Jays launching seven new products Spring 2010 - incl. x-JAYS quadro armature universal IEM
Mar 4, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #16 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetCed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Pretty well" is not on our minds when we develope new earphones I'd say
happy_face1.gif

We have more cool things to come in March also. Can't tell you more right now but be sure to check our web out now and then.

Cheers!

I for one...would really appriciate detachable cables...hope that Jays implement that!

Mar 9, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #24 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it just 4 drivers (with 2 or 3 way crossover) or does it have 4 way crossover?

"four loudspeakers, each of them operating their own frequency scope"

Mar 9, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #25 of 147
Quote:

None. It's a new line up.

MSRP is 39.99, 49.99, 59.99USD ex VAT.

Thanks for the information!

It's a good price and I am looking forward how these sound. Thinking of getting them just for their design
tongue.gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #26 of 147
Quote:

None. It's a new line up.

MSRP is 39.99, 49.99, 59.99USD ex VAT.

Fair enough, be advised though, your lineup would be confusing for some.

How does the a-jays three fare compared to the much more expensive q-jays?

Mar 9, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #27 of 147
I've briefly heard the bottom a-Jays and have to say that it is really, really punching into high territory. My only problem is that it is a bit hard to get in the ear. But once seated (I will imagine that there will be quite a bit of tip hunting going on), the a-JAYS is a powerful beast.

Comparing a dynamic to a balanced armature is quite difficult as one moves much more air than the other. The q-JAYS has always been the most detailed of Jays products and that won't change with the debut of either the a-JAYS or the t-JAYS.

These are powerful, thick-sounding earphones with a pretty good dose of foot-tapping thrown in. When seated, for 39$, they are a lot of fun.

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #28 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fair enough, be advised though, your lineup would be confusing for some.

How does the a-jays three fare compared to the much more expensive q-jays?

Completely different target audience. q-JAYS retails above 200USD and a-JAYS around 40USD. One is dual armature, the other is dynamic. It comes down to what kind of sound signature you prefer. If you like foot tapping bass responce with yet good overall detail then a-JAYS is the choice for sure. If you prefer balanced, natural and controlled sound then q-JAYS.. or x-JAYS that's something really special
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #29 of 147
Quote:

Completely different target audience. q-JAYS retails above 200USD and a-JAYS around 40USD. One is dual armature, the other is dynamic. It comes down to what kind of sound signature you prefer. If you like foot tapping bass responce with yet good overall detail then a-JAYS is the choice for sure. If you prefer balanced, natural and controlled sound then q-JAYS.. or x-JAYS that's something really special
wink.gif

Fair enough, how foolish of me
biggrin.gif

Estimated price for the x-jays? What can we expect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back