Japan earthquake and tsunami!
Mar 11, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #16 of 279
It was the biggest earthquake I've ever experienced in Tokyo, and shakes are still here intermittently. In my house, paints of walls were cracked, a window glass was crashed and speakers fell down. I'm earthquake-sick now, but anyway, everyone around me is safe. Thanks! Hope others are all right too.

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #17 of 279
My thoughts and best wishes to everyone affected by this. I know some are dead, but I sure hope it turns out to be a small number.

An 8.9 is just terrifying. The biggest I've felt has been around a 7. This is somewhere around a hundred times more powerful.

Just thinking about it makes me want to curl up in the fetal position under something sturdy.

New Zealand just got hit, too. I wonder if any more big ones are coming up.

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #18 of 279
These calamities will get worse as we align with the galactic central plane. Once through, our polarity will flip and we will be in a new age (electrical polarity wise). This world has secrets we are only now starting to understand. Seems our womb is getting ready for a re-model.

Of course, this is IMO.

I pray none of our member's friends and families are impacted adversely over this.

May (insert favorite name here) have mercy on the victims of this event.

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #22 of 279

Quote:
Hearing about this made me very sad.  My thoughts and well wishes go out to everyone affected, and I'm glad to hear some of the folks in our little community seem to be OK.

same. japan looks beutiful and i would like to visit there one day but this earthquake is not good at all especially looking at the climbing death toll.

Mar 11, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #23 of 279
Just watching footage of the devastation in Japan really sent chills down my spine. There was a aerial video footage of several large waves rolling towards Japan minutes after the earthquake that had me thinking the worst has yet to come. When the tsunamis landed ashore, the video showed everything in it's path being swept away. As if all of hell broke loose, my thoughts and prayers goes out to all those in Japan.

earthquake_quake.jpg
ss-110311-japanQuake-34.grid-7x2.jpg

Mar 11, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #24 of 279
I hope for the best to those affected by this earthquake in Japan.  I saw some of the footage of the tsunami in Sendai on the evening news here in San Francisco just before going to sleep and they were pretty disturbing.  Cars, boats and homes just being washed away, and you have to believe there are people in those waves as there was so little time to react following the earthquake. 

With all these earthquakes in that region of the world (New Zealand, China, and now Japan), I'm sure everyone has to be on edge about all this recent activity in the tectonic plates. 

Mar 11, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #25 of 279
First New Zealand, now Japan. I bet mother nature will hit my area next...
ph34r.gif
There's been a series of earthquake all under 6.0 in my area in the last year. There's supposed to be HUGE one that's supposed to hit in the very near future.

My prayers go out to everybody effected by this earthquake/tsunami. I cant imagine what you guys are going through.

Mar 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #26 of 279
luckily for me where i live. on the west coast of canada it isn't very common to get big earthquakes but they have been predicting a big one for a long time. luckily i live more in the mainland away from the ocean.

Mar 11, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #27 of 279

Quote:
I hope for the best to those affected by this earthquake in Japan.  I saw some of the footage of the tsunami in Sendai on the evening news here in San Francisco just before going to sleep and they were pretty disturbing.  Cars, boats and homes just being washed away, and you have to believe there are people in those waves as there was so little time to react following the earthquake. 

With all these earthquakes in that region of the world (New Zealand, China, and now Japan), I'm sure everyone has to be on edge about all this recent activity in the tectonic plates. 

New Zealand isn't quite in the same region as China or Japan. But yeah, it's pretty freaky when the world starts shaking like this. Makes you wonder what will be next. The massive fault which runs down the middle of New Zealand hasn't gone for a few thousand years either so we're all waiting for that one too...

Mar 11, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #28 of 279
Glad you're ok Amos.

Mar 11, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #29 of 279
Man this does look bad. I'm from Christchurch, New Zealand and experienced the 6.3 quake here on 22nd of February.

8.8 on the richter scale is around 8000 times more powerful than 6.3 I heard on BBC. Their quake was 120km offshore though not in the middle of a major city (as ours was pretty much) or else it would have been completely flattened. But now theres tsunamis...

Good luck to all head-fiers in Tokyo. Looks terrible on the news and I'm sure that's nothing compared to what it's like being there.

Apparently there's going to be heaps of scams as there was for the Boxing Day Tsunami a few years back, so if you've got the funds to donate only do so through a well known charity's actual website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back