Jays T-Jays Three review
Jul 28, 2010 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

DigDub

Headphoneus Supremus

i got these for $168 singapore dollars.

Packaging - It has the the most accessories out of the 3 models of t-jays. it has 6 pairs of sleeves of different sizes. It also comes with an airline adapter and a splitter. There is also an extension cord. Everything is packed in a stylish pull-out box.

Build - The wires that the earphones are attached to is about 0.6m long and is a Y-cord. The wires are standard consumer grade, i.e. pretty thin. The earphones itself has a rubbery feeling to it, not the smooth plastic that are found on most other phones. This makes it easier to grip the buds for insertion and taking out since they sit pretty flat inside the ears.

The buds itself sits flat in the ear when worn, sleeping in them should not be a problem. They are extremely comfortable and light.

Sound Quality -

Treble is present and clear. It sounds pretty crisp. Neither too forward nor absent. Sibilance can be heard in only in the extremes, I'd imagine it wouldn't be a problem for most people. The highs are not analytical like the etymotics or any armature that tends towards an analytical sound.

Mids are pretty good as well. Vocals blends well into the music and does not stand out like other mid-centric phones.

Bass extends fairly deep. Bass details are average. The bass sounds a tad boomy.

Soundstage is average. There is discernible left right sense of space, but its not very "3 dimensional".

Conclusion - I'd say the t-jay three are ok for the price. There are other phones out there which are cheaper and has better sound quality (subjective), such as the hifiman re0. But if good sound and extreme comfort if your priority, I think you wouldn't go wrong with the t-jays three.

Jul 28, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #2 of 21
I demo'ed both the t-JAYS Two and Three a few weeks ago and ended up getting the Two instead of the Three. Two is more balanced overall (which is what I prefer) compared to the warmer, more mid centric Three. Interesting enough that I find it to be opposite on a-JAYS (a-JAYS Two being more mid-centric while Three is mroe balanced), though both are pretty decent.

Jul 28, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #5 of 21
Nice review of the t jays ,thanks
regular_smile .gif

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 21

Quote:
I demo'ed both the t-JAYS Two and Three a few weeks ago and ended up getting the Two instead of the Three. Two is more balanced overall (which is what I prefer) compared to the warmer, more mid centric Three. Interesting enough that I find it to be opposite on a-JAYS (a-JAYS Two being more mid-centric while Three is mroe balanced), though both are pretty decent.

hmm... i did find the t-jays two to sound more muffled while the t-jays three sounded less restrained.

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #7 of 21

Quote:

hmm... i did find the t-jays two to sound more muffled while the t-jays three sounded less restrained.

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #8 of 21

Quote:
Finally a review of t-jays three, nice. :D Correct me if I'm wrong but t-jays three are direct competitor of senns ie7. I'd love to read comparision of these two.

the t-jays three are in a different price bracket from the ie7. over where i stay, one ie7 can buy about 3 t-jays threes. i think the similarity is in the design of the bud shells, however it has been a long time since i've heard the ie7, so i can't really make a direct sound quality comparison now.

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #9 of 21
Interesting that I feel just the opposite. Well this give me a reason to go down to the store for another demo, which is always a fun thing to do :D

Quote:
hmm... i did find the t-jays two to sound more muffled while the t-jays three sounded less restrained

Jul 29, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #10 of 21
Any chance of a review of a-jays vs t-jays  coming up?  These budget earphones have me interested, especially the three's (the case is also really nice).  I'm in the position to upgrade and im willing to wait for these reviews.

Cnet has a-jays three review up but I tend to read theirs with a grain of salt.

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #11 of 21
There are three models of a-JAYS and three of t-JAYS, a six ways shootout will be massive. I do however have a-JAYS Two, Three and t-JAY Two with me now and will review them later next month, but I can tell you now that t-JAYS is simply better, as intended by JAYS of course.

Jul 30, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #12 of 21

Quote:
There are three models of a-JAYS and three of t-JAYS, a six ways shootout will be massive. I do however have a-JAYS Two, Three and t-JAY Two with me now and will review them later next month, but I can tell you now that t-JAYS is simply better, as intended by JAYS of course.

I hope t-JAYS is better than a-JAYS, they have different price range. What about t-JAYS two compared with q-JAYS?

Jul 30, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #13 of 21
Interesting.  I like the style of the a-jays better than the t-jays.

Is it safe to follow Jays' own descriptions of their new earphones? http://www.jays.se/products/general/overview.html  Like if it says balanced, will it really be balanced?

Aug 4, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #14 of 21

Quote:

Conclusion - I'd say the t-jay three are ok for the price. There are other phones out there which are cheaper and has better sound quality (subjective), such as the hifiman re0. But if good sound and extreme comfort if your priority, I think you wouldn't go wrong with the t-jays three.

Do you wear it the normal ear bud way or the over the ear style ?

Thanks

Aug 4, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #15 of 21
t-JAYS is definitely better than a-JAYS . I do feel q-JAYS is better than t-JAYS, but not by a lot. Consider that q-JAYS is a pretty old product back when dynamic IEM isn't as good, I think the conclusion is expected.

Quote:
I hope t-JAYS is better than a-JAYS, they have different price range. What about t-JAYS two compared with q-JAYS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back