Jay Z To Buy Tidal For $56M?
Jan 31, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #47 of 150
https://press.spotify.com/us/information/

Actually Spotify has 30 million tracks to
Tidal's 25. Also, this may be out dated info so Spotify could have MUCH more at an addItional 20,000 songs added daily. Not to mention selection, look for Anne Akiko Meyers at both service. You'll see that her new and old albums are only on Spotify while tidal has her earlier work only.

Anecdotally speaking, that has been my experience, as well. Older releases for some artists and missing the latest release.

In all fairness to Tidal, I'm sure that will change for them, over time, as they come up to speed on working with the record labels.

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #48 of 150
Interesting. Hopeully Tidal will continue with MQA from Meridian and than with a "bigger" Brand behind  both will get more attention.

Now I'm just waiting for MQA update for my Meridian Prime.

B

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #49 of 150
My problems with Tidal:

No API.
No plans on xbmc integration.
No plans on clients with bit-perfect playback unless you use Linux (not a problem for me).

Jay-Z will fix none of these AND i would have to give money to a massive poo hole.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #51 of 150
Spotify to Raise $500 Million; Move Could Delay an I.P.O.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/30/business/media/spotify-to-raise-500-million-move-could-delay-an-ipo.html?_r=0&referrer=

I saw this the other day... Would be my guess spotify backers want to go head-to-head w TIDAL..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #52 of 150
I started TIDAL just right after the launch... I've explored more music in past 2 1/2 months than ever before. Like the offline feature for taking 'on the road' my NAS lost one drive right b4 TIDALs launch.. No hurry to get it back up running either.

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #53 of 150
Ps streaming TIDAL through my Squeezebox Touch (as well as an iOS device). TIDAL via the SBT makes my PS Audio PWD have new life.

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #55 of 150
Di you guys ever consider that you don't OWN the CDs? So once your membership ends for whatever reason, you don't have those CDs you saved on.

Not to mention buying used CDs for a few bucks if you're looking for an oldie, as well as trading in. Oh wait, I forgot record stores are so 90s now lol

Absolutely.

Also, I'm quite surprised to see that no one here has actually mentionned Artists' royalties.

I try to buy CD's or downloads directly from the artists as much as possible for that very reason. The boys and girls who create the music we listen to deserve to be paid reasonably for what they do. 

When I spend a whole month listening to an album 10 times + a week, I do believe that its creator deserves to be paid more than the 0.00099 bucks spotify will retribute.

That's the problem with streaming services, people are so used to everything being free that they freak out as soon as they've got to pay for something.

That's what I call the "1 buck app syndrome".

Come on, we're on a site that promotes 1K$+ cans and we rant about how 20$ a month's too expensive ?
rolleyes.gif
How much did you pay for your last cans ?

Besides, I don't understand the comments ralated to Jay-Z. I don't like his music, to be completely honest I think it's crap, but he seems to be pretty good at what he's doing. Making money, that is.

Blame our modern society for its people's musical taste (or lack thereof.) but Jay-Z and people like him are only exploiting it.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #56 of 150
Spotify to Raise $500 Million; Move Could Delay an I.P.O.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/30/business/media/spotify-to-raise-500-million-move-could-delay-an-ipo.html?_r=0&referrer=

I saw this the other day... Would be my guess spotify backers want to go head-to-head w TIDAL..

Spotify has already beaten TIDAL. I know too many people that use it, that aren't even into audiophoolery. No, Spotify is likely more worried about Apple.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #57 of 150

Absolutely.

Also, I'm quite surprised to see that no one here has actually mentionned Artists' royalties.

I try to buy CD's or downloads directly from the artists as much as possible for that very reason. The boys and girls who create the music we listen to deserve to be paid reasonably for what they do. 

When I spend a whole month listening to an album 10 times + a week, I do believe that its creator deserves to be paid more than the 0.00099 bucks spotify will retribute.

That's the problem with streaming services, people are so used to everything being free that they freak out as soon as they've got to pay for something.

That's what I call the "1 buck app syndrome".

Come on, we're on a site that promotes 1K$+ cans and we rant about how 20$ a month's too expensive ?
rolleyes.gif
How much did you pay for your last cans ?

Besides, I don't understand the comments ralated to Jay-Z. I don't like his music, to be completely honest I think it's crap, but he seems to be pretty good at what he's doing. Making money, that is.

Blame our modern society for its people's musical taste (or lack thereof.) but Jay-Z and people like him are only exploiting it.

Well said.  I'm a Tidal and Spotify Premium subscriber and I also buy music from artists when I particularly like something.  In fact, I use streaming services mainly as a way to find new music that I want to buy. Obviously, this is not the most financially clever way of doing things (and I'm pretty broke these days!), but I do fear for the quality of music in the future if too many people rely on streaming and don't directly support artists.  

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #58 of 150

Well said.  I'm a Tidal and Spotify Premium subscriber and I also buy music from artists when I particularly like something.  In fact, I use streaming services mainly as a way to find new music that I want to buy. Obviously, this is not the most financially clever way of doing things (and I'm pretty broke these days!), but I do fear for the quality of music in the future if too many people rely on streaming and don't directly support artists.  

That's how I use spotify too. Most of the times I'll find some very good playlists or artist recommendations (just like that one) go buy what I like and use Spotify until it arrives.

Basically, spotify's quite 2015's record shop for me. When you use it as such, it's fantastic.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #59 of 150

That's how I use spotify too. Most of the times I'll find some very good playlists or artist recommendations (just like that one) go buy what I like and use Spotify until it arrives.

Basically, spotify's quite 2015's record shop for me. When you use it as such, it's fantastic.

Yep, agreed.  Your link's not working for me though...?

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #60 of 150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back