James444's IEM giveaway thread (competition has ended - see post #344 and #354 for winners!)
Aug 7, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #62 of 428
Hey James,

This is such a great show of generosity from you! I'd be willing to try any of these IEMs--I'm actually looking to upgrade now.

The FX500 would be a great IEM to try with its amazing soundstage and natural timbre.
The Pr1 Pro seems to have a great soundstage while remaining very balanced.
The PR2 would be good because of it's great bass for the price and would work well with rap/dubstep/techno.
The Atrio M5 would obviously be a great fit bass-wise to most of my preferred genres.
The CK100 and its crisp highs and forward mids would fit well with rock--and I really like that signature because I own AD700s.
I'm assuming the CKM70 is similar to the CK100...that AT sound--so I'd like to try out these as well for the treble.

Once again, thanks for this awesome opportunity!

Aug 7, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #63 of 428
Aug 7, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #65 of 428
Nicely done James
biggrin.gif

I'd love to try out the CK100 just cos' I have the IE8s and I'd really like to see how the treble goes. That being said, I'd drop to the P1 Pro or the FX500 or the Atrios just for a different sound signature and for the experience as I really haven't had much exposure to other IEMs in general.

Be happy to pass it on as well if I'm still all out happier with my IE8s, but if I fall in love, that's an entirely different story!
beyersmile.png

Again, kudos to you!

Aug 7, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #66 of 428
When I first saw this thread, I was totally suprised. I didn't expect that someone could be so generous as you James. :D It's great oportunity to win some exotic iems (in my country all these iems are extremly hard to get). Personally, I'd love to get Atrio, to checkout their fabulous bass or fx500, since they look so amazing and I supose they sound even better. 

Aug 7, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #67 of 428
Thanks James,

I just joined head-Fi just a month ago, and have been loving it since. If i had to choose what IEM i prefer, it would be the CK100. I read great reviews about them and have never had the opportunity to try them. I read that they are produced in Japan, and living in the USA, the prices are pretty jacked up :p. I see reviews of them, but never really a comparison to other IEM except the CK10. I would love to hear what a top tier earphone would sound like. I actually wouldn't care what earphones i get. The only IEM i have with me are those cheap CX300. Waiting for an upgrade xD. Expressing great happiness to all Head-Fi members and a happy 6 years to James, good luck to everyone and myself also. 

If i don't win can i at least get one flowerpots and cactuses ;P

Aug 7, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #68 of 428
Probably been repeated many times already but this is pretty god damn generous of you there!

Haven't listened to many IEMs myself, including those 6. Did read up a good deal about them before getting the RE0s and then the DBAs though.
Hopefully there will be one more IEM to try and compare 2 weeks later
beyersmile.png

Anyhow the JVCs interest me. Have yet to try a wooden iem. Heard lots of positive stuff about how they affect timbre.
The Atrios are also intriguing. Wonder what this top rated bass sounds like.
Not to forget the budget friendly cyclones and ckm70. Would be interesting to see if they are really worthy of being top contenders in the <$100 market.
And then there's the ck100 with the baffling price tag. My money's on the ck100 being the first to go
popcorn.gif

Regardless of who wins these babies, thanks for the offer. Your generosity is heartfelt.

Aug 7, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #72 of 428
hi James,
I haven't been around on head-fi for a long time but it's nice to see this level of generosity on the internet.

I'd love to try the ck100 because in Canada, they don't sell the ck10 or the ck100 and I've heard very good things about them. I've never heard any Audio Technica IEM; I've had a pair of headphones for PC gaming and they were very decent.
Good luck to everyone!!

Aug 7, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #73 of 428

I'm in, I'd like to listen to one of those IEMs and eventually review them like I usually do. :)
I'm really interested in ck100, I loved a lot the Shure se530 and I would like to compare them to another triple driver IEM.
FX500 also seems catchy and I like the idea of the  wood dome diaphragm in them, I would like to ear if there are differences between it and the "classic" driver used in the IEM i own.

My past works:

http://rainynightscaneasilygo.blogspot.com/2010/07/hifiman-re252.html
http://theseasofthesun.altervista.org/theseasofthesun_0003.html

Aug 7, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #74 of 428
Very Generous!
Well, I'm always interested in trying portables IEMs, especially those CK100 ;] Count me in.

Aug 7, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #75 of 428
Well, first I have to see these Atrios look MEAN design-wise, never had a chance to try those out though..
Also, first time I hear of these cyclones and they do sound classy-ish! I read the PR2 model is great for D&B and electronic-oriented music in general, which sounds tempting..

I have to say you sir, are really awesome - maybe one day when I'm a grown-up I'd try doing something as cool as this... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back