James444's IEM giveaway thread (competition has ended - see post #344 and #354 for winners!)
Aug 7, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #16 of 428
This is a very generous thing you are doing. Since getting back in to audio (portable this time around) a few years ago, I have gotten IEMs from UE, Klipsch, Monster and MEELEC - mostly from very good 1-2 day sales. I am enjoying this hobby immensely, but I haven't tried any of the brands that you are giving away.

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #17 of 428
This is  great. I only have a few iems right now but If I win, I'll give one of them away in buy/sell to maintain the flow.
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #18 of 428
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the winner chooses CK100 :p That glass thing 4th from the left is suspiciously empty :)

Also the CK100 has anything but recessed mids. I wish every iem had their build quality or that of the CK10.

Count me in and hopefully if selected the FX500 is there although I wouldn't be against trying an earphone I haven't heard yet. That does rule out the CK100 however and I'm sure they would go to a better person who has a source that matches them better since those are quite picky.
Anyway, good luck everyone with the giveaway from a generous head-fi member
beerchug.gif

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #20 of 428
that's very generous of you, James444 =D. I didn`t knew any of these before this post, but I now that I read about it, I would love to hear the acclamed ck100 rendition of Chamber Music.

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #21 of 428
would the ck100 be closer to ck10 or 9? 
i had the 9s and liked them, thought they could have done with a little more bass. 

EDIT: dont count me as an entry, probably dont need them. good luck to everyone though

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #22 of 428
After using several ATH's IEM, I really want to try the the higher level of their IEM, really want to know how good is CK100's build quality and how it sounds. CKM70 also invites my curiosity as it is not available in the country where I live now and I have used the CKM50 before. 

Anyway, thanks for your generosity :)

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #23 of 428
epic!

on a another forum a free stuff thread has developed a life of its own and its really something special to read.

i was thinking of giving away my IE8 drivers as well, cable crapped out, didnt get round to buying a new one.

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #24 of 428
I only just joined the community, but as I don't have any headphones at the moment, and I'm kind of broke, I'm taking the liberty of posting in this thread!

OP is very generous. This place is fantastic.

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #25 of 428
Very, very generous. A long time ago, I had custom sleeves made for a pair of Futuresonics' EM3s, the precursor to the Atrio M5. I still have the sleeves, but the M5s I bought I eventually sold, and it would be great to have a pair back for those custom sleeves (which don't fit any other phones I have owned since). Anyway, life must be very good in Vienna James444. Since I already own the PR1 Pro and have owned the CKS70, I would give those away should I win them (pass them along). Can't say the same for the CK100 or the M5. I'd give away the JVC as well, no real interest in owning them.

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #26 of 428
i would really love to try the fx500 and the ck100. the 1st time i tried the ck100 it just doesnt feel right to me, the music sounds kinda hollow and after reading the reviews i realise that it must be a seal problem. with my newly acquired sony hybrids i hope to find the perfect seal for the music. for the fx500 i just like to hear for myself what the hype is about and once again thank you james for your generousity
smile_phones.gif

Aug 7, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #27 of 428
The Atrio M5 seems like a nice performer. At least DFKT likes it in his abi review. 

I had to look for the other IEMs listed, minus the ATH CK100 as I knew it was their first triple driver IEM design. 

That is a very nice offering of you james444. Congrats on your 6th year!

Aug 7, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #28 of 428
That's very generous of you!

I would happy to be chosen for any IEM. But if I had to pick, I would really love to put the ATH-CK100 against my incoming DBA-2. 

After reading Joker's extensive reviews of the two mentioned IEMS, I'm really interested to put these IEMS against each other. Since the ATH-CK100 is one of the most expensive top tier universals out there and the DBA-2 is one of cheapest. To put it short,both IEMS have received excellent reviews and seems flawless in their own way, but I would love to make that comparison myself.

Cheers

Aug 7, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #29 of 428
I'm very curios about the FX500. The only wood IEM I've heard is the playaz N3, and I'm not very impressed. But the FX500 have received many good review on head-fi, and are said to have one of the best bass and timbre ever, which make me want to try them
Of course I'd love to try the CK100 too :p
And thank you James for this great contribution to Head-fi

Aug 7, 2010 at 10:33 AM Post #30 of 428
Wow, that is so kind of you! Count me in
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back