Jecklin Float Owners Headcount - fuglyphones owners unite
Apr 3, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #61 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faust2D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My wife finds them sexy
cool.gif

Yeah, see? "Wife." "Never getting laid." I rest my case.

Tim

May 1, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #66 of 175
yeah. really expensive, though.

May 1, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #67 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah. really expensive, though.

They're twice the price I paid for my pair on ebay.de, but that was some time ago, before we plastered the internet with easily-googleable praises of these phones. Still, that pair is a little beat-up, I'd maybe send a message to the seller offering 50 euros for them, and bargain from there if he bites. They tend to come up on ebay.de a few times a year, so another chance would come eventually. But yes, let's keep the MB as the prettiest and cheapest of the floats.

May 2, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #70 of 175
Proud Owner of Jecklin Float Model 2s since 1990, but there's no way I'm showing a photo of me wearing them....My float's have however been photographed. A friend of mine did a story in one of those True Confessions type of magazines in the mid 90's entitled "The punk and the princess". Gist of the story was that he liked Dead kennedys, she liked Abba and how to maintain domestic bliss how they wore headphones to listen to their respective choices. The phot with the article showed her in pink wearing AKG141s and him, wearing black wearing....my Jecklin Float 2s!!!

Giles

May 2, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #71 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjarnetv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, my ebay skills must be trash; i cant find the auction. :p

MB Quart Phone 85 w Jecklin Float Kult Design *Ratität* bei eBay.de: Sonstige (endet 11.05.08 22:18:54 MESZ)

Note that the seller is requesting a bank transfer. International bank transfer rates in the US float around $25-$35. these are too big to ship as an air-mail packet, so will have to ship as a parcel, at a rate of probably $30 or more to the USA.

So, it comes out in the neighborhood of $180-$190 all-inclusive to ship to the US. It's not a terrible deal if you live in europe, but not a great deal either.

May 10, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #72 of 175
i know most float owners would never dare venture outside with them, but you really should try it!
for some reason, the stupendously large soundstage works twice as good when outside, and its sounds like you have a soudtrack to your life; not like you are listening to headphones.
i have never experienced another headphone that sounds so good for portable use... now to find a way to bring my sigmas outside
tongue.gif

naturjj5.jpg

May 10, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #73 of 175
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjarnetv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i know most float owners would never dare venture outside with them, but you really should try it!
for some reason, the stupendously large soundstage works twice as good when outside, and its sounds like you have a soudtrack to your life; not like you are listening to headphones.
i have never experienced another headphone that sounds so good for portable use... now to find a way to bring my sigmas outside
tongue.gif

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7227/naturjj5.jpg

Great view you have there, is this outside of your house?

May 10, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #74 of 175
not really my house, since i only rent a room in the cellar;
the house next door is abandoned, but has a nice lawn relaxation
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back