Japan made custom IEM, SUYAMA Private 333 impressions (w/pics)
Aug 18, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #46 of 73
The plug is not compatible to Westone but it takes Sennheiser(HD650s or HD25s).
This is quite interesting, although not officially assured but 333 takes my HD25 after market cables.
However, the stems are too long for IEM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS: sasaki, is their detachable cable compatible with westone and ue?

Aug 18, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #47 of 73
Yes I agree with you. They are focused on domestic market first.
My post itself does not intend to inform the oversea market expansion of Suyama customs. Just I want to share the custom IEM information outside of US.
But I think there is a good chance for the market expansion after their domestic supports has well established.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True, but I'm not sure he's looking to compete with the big 3 in the U.S. l think he's primarily interested in the Japanese market, and I'm not aware of too much competition at this point, although Sasaki would know better than 1.

Aug 18, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #48 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The plug is not compatible to Westone but it takes Sennheiser(HD650s or HD25s).
This is quite interesting, although not officially assured but 333 takes my HD25 after market cables.
However, the stems are too long for IEM.

Yes, The plug is compatible with Sennheiser.
But we can't use it because pin assignment is different.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #49 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

See the picture? See the background? that's what happens to all the men here...

Aug 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #51 of 73
Ok, this is really interesting. The handcraft is so impressive. No wonder how it sounds to compare to the JH13. I definately will spare one day off and drop by this shop to have a look when I come to Tokyo in near future.

Sep 27, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #52 of 73
good lucking monitors!!!

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #54 of 73
Guh, been trying so long to get in touch with FitEar to get a review up along with the 10X3 and ES3X. But never do they reply...

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #55 of 73
I have read great impressions of the 8 driver unit at Thrillseeker and will get to see these badboys in December when I meet the man himself! I am looking for the impressions but cannot find them. I own the Private 333 and can say without a doubt that they are made very, very well. Review forthcoming.

Oct 27, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #56 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have read great impressions of the 8 driver unit at Thrillseeker and will get to see these badboys in December when I meet the man himself! I am looking for the impressions but cannot find them. I own the Private 333 and can say without a doubt that they are made very, very well. Review forthcoming.

please update us if there is any hope for worldwide orders.
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #58 of 73
I think maybe next year there will be, maybe. In terms of build quality and cable quality, I would put them at the top. Sound is of course subjective, but Ultrasone fans should be very happy with the 333. It is my favourite custom earphone.

Oct 27, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #59 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think maybe next year there will be, maybe. In terms of build quality and cable quality, I would put them at the top. Sound is of course subjective, but Ultrasone fans should be very happy with the 333. It is my favourite custom earphone.

So you like them more than the JH13?

Oct 27, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #60 of 73
They have very different sound signatures. If I would put a generic label on the JH13Pro, it would be the DT880, a favourite of mine. But, the 333 is more of a better-built DJ1Pro; it has exciting low and high ends, and an interesting mid-high suck out. The JH13Pro has a small bottom end suck out and a sudden brightness at the top while maintaining beautiful mids.

Soundwise, I don't have a clear favourite, but in terms of utility, the 333 is just easier, and since Mr. Suyama fashions much more shallowly inserting iems, it is easier to use. The case is miles better (penguin) and the cable is stronger, though microphonic. It will last longer and so too, will the police-grade connection unit.

If you want artwork, you are almost out of luck. You will have to wait for my review (in 3 weeks) to see what I man, but in terms of showiness, the FitEar loses in almost every regard.

Make is better all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back