Jazz Recommendations from this Century
May 4, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #348 of 411
Seems like I can't quote anybody at the moment but hopefully these bugs will get fixed before too long. The missing search function is a bit more important.

Gregory Porter made for a fun drive home after work. Great voice. Pure. Never heard of the guy until yesterday. Good recommendation.

May 4, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #349 of 411
Seems like I can't quote anybody at the moment but hopefully these bugs will get fixed before too long. The missing search function is a bit more important.

Gregory Porter made for a fun drive home after work. Great voice. Pure. Never heard of the guy until yesterday. Good recommendation.
To quote you have to first click "Quote" and then click "Reply". Strange but true. I don't know how I ever figured out that quirk. Now if someone can discover a way to search! Porter is great.

May 4, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #350 of 411
To quote you have to first click "Quote" and then click "Reply". Strange but true. I don't know how I ever figured out that quirk. Now if someone can discover a way to search! Porter is great.

I just select Reply and the Quote is inserted for me. I use + Quote if I want to Quote multiple posts in a single Reply and then use "Insert Quotes..." button below the Reply to insert them...

The advanced search can be found here. Sadly searching within individual threads is not yet implemented, but they are working on it and it will get here eventually.

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #351 of 411
I just select Reply and the Quote is inserted for me. I use + Quote if I want to Quote multiple posts in a single Reply and then use "Insert Quotes..." button below the Reply to insert them...

The advanced search can be found here. Sadly searching within individual threads is not yet implemented, but they are working on it and it will get here eventually.
Now that you say it, it works. Definitely didn't the last I selected Reply only. Maybe different on desktop vs phone or different browsers or just changing? Thanks for the advanced search option. That should help.

Jazz rocks.

May 4, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #352 of 411
Here's one that caught my 'ears'. A nice and mellow listen. Featuring Matt Penman the bassist from James Farm.

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 7.17.03 AM.png

May 4, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #353 of 411
Here's one that caught my 'ears'. A nice and mellow listen. Featuring Matt Penman the bassist from James Farm.

Interesting. I heard Penman a few times live, subtle rhythms and full, warm sound.

May 5, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #355 of 411
"The Dreamer is the Dream" has been one of my most listened to recent purchases, four musicians at the top of their game. I've heard three of them (Chris Potter, David Virelles, Marcus Gilmore) live with other ensembles before, but never together. The track below is especially good, with great signature percussive piano by David VIrelles,

May 6, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #359 of 411
Thanks all for all the great suggestions, keep em coming...

Here is another one from tenor saxophonist JD Allen. The album Americana is great with strong elements of blues but it is also jazz at its most stripped-down and powerful.

May 8, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #360 of 411
Not only is this album "this century" Jazz, the musician was born this century! And you'd never know it by listening.

Just found out he's 14 years old and born in Denpasar, Bali. Wow.

I checked him out on this youtube link:

Going home to have a good listen to his album tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back