James444's IEM giveaway thread (competition has ended - see post #344 and #354 for winners!)
Aug 24, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #406 of 428

Quote:
^ LOL, I should make a new contest for the best NOOOO!!! pics.
wink.gif

YES!

I mean....

Aug 24, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #407 of 428
Wow, this is awesome - I can't  believe I won!

Thanks james444

I'm gonna go with the Atrios - really excited to hear them!

Thanks so much and hopefully some day I can do the same and give back to the community

Aug 24, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #409 of 428
Then the Cyclone PR2 are the only ones left for me. 

I will PM you with my address, james444. Thanks again! It will be a nice present for my birthday coming in 4 days from now.

Quote:
Wow, this is awesome - I can't  believe I won!

Thanks james444

I'm gonna go with the Atrios - really excited to hear them!

Thanks so much and hopefully some day I can do the same and give back to the community

Aug 24, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #410 of 428
Congratulations to all you lucky winners.

And in my opinion, none of you should ever sell them!!

If you end up not wanting them at some point in the future, then 'pay it forward' and donate them back to the community. One good turn deserves another
smile_phones.gif

Hope you all enjoy your new phones.

Nice one james
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Aug 24, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #412 of 428
Cute cat. Why's he smiling, did he win some phones too?
smile_phones.gif

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #415 of 428

Quote:
If you end up not wanting them at some point in the future, then 'pay it forward' and donate them back to the community. One good turn deserves another
smile_phones.gif

Definitely doing that if I get the chance

Aug 25, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #416 of 428
Honestly though, they can do whatever they want with the headphones such as using them, throwing them away, selling them...etc. Although it is in good faith to "pay it forward" we cant judge them if they decide to sell them.

Aug 25, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #417 of 428

Quote:
Honestly though, they can do whatever they want with the headphones such as using them, throwing them away, selling them...etc. Although it is in good faith to "pay it forward" we cant judge them if they decide to sell them.

I realise they can do whatever they like. I just thought it would be a nice gesture (having got them for free from a very kind member) to donate them back to the community if they weren't to their tastes or something. Hopefully, they'll love their new phones and won't want to part with them anyway
smile_phones.gif

Aug 25, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #419 of 428

Quote:
^ i dont think there is such a thing as never parting with an earphone or headphone unless its a collectors item
sooner or later it all comes selling down

Not if you're mark2410
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #420 of 428

Quote:

Well, you can judge, you just can't condemn. The way we perceive others, is usually through their action and choices. In effect we always judge, weight and categorize most actions that we witness and we usually do this unconsciously (most thought patterns work that way). 

My opinion (and you know what they say about opinions) is that when you consciously and actively judge another's action, it's essential to know all the facts that lead to this action/decision or else you are only succeeding at imposing your morality to others and morality is a very vague word with a subjective meaning.

I won't for example, ever sell the pair of phones i won, because my morality applies symbolism to selfless acts. So i feel compelled to show respect for the present, because it has gained a symbolic value besides the monetary value all goods have. My morality though, also dictates that a present is a present, and the recipient has the right to do with it what ever he/she wants. That's my moral code though and i wouldn't impose it on others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back