this thread quite informative and regard Alex's decision to write up the expose' as a net positive.

And finally... I've probably made much too much of Ken's comments about this, but since we're analyzing everything to death anyway, adding one more layer shouldn't hurt too much. Ken's an awesome guy, by the way, and so is Alex by all accounts (although I've yet to meet him).

Apr 26, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #336 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not me. I don't agree with this at all.

I do think Ken's post was excellent in every other respect, but I don't agree with the above quoted part of it. Let me explain: I do appreciate what he also said about being essentially a non-combative person. I'm sure that explains his position on this aspect of his post as much as anything. So fair enough.

But here's the rub: I also think that (whether Ken intended it this way or not), what he said above could be read to suggest his disagreement with Alex's decision to post pics of JL's shoddy work. Fine that he wouldn't take this approach himself, and fine that he disagrees that Alex has taken this approach, but if this is what he meant to say, he should have just said it directly.

It's certainly an open issue in terms of whether Alex's approach in this matter (by posting the pics and openly placing the blame on JL) resulted in a net positive or a net negative, all things considered. I think that most of the people who have posted on this thread would vote that being aware of the situation is a good thing, despite the fact that it has caused reputational damage to JL.

At the same time, I can see where anyone who is involved in this sort of business would become a little nervous as a result. All it takes is one major mistake like this and your reputation would be damaged pretty badly and for a long time to come. So from that perspective, I kind of agree with Ken in the sense that he wouldn't want to set out to destroy someone else's reputation any more than he would want someone to attempt to do that to him. That's just a matter of decorum and professional respect.

But I can also see why a friend and someone who has a direct association with JL (such as Ken) would be particularly bothered that it happened to be them on the receiving end of such negative exposure. Accordingly, to the extent that these comments were in any way suggesting that Alex is somehow to blame for any of this... that I don't agree with, as inconvenient as it may be for the parties involved.

I've got a pair of R10's and I've often thought of having them recabled. If/when ever I get my SDS-XRL, I may just do that. As much as I appreciate the fact that what happened to this pair is not likely to ever happen again to any other pair (i.e., lesson learned, so much less risk of a recurrence at this point), I'd still steer clear of JL at this point based on what I've read here. Thus, as an R10 owner, I do find this thread quite informative and regard Alex's decision to write up the expose' as a net positive.

And finally... I've probably made much too much of Ken's comments about this, but since we're analyzing everything to death anyway, adding one more layer shouldn't hurt too much. Ken's an awesome guy, by the way, and so is Alex by all accounts (although I've yet to meet him).

Ken is a hypocrite..He posted pics of Mikals shoddy work didn't he.. & playing the victim.. So Alex doesn't like him cause a customer asked him to fix his R10's that Jlabs ruined.. & he proved pics of the car wreck.

Apr 26, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #337 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All it takes is one major mistake like this and your reputation would be damaged pretty badly and for a long time to come.

Personally I don't think it's so much the mistake they made but how they handled it.

My personal opinion of JL is they are greedy and out to make as much money as possible.

Apr 26, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #338 of 626
Quote:

holy crap am i banned?

I am going to put you on my ignore list for one full week, that should teach you not to bet and loose.
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #339 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken is a hypocrite..He posted pics of Mikals shoddy work didn't he.. & playing the victim.. So Alex doesn't like him cause a customer asked him to fix his R10's that Jlabs ruined.. & he proved pics of the car wreck.

Oh goodie someone else to crucify, seeing that Morph201 came clean.

Headfi....Drama...Rhetoric...Blame...Witchhunts... Incrimination...Accusations...Name Calling...Hidden Shills...Semantics...Opinions

Apr 26, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #340 of 626
Quote:

This is definitely better than soap opera!
biggrin.gif

See the next episode of:

"The JL Crucifiction (...benefits to come...)"

here in your new entertainment channel "Head-fi" ...
rolleyes.gif

Apr 26, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #341 of 626
Quote:

Ken is a hypocrite..He posted pics of Mikals shoddy work didn't he...

Maybe not Ken Ball but at least one other who has posted in this thread has posted pictures on his website of shoddy work of others.

Apr 27, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #342 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh goodie someone else to crucify, seeing that Morph201 came clean.

From where I stand he didn't come clean, he's just trying to salvage some part of his reputation. I'm still curious how he acquired his information from Jena Labs.

Apr 27, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #343 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're just plain wrong about Ken posting any pics, KBI. Jena Labs posted those pics on its website and Ken Ball/ALO are not part of Jena Labs or really related to them other than the fact that Ken uses their cable for his cables and headphones. He has not posted any pics of Mikhail's anything. I don't agree that it is shoddy, btw, and BoilingFrog was expressly informed of his methodology. Indeed, BF did not complain about Mikhail's work, he just wanted to go from balanced back to single-ended and got interested in Jena Labs' alleged expertise in re-cabling R10s.

As for the second sentence of your post, I cannot understand it so I am not sure what you are saying or about whom. Ken was clear in his post that he wasn't faulting Alex but stated he would not do it. IO personally agree with Wayne's take on that position, but I am amazed at how hard it is for people to separate Ken and ALO out of this issue because they literally have nothing to do with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From where I stand he didn't come clean, he's just trying to salvage some part of his reputation. I'm still curious how he acquired his information from Jena Labs.

Agreed, and I am curious too, but he is such a lost cause I couldn't really care less about morph201's connection or lack of it at this point. It is still shameful that Jena Labs has not stepped up at all to at least state its take on all this. Heck, BF isn't even looking for anything from them any more, so it is merely their reputation that they have to think about now.

Apr 27, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #344 of 626
Come on, deep down in your heart, you have to admit this sort of stuff is kind of fun, better than some of the sitcoms I regularly watch on cable.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See the next episode of:

"The JL Crucifiction (...benefits to come...)"

here in your new entertainment channel "Head-fi" ...
rolleyes.gif

Apr 27, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #345 of 626
Quote:

Come on, deep down in your heart, you have to admit this sort of stuff is kind of fun, better than some of the sitcoms I regularly watch on cable.
biggrin.gif

I'd rather follow the drama unfolding in the Celtics vs. Hawks playoffs, up 2-0 and tied at the half of game 3
wink.gif
The series is about as predetermined with certainty for this Celtics fan as is the one sidedness of the facts in the case here, yet still of greater entertainment value for one side going to be slaughtered for their lack of skills
wink.gif

Beat 'em good~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back