JDS Labs C5D Headphone Amp + DAC
Jul 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #49 of 68
Can you use your C5D from a desktop/laptop without wearing out the battery (i.e., will usb power constantly charge the battery, or is there a bypass circuit built in so that the battery stops charging at 100%) and then having it ready to go when you unplug for travel?

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #50 of 68
  Can you use your C5D from a desktop/laptop without wearing out the battery (i.e., will usb power constantly charge the battery, or is there a bypass circuit built in so that the battery stops charging at 100%) and then having it ready to go when you unplug for travel?

I'd also like to know :)

Aug 2, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #51 of 68
http://www.head-fi.org/t/647838/jds-labs-c5-c5d-pg96-portable-amp-amp-dac-appreciation-discussion-thread

Quote:
  Can you use your C5D from a desktop/laptop without wearing out the battery (i.e., will usb power constantly charge the battery, or is there a bypass circuit built in so that the battery stops charging at 100%) and then having it ready to go when you unplug for travel

Yes, battery stops charging.  See link above

Aug 20, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #52 of 68
Really great and comprehensive review JS, thanks for taking the time! I found your entry right as I was trying to understand the first problem you pointed out - how to connect an iOS7 device to the C5D without having 26 feet of wire and connectors sticking out all over the place. It appears you've handily dealt with the issue, which was my last reservation with snapping up a new C5D. Of course, your reports on the sound and the performance with various cans was also quite helpful as well. 

Just wanted to give out a big thanks for your work - very well done! 

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #54 of 68
If you can get your hands on an armorskin from speck for iPod classics gen 5-7 it fits like as glove and has a low profile under you iphone or iPod. I will dig up a picture. But I posted one in the show your portable rig thread.

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #55 of 68
I put mine in a small case designed for a hard drive. I think its case logic brand. The c5d goes on one side and I put my iem's on the other side. Nice way to transport back and forth to work.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #57 of 68
The Acme made Fillmore Hard Case 100 is a nice snug fit around the C5D--perfect in my opinion, but with no room for cables, adaptors, etc. It's also a very nice case. It's what I used for my C5D.

Thanks! The colors are not my favorite, I'll wait and see if there are better options out there. Otherwise this will work. Cheap too!

-sheldon

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #58 of 68
If you can get your hands on an armorskin from speck for iPod classics gen 5-7 it fits like as glove and has a low profile under you iphone or iPod. I will dig up a picture. But I posted one in the show your portable rig thread.

I'd love to find one of these, not seeing them anywhere in that size though :'(

-sheldon

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #60 of 68
[/IMG][/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back