JDS Labs ATOM Amp
May 25, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #616 of 641
Due to the AKM chip shortage JDS is using the ESS ES9018K2M chip in the Atom DAC+, and it measures great for a $109 unit, and will stack nicely with the Atom Amp.
If I didn't already have too many DACs, I would pick one of these up to try out.

May 28, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #619 of 641
May 29, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #623 of 641
What cable do I need to connect the balanced out of Khadas tone 2 pro to the Atom?
960x0.jpg
All you need are good old RCA cables to hook it to the Atom, the outs are able to run balanced or single ended. If you want to connect the Khadas to a balanced amp with XLR inputs, you need the special cables from Khadas.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #626 of 641
Quick dumb question:
1) I'm an idiot and mistakenly plugged my new JDS Labs Atom DAC+ RCA cables into Atom Amp's Output instead of Input, the source was my PC USB cable to DAC+. Took me a while to figure out why I couldn't get any sound and found out I didn't plug it into input like I was supposed to.
Could I have caused any damage by doing that? Thanks in advance!
2) Is it normal for the power adapters to be warm even when I have my dac+ and amp off? Should I turn off the surge protector that they're connected to after I'm done for the night?
3) Anyone try out the tube-like firmware?

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #628 of 641
Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #629 of 641
What I'm wondering about is this:
Extra weights are still free upon request.
What weights? Are they something that goes inside the amp (or DAC), and if so, is it something we can do ourselves? Can we send the Atom back to JDS to have them fitted? I don't see them on the website.

The weight of the stack is one of my very few, very minor complaints about the Atoms. I'd love it if it were an easy fix.

Jul 3, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #630 of 641
What I'm wondering about is this:

What weights? Are they something that goes inside the amp (or DAC), and if so, is it something we can do ourselves? Can we send the Atom back to JDS to have them fitted? I don't see them on the website.

The weight of the stack is one of my very few, very minor complaints about the Atoms. I'd love it if it were an easy fix.
They're adhesive backed wheel balancing weights. You can see them in the corners of the case in this photo.

index.php

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back