James Chung (FiiO CEO) told you the story about FiiO and himself
Jun 30, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #16 of 39
Fiio BTR5 is super crazy
Just add a proper wired DAC/amp function and it kills everything in its price. Even DAP's
I agree the BTR5 offers great performance, but it doesn’t rival 500$+ daps either

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 1, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #18 of 39
Almost like yesterday that I got my first FiiO, the little E3 amp - and a decade just gone by like nothing.

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #19 of 39
Jul 1, 2020 at 5:03 AM Post #20 of 39
Jul 1, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #21 of 39
Jul 1, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #23 of 39
Having Android 7 in no way holds the M15 back. As a music player it is a cut above anything in it's price range, it's quicker in operation than models like the DX200/220 and lastly it can support all the streaming apps you might need.
It seems a bit strange to hold back on buying because of the operating system. Your buying a DAP not the latest smartphone.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #24 of 39
Very informative read on his journey to the creation of Fiio. Fiio has done good by me. I hope they continue to go on with the quality that they strive to maintain while not being skyhigh expensive to own. Loving the Fiio M3K and K1!

Jul 1, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #25 of 39
Having Android 7 in no way holds the M15 back. As a music player it is a cut above anything in it's price range, it's quicker in operation than models like the DX200/220 and lastly it can support all the streaming apps you might need.
It seems a bit strange to hold back on buying because of the operating system. Your buying a DAP not the latest smartphone.

Of course its not the same as if you on the market for a new smartphone, but for the asking price I want the whole package as android music player.

Jul 1, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #26 of 39
Just use it as what it is, a music player, play your files locally on the device or use streaming apps like Tidal and Qubus, android 7 should be compatible with most streaming apps.

Think of the android mode as just a bonus feature, besides it's not like you're gonna be playing games or using any more power draining apps on the M15 anyway right?

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #27 of 39
Of course its not the same as if you on the market for a new smartphone, but for the asking price I want the whole package as android music player.
I don't get that, your never going to get a dap that gives you that experience unless it is from Samsung or Sony. Fiio and other companies can't bulk buy the required processors to give the complete up to date android package.

And what you get is the complete package.
I use Qobus, Amazon HD and Spotify with no issues. I cluld if I wanted also use Netflix etc but pointless when I've got a Samsung s20 ultra screen.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #28 of 39
Just use it as what it is, a music player, play your files locally on the device or use streaming apps like Tidal and Qubus, android 7 should be compatible with most streaming apps.

Think of the android mode as just a bonus feature, besides it's not like you're gonna be playing games or using any more power draining apps on the M15 anyway right?

I don't get that, your never going to get a dap that gives you that experience unless it is from Samsung or Sony. Fiio and other companies can't bulk buy the required processors to give the complete up to date android package.

And what you get is the complete package.
I use Qobus, Amazon HD and Spotify with no issues. I cluld if I wanted also use Netflix etc but pointless when I've got a Samsung s20 ultra screen.

I just being nitpicky for a flagship product with premium price tag, M15 is checking all the boxes its just so perfect so much that when I discovering they still using Android 7 I was so disappointed, when others flagship android DAP at lower price point and lower specs already using version 8.1 for sometimes now. Maybe I just expecting too much with M15.

Jul 1, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #29 of 39
I just being nitpicky for a flagship product with premium price tag, M15 is checking all the boxes its just so perfect so much that when I discovering they still using Android 7 I was so disappointed, when others flagship android DAP at lower price point and lower specs already using version 8.1 for sometimes now. Maybe I just expecting too much with M15.
Don't forget that those other daps run slower than the M15
The Dx200/220 is maybe 8.1 but the processer can't always cope, I had loads of slowdown when in menus etc. By using a reasonable processor with android 7 it keeps everything snappy

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #30 of 39
Don't forget that those other days run slower than the M15
The Dx200/220 is maybe 8.1 but the processer can't always cope, I had loads of slowdown when in menus etc. By usong a reasonable processor with android 6 it keeps everything snappy

N6ii released last year it has 8.1 and fast UI its not even the flagship model. My point is with so many DAP in the market right now am just expecting more from M15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back