JenaLab recabled R10
Apr 26, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #316 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know why anyone would send R10s anywhere but Sony to be recabled with the stock cable, but that's just me.

I had mine recabled to go balanced, which did improve them abit. Some people DO know how to recable R10, though all are leary of the expensive risk and most won't hazard it. This is part of why the price is higher than for other recables.

Mikhail did it. He did not leave short wires that he soldered the new cable to. He was able to remove the driver in my case, so did it in the best way. He tells me he always tries do this first, but if he can't safely remove the driver he resorts to leaving the shortest possible wire to solder to. Clearly reports that he alway cuts and solders are inaccurate and typical of the unfounded assertions and opinions rampant in this thread from all sides.

Apr 26, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #317 of 626
Boilingfrog made two calm and well-articulated posts stating his side of things, named respected vendors, with whom he's worked for years, as references, and has Alex's pics and well-articulated documentation to back his side up. Though it's fair to speculate Alex may have some something to gain from posting what he found, that gain is minimal compared to the risk he took of exposing shoddy workmanship from a well-established company, especially if not true. I don't think he made the decision to speak out lightly. I also see nothing wrong in documenting his skills at a difficult repair on his own website, no matter who did the damage, as it is his business to do so. Boilingfrog's only motivation seems to be to save others from a similar fate.

All we know from JenaLabs is that they were willing to send a rambling, hole-filled email about a customer dispute to a supposedly uninvolved third party, morph201, denying responsibility for everything, including the repairs they admitted doing. This disinterested third party, morph201, then posted the email up on this site, with or without permission, then rambled on himself in numerous posts of a similar style to the email in that he admitted involvement when it served him, denied it when it didn't serve him, and launched accusations towards others for all sorts of random things. Questions remain of why JenaLabs would send such an email to anyone not involved, let alone morph201, and why morph201 would be privy to this information only a couple hours after this thread started, if he is as truly disinterested as he claims. Since morph201 has dodged answering any inquiries, we'll never know, but I personally no longer need this answer.

If anyone wants to withhold judgment about who is to blame for the R10 damage, that is fair enough, but the manner in which each side chose to handle the situation, and the persons with whom they chose align in order to tell their side of the story, speaks volumes about who they are as people in general, as well as to their credibility and trustworthiness in business transactions. That's all I need to know.

As for this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boomana: I'm not exactly sure what you're issue is with me (???)... I'm not sure what I've done to make you so hostile towards me. Get to know me, you might find out that I'm a decent person.
wink.gif

Since you can't seriously be posing that question to me, it can only be read as an appeal to a wider audience and as a ruse make readers think I'm some bad bully who is picking on you, a nice guy who can't get a break. All I've done is post my opinion in this thread about your strange involvement in the matter, as others have done even more aggressively, and respond publicly to a rather nasty and uncalled for pm you, Mr. Decent Person, sent me, not the other way around. And since your post was intended to rally others to your side and paint yourself as an innocent, please recall that many members reading this thread also remember well your posts from other threads and sites. A specific one jumps to mind in which you told me to get back in the kitchen and make you a sammich, which, as I recall, was unrelated to the topic at hand. Why would I want to get to know you more? You've showed me all I want to know.

Apr 26, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #318 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone wants to withhold judgment about who is to blame for the R10 damage, that is fair enough, but the manner in which each side chose to handle the situation, and the persons with whom they chose align in order to tell their side of the story, speaks volumes about who they are as people in general, as well as to their credibility and trustworthiness in business transactions. That's all I need to know.

As for this:

Since you can't seriously be posing that question to me, it can only be read as an appeal to a wider audience and as a ruse make readers think I'm some bad bully who is picking on you, a nice guy who can't get a break. All I've done is post my opinion in this thread about your strange involvement in the matter, as others have done even more aggressively, and respond publicly to a rather nasty and uncalled for pm you, Mr. Decent Person, sent me, not the other way around. And since your post was intended to rally others to your side and paint yourself as an innocent, please recall that many members reading this thread also remember well your posts from other threads and sites. A specific one jumps to mind in which you told me to get back in the kitchen and make you a sammich, which, as I recall, was unrelated to the topic at hand. Why would I want to get to know you more? You've showed me all I want to know.

At the risk of breathing new life into this thread, I NEVER aligned myself with a "side", granted I played devil's advocate at certain points because NO, I don't take ANYTHING at face value. And I deemed it VERY appropos that we hear both sides as is done in most courts in the free world.

Yes, it is a very serious allegation to state Jena Labs of shoddy work, given their history and reputation. So, we would need to hear from them in order to see if there are in fact any holes in the story.

Examine any of my posts and you will NOT see me "defending" JL, but asking to hear both sides. Very simple concept, no?

I am far from innocent, I agree. But, I find it somewhat comical that people felt it was OK to vent their frustrations out on me, so be it.. I can take the heat, and much more.

Boomana: I believe you to be much more intelligent than that, you know 95% of what I said to you was in jest, let's be for real, this is but a microcosm of the real world, nothing to lose one's cool over. Now as far as BoilingFrog, he has every right to make it known what he went through in order to educate any future customers.

Soo, I guess this means no "samich"
wink.gif
Laugh a little!

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #319 of 626
Morph201, you are still skirting the issue.

Here is the question again:

Do you have any affiliation with Jenalabs?

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #322 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As boomana already pointed out, does it matter what the answer is at this point. Would anyone give any credence if he now came back and said he has not involvement. I know that I wouldn't. It's unfortunate that he didn't address this straight on when it was first asked. His failure to respond speaks volumes.

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #323 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As boomana already pointed out, does it matter what the answer is at this point. Would anyone give any credence if he now came back and said he has not involvement. I know that I wouldn't. It's unfortunate that he didn't address this straight on when it was first asked. His failure to respond speaks volumes.

Couldn't agree more.
wink.gif

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #324 of 626
Quote:

At the risk of breathing new life into this thread, I NEVER aligned myself with a "side", granted I played devil's advocate at certain points because NO, I don't take ANYTHING at face value. And I deemed it VERY appropos that we hear both sides as is done in most courts in the free world.

I was concerned with JenaLab's choice to align themselves with you, which speaks to their judgment.

Quote:

Yes, it is a very serious allegation to state Jena Labs of shoddy work, given their history and reputation. So, we would need to hear from them in order to see if there are in fact any holes in the story.

But we did hear from them. They chose to email you their side. You chose to post it, with or without permission. By this time, I'm sure they know about this thread, so unless Jena has something to add, it's safe to assume that that's their statement, and it's full of holes.

Quote:

Examine any of my posts and you will NOT see me "defending" JL, but asking to hear both sides. Very simple concept, no?

It is a simple concept, but your posts reveal you are far from impartial.

Quote:

I am far from innocent, I agree. But, I find it somewhat comical that people felt it was OK to vent their frustrations out on me, so be it.. I can take the heat, and much more.

This victim stance you play is getting tiresome.

Quote:

Boomana: I believe you to be much more intelligent than that, you know 95% of what I said to you was in jest, let's be for real, this is but a microcosm of the real world, nothing to lose one's cool over. Now as far as BoilingFrog, he has every right to make it known what he went through in order to educate any future customers.

Soo, I guess this means no "samich"
wink.gif
Laugh a little!

No one has lost their cool, so why try to spin it that way? That's just another way to play the victim card, but it doesn't work around here. What's for real is that you've revealed a continued lack of judgment that extends to your sense of humor as well. Adios.

EDIT: I was trying to think what your comments reminded me of, and then it came to me: When I taught middle school, the kids would say all sorts of nasty things to each other and when called out on it, they always said, "I was just joking." No one believed the "just joking" statements because even kids are smart enough understand what's real and what's not. Why bring middle school tactics to this forum? It doesn't even work there, and it sure won't work here.

Apr 26, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #325 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No affiliation, whatsoever. Just a concerned customer.

Apr 26, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #326 of 626
Wow, I just went through 2 bags of popcorn reading this thread. Thanks guys, you all made my day!

Apr 26, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #327 of 626
Quote:

No affiliation, whatsoever. Just a concerned customer.

Then i have two questions for you:
1. WHY would Jenalabs send you the email, and did they authorize/request that you post this email?

2. Since you are only a concerned customer playing devils advocate, would you, after reading and hearing and seeing both sides of the story, send a pair of R10's to Jenalabs or consider a different competitor? And if so, which one?

Apr 26, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #328 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I just went through 2 bags of popcorn reading this thread. Thanks guys, you all made my day!

Only 2 bags? You hurry too much, is more fun to read it slowly and savor the moments.

Apr 26, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #329 of 626
I've been following this thread for 2 days straight now. In addition to that "my cat tore up my VD cable" thread, this thread is the best thing that has happened in this cables forum in recent memory.

This is definitely better than soap opera!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only 2 bags? You hurry too much, is more fun to read it slowly and savor the moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back