JDSLabs C421 or Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4 for Etymotic ER-4s on cellphone.
Oct 8, 2012 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JohanJ

New Head-Fier
Hi.

Long time reader, first time poster.

It's obvious that my Galaxy Nexus phone is not doing my Etymotic ER-4s justice so I'm thinking about getting a portable amp.

As far as I know no one is able to do USB audio on the Galaxy Nexus just yet, but that might change. I also have a Nexus 7 that I sometimes use for mobile listening which made me think an DAC+Amp might be a good idea. If so, would a external DAC give a significant improvement in sound quality compared to the build in DAC in the Galaxy Nexus & Nexus 7?

The amp would be powering my Etymotics most of the time but I'd probably use it with my Ultrasone PRO900's aswell for home listening, don't know if this has any impact on which amp/dac to get.

I've read a few comparisons in the forums and the c421 and AHA-4 seem to be equally good, with a slight advantage to the c421. So my first option would be the c421 if it wasn't for the built in DAC in the AHA-4. If the DAC does make an improvement I guess the AHA-4 would be the one to get..?

So, does anyone have any input on which amp to go for?

I usually listen on medium volume and the music could be anything from classical to rock to pop to techno.

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 2
I only have the C421 and I love it, also the customer service is the best there is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back