JenaLab recabled R10
Apr 25, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #271 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Contrary to what most may think, I was not trying to "stir" anything up, I merely wanted to view both sides with an objective eye. I'm not trying to prove a point one way or the other, reread most of my posts. I admit, some of the silly things that were said did get to me, for a minute, but calmer heads usually prevail and at this point people are going to think whatever they want due to their own biases. If I did JL an injustice by trying to present their side, then I apologize, I take full responsibility for that.

I already expressed my view regarding BoilingFrogs situation.

Boomana: I'm not exactly sure what you're issue is with me (???)... I'm not sure what I've done to make you so hostile towards me. Get to know me, you might find out that I'm a decent person.
wink.gif

I think that many members that have posted relative to your position in this thread did so because you came out on JL side when you took the position that people should be open minded. You contacted JL for some reason but didn't contact the OP. JL then sends you, a presumably disinterested party, a long email about the situation. I'm sorry, but like others, I find that to be more than just suspicious. I find it difficult to believe a company, like JL, with a difficult public relations problem would send that email to a disinterested third party. Again, presumably, you had nothing to do with this transaction. The position you have taken in this thread taken together with the email from JL creates an appearance of a relationship with JL that taints anything you say in their support.

Apr 25, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #273 of 626
So who wants to take 1 week ban bet on Morph201 never telling us his relation to jenalabs and his real reasoning behind all of this?

I'll take a 1 week ban from head-fi if he says it. Seriously. Wmcmanus, if morph201 admits anything, ban me for a week!

Apr 25, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #274 of 626
Isn't this horse dead yet?

(BTW, I do only mean about Morph,; So far as JL, well, pile on~)lol

Apr 25, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #276 of 626
my current speculative read on jenalabs is they are willing to write off the entire headphone community and completely ignore the situation because our little sect and the even smaller exclusive r10 owners that might consider a re-cable job and potentially choose them represents such a minuscule piece of their business it just isn't worth it to them. if this debacle spread to say audiogon, audioasylum, stevehoffman, etc., and any one of those sites allowed it to remain indefinitely or gave the outward appearance it would then it is likely jenalabs might step up and say something. yet if it's anything like their email they would just continue to dig their own grave.

Apr 25, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #277 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by PITTM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thread cliff notes:

-jenalabs ruins headphones, claims that cabling(read:ruining your headphones) costs $4500 dollars.

-alex fixes said headphones and does a great job, presumably for far far less than $4500 dollars.

-customer asks alex to post what he saw and what he fixed.

-morph becomes the most obvious shill in the history of the universe, says things like "lets just say...(insert something cryptic here):eyeroll:" and expects us to think he isnt trying to be sly and skirt this issue.

-Morph then posts email from Jenalabs about what happened, further ruining Jenalabs credibility.(could you see someone like ray samuels sending some random person an email about another customer to post on head-fi? never in a million years.)

-markl seems to decide that a customer asking alex to post something on his website and someone else reposting it here is eye rollingly whoring for business.(hint:no.) someone calls markl a troll and is 100% spot on. (note: even if that wasnt what markl meant, it came off that way and there was no reason to make that post at all either way).

-morph tells us to use logic, says he will tell us his relationship with JL, then rambles for multiple paragraphs, none of which have anything to do with his relationship with JL...or logic.

-a cat could fix your headphones better than jenalabs.

did i miss anything? (cue "some user makes crappy cliff notes" addition)

Missed one thing:

Ken of AOL writes a HUGE post extolling the virtues of the the very pair pair of cans that Jena screwed up. Their poor sound quality was obviously noticeable to Alex yet inspired Ken to do this

Apr 25, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #278 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrosenth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken of AOL writes a HUGE post extolling the virtues of the the very pair pair of cans that Jena screwed up. Their poor sound quality was obviously noticeable to Alex yet inspired Ken to do this

Strange huh? See, 2+2 doesn't equal 5.... There are a lot of questions and holes in this, KB has a sterling reputation here, and I doubt he would perpetrate a fraud... highly doubt it.

Apr 25, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #279 of 626
Quote:

Strange huh? See, 2+2 doesn't equal 5.... There are a lot of questions and holes in this, KB has a sterling reputation here, and I doubt he would perpetrate a fraud... highly doubt it.

How many times are you going to "leave" before actually doing it?

Apr 26, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #281 of 626
Quote:

Here's my take on that:

Ken thinks said headphones sound great

Alex and their owner think they sound like doo doo

Alex opens them up and behold they are all messed up and judging from the pictures they look like they sound like doo doo

Maybe Ken just hadn't heard the stock cans to compare them to?

-

edit - just read Ken's monster post on it and I think he mentioned he compared them to the stock there

Apr 26, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #282 of 626
Quote:

Missed one thing:

Leads me to seriously question even more so, this whole "Night & Day" difference any cable makes, to any phone!

Apr 26, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #283 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe the dilithium crystals still had a charge, before they felt the polarity needed to be reversed...

LOL! Trekkie are we? Hope your not living in your parents basement still...
tongue.gif

(kidding of course)

Apr 26, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #284 of 626
Quote:

Here's my take on that:

Ken thinks said headphones sound great

Alex and their owner think they sound like doo doo

Alex opens them up and behold they are all messed up and judging from the pictures they look like they sound like doo doo

Maybe Ken just hadn't heard the stock cans to compare them to?

-

edit - just read Ken's monster post on it and I think he mentioned he compared them to the stock there

Bingo! Ken has A LOT of experience regarding headphones and recable jobs, dont think he would make a newbie mistake like that!

Ironic, one of the MOTs on this site (won't mention names) that soooo revered and at least TWO cables I purchased from him had channel dropouts! Both interconnects AND headphone cable! Wonder how shoddy his soldering was!

I also find it ironic how you guys b****h and b***h about their cable prices and how it's all done with pixie dust! So, who do we go after next? Nordost? TARA Labs? Stealth Indra makers? Sheesh!

Apr 26, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #285 of 626
Quote:

Bingo! Ken has A LOT of experience regarding headphones and recable jobs, dont think he would make a newbie mistake like that!

Honestly? I don't know. But that's a great question.

Quote:

Ironic, one of the MOTs on this site (won't mention names) that soooo revered and at least TWO cables I purchased from him had channel dropouts! Both interconnects AND headphone cable! Wonder how shoddy his soldering was!

Um, wow. Just, wow.

Quote:

I also find it ironic how you guys b****h and b***h about their cable prices and how it's all done with pixie dust! So, who do we go after next? Nordost? TARA Labs? Stealth Indra makers? Sheesh!

If one of them butchered a can like that and treated a customer like that and, ehm, presumably send out the account via email to an "unrelated 3rd party," then, yah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back