JadeAudio EA3(FiiO'Sub-brand)-1 BA(Knowles) +1 Dynamic 0.78mm 2pins in-Ear earphone
Dec 31, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #91 of 282
According to google trans: airline departure

Your item is already with the respective airline I supposed

Dec 31, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #92 of 282
Mine just got despatched to the transit shipping service (Singpost) today against all the odds. Hope it doesn't stuck on transit like the one I purchased through Ali. (No update since 14/12, still 'departing from outward OE)

Dec 31, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #93 of 282
I got my EA3 review set yesterday, but was out working night shift and also received the FAAEAL Datura at the same time, have been testing out the latter today, but will drop some initial impressions of the EA3 over the next few days.

Jan 1, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #94 of 282
Hi

I Purchased the Jade Audio EA3 Iems from Aliexpress, thought of sharing my impressions/short review about them and this is my first post at Headfi.

Build & comfort: They are good looking Iems with transparent shells similar to recent chifi iems. They are very comfortable to wear and provide deeper insertion compared to ibasso IT01 due to the angled long nozzle. They have good noise isolation.

Sound impressions:

- V-shaped sound with emphasis on the both extremes of frequency range.

- Male vocals are slightly recessed compared to female vocals and the lower mids are slightly colder sounding.

- Sub bass is the area of focus on bass regions and the dynamic driver really digs deep with powerful sub bass. Speed of dynamic driver is a bit slow compared to IT01.

- Treble has very good extension and sparkle with very good detail retrieval.

- Soundstage is good in terms of width with good image and instrument separation.

- Sound signature changes with different tips which come in the box - The red ones with bigger nozzle diameter and they sound balanced. The black ones come with smaller nozzle diameter makes the sound more V-shaped increase the quantity of sub bass and treble with sub bass sounding unnatural. I prefer to use the red ones.

Overall I pretty much like the Jade Audio EA3 and if there are few short comings to mention I would say that treble could have more body, mid bass could have a bit more punchier and lower mids with a bit more body. I think fiio might make these improvements with changes in dynamic driver and brass nozzle in FH1S which is expensive than ea3.

I have shared few images of the IEM. I have tried describe them and if there are any errors in my post/impressions kindly let me know so that I can improve in my future posts
qFjEQrseYMGBNkqx6

qFjEQrseYMGBNkqx6

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #95 of 282
I gave my EA3 review set set a quick listen today for about 5 hours.

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-01 at 20.46.23.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-01 at 20.46.21.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-01 at 20.46.22.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-01 at 20.46.20.jpeg

Initial impressions are that is it like a mini Audiosense T800. Bright, U shaped tuning, fun sounding, with details on the forefront compared to musicality. Some might find the details quite in your face, but trebleheads will surely love this set.
Do burn in your set as OOTB yesterday, it was super grating on the upper mids/lower treble and I was a bit disappointed. After burning in overnight, it sounded less harsher on those frequencies when I went back to it today. I know not everyone believes in burn in, but FWIW it sounds much better today (maybe brain burn in at work?).

Build/Comfort: Nice resin shell, of good quality, comfortable, no hard edges and very ergonomic. Stock cables and tips are quite usable and well fitting.
There are 2 kinds of stock silicone tips included, red ones are of larger bore diameter and make the sound more U shaped, whereas the black stock ones (smaller bore) make the sound more V shaped, and though these black ones boosted the bass quantity, they also were bordering on the verge of killing my ears for the lower treble/upper mids. I found that KZ starlines and spinfit CP100 eartips helped tame the lower treble/upper mids to more acceptable levels for me, but the red ones should be quite usable for treble sensitive folks, YMMV.

I found the stock SPC cable bordering on too bright in the lower treble/upper mids, and after cable rolling about, I found copper cables lower this area more to my liking, though at the slight expense of loss of treble details. But for trebleheads, I think they'll like it with the default black tips/cables.

For my personal preferences, I liked a KZ starline pairing with a copper cable for the EA3. For the purposes of this early impressions for the sound component, I'll be using the stock SPC cable with stock red tips.

The EA3's sound signature also changes with the volume you play the IEM at (Fletcher Munson curve). At lower volumes, it sounds more U shaped, while at higher volumes it is closer to V shaped with boosted bass/treble. For this early impressions, I used the EA3 at moderate volumes with a smartphone and a desktop -> Khadas tone board -> Fiio A3 amp.

Isolation: Very good, estimated about 20 dB isolation. With music on, my daughter was in the same room asking me a question and I didn't realize it until she pulled the IEM out of my ear haha.

Soundstage: Wide for an IEM at this price range. It won't beat earbuds or open backed cans of course, but I think soundstage is one of its strengths.

Timbre: Very good for a hybrid. The Knowles BA handling the mids/treble is well tuned for timbre, definitely sounds quite legit for acoustic instruments, in contrast to some CHIFI that incorporate Bellsings at this price range that have an artificial/"metallic" timbre in the treble frequencies. It won't beat a well tuned DD timbre, but I'm very picky about timbre and this passes my timbre test with room to spare.
Like other Knowles BA sets, the notes are quite rounded/transparent and clean compared to Bellsings, some people may think the notes are too clean though. The note weight especially at treble frequencies is a bit towards the thinner side.
It is quite uncommon to see Knowles drivers being used at the EA3's pricing, so we have to thank Fiio/Jade Audio for giving a good pricing despite incorporating higher quality drivers.

Sibilance: Mild

Sound:
U shaped/mild V shaped, depending on the tips used/volume played at. Very good extension at either extremes. Imaging, clarity, details, instrument separation very good for a multi BA/hybrid set at this price range, considering it has only 2 drivers. When the EA3 is compared to the more expensive Audiosense T800, it has a similar bright U shaped signature that focuses on details/technicalities in an in your face manner, though the latter has better microdetails, instrument separation, clarity, imaging (no surprise since the T800 costs 6 times more with 6 more drivers). I'll do more comparisons with some other multi BA/hybrids over the next few days.

Bass:
Subbass > midbass quantity, my complaint is that sometimes the midbass sounds indistinct and muffled. Minimal mid bass bleed. Amping and different tips help improve this muffledness to some extent, so do explore around to see what suits you. And as stated above, the tips play a big part in the quantity of bass. Quantity wise, bass is north of neutral but not at basshead amounts. Subbass extends very well, and bass decay is about average for a DD bass. Texturing/layering of the bass is muffled as above, so not the best quality bass.

Mids:
Upper mids > lower mids, so female voices are more forward. Good details and clarity as stated above. With stock cable/stock black tips, the 2 - 4 kHz area is a bit hot, but the red tips are useful in taming the upper mids area for me.

Treble:
Extends very well and is bright and airy. Very good microdetails in the treble region, trebleheads will love this set. Cymbals can get occasionally splashy. As per the mids, the lower treble can get a bit hot with stock cable/stock black tips. Like its bigger brother the Audiosense T800, for these kinds of detailed sets, there's gonna be a tradeoff between brightness at the lower treble/upper mids region and technicalities/details. I'm borderline treble sensitive, and I found that with the stock SPC cable and red tips, the EA3 is just below the border of being harsh at the upper mids/lower treble. I do find female vocals can get a tinge fatiguing after long listening sessions, so treble sensitive folks might wanna cable/tip roll.

TLDR:
The EA3 is a good technical set at this price range, wide soundstage, U shaped sound signature with a fun tuning, focusing on details over musicality. It is very tip/cable/source/volume sensitive, and borders a bit on the brighter side for the lower treble/upper mids with the black stock tips/stock cables. The included red tips tames these areas. Trebleheads will love this set, maybe treble sensitive folks can still use it with different tips/cables. The timbre is excellent, as expected of the incorporated Knowles drivers. I do find the midbass a bit muffled, perhaps this will improve with burn in, cable/tip/source change, will explore more permutations and compare it with other multi BA/hybrids and give a more detailed review later on.

Have fun and enjoy the music!

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #96 of 282

Initial impressions are that is it like a mini Audiosense T800. Bright, U shaped tuning, fun sounding, with details on the forefront compared to musicality. Some might find the details quite in your face, but trebleheads will surely love this set.
Do burn in your set as OOTB yesterday, it was super grating on the upper mids/lower treble and I was a bit disappointed. After burning in overnight, it sounded less harsher on those frequencies when I went back to it today. I know not everyone believes in burn in, but FWIW it sounds much better today (maybe brain burn in at work?).

Build/Comfort: Nice resin shell, of good quality, comfortable, no hard edges and very ergonomic. Stock cables and tips are quite usable and well fitting.
There are 2 kinds of stock silicone tips included, red ones are of larger bore diameter and make the sound more U shaped, whereas the black stock ones (smaller bore) make the sound more V shaped, and though these black ones boosted the bass quantity, they also were bordering on the verge of killing my ears for the lower treble/upper mids. I found that KZ starlines and spinfit CP100 eartips helped tame the lower treble/upper mids to more acceptable levels for me, but the red ones should be quite usable for treble sensitive folks, YMMV.

I found the stock SPC cable bordering on too bright in the lower treble/upper mids, and after cable rolling about, I found copper cables lower this area more to my liking, though at the slight expense of loss of treble details. But for trebleheads, I think they'll like it with the default black tips/cables.

For my personal preferences, I liked a KZ starline pairing with a copper cable for the EA3. For the purposes of this early impressions for the sound component, I'll be using the stock SPC cable with stock red tips.

The EA3's sound signature also changes with the volume you play the IEM at (Fletcher Munson curve). At lower volumes, it sounds more U shaped, while at higher volumes it is closer to V shaped with boosted bass/treble. For this early impressions, I used the EA3 at moderate volumes with a smartphone and a desktop -> Khadas tone board -> Fiio A3 amp.

Isolation: Very good, estimated about 20 dB isolation. With music on, my daughter was in the same room asking me a question and I didn't realize it until she pulled the IEM out of my ear haha.

Soundstage: Wide for an IEM at this price range. It won't beat earbuds or open backed cans of course, but I think soundstage is one of its strengths.

Timbre: Very good for a hybrid. The Knowles BA handling the mids/treble is well tuned for timbre, definitely sounds quite legit for acoustic instruments, in contrast to some CHIFI that incorporate Bellsings at this price range that have an artificial/"metallic" timbre in the treble frequencies. It won't beat a well tuned DD timbre, but I'm very picky about timbre and this passes my timbre test with room to spare.
Like other Knowles BA sets, the notes are quite rounded/transparent and clean compared to Bellsings, some people may think the notes are too clean though. The note weight especially at treble frequencies is a bit towards the thinner side.
It is quite uncommon to see Knowles drivers being used at the EA3's pricing, so we have to thank Fiio/Jade Audio for giving a good pricing despite incorporating higher quality drivers.

Sound:
U shaped/mild V shaped, depending on the tips used/volume played at. Very good extension at either extremes. Imaging, clarity, details, instrument separation very good for a multi BA/hybrid set at this price range, considering it has only 2 drivers. When the EA3 is compared to the more expensive Audiosense T800, it has a similar bright U shaped signature that focuses on details/technicalities in an in your face manner, though the latter has better microdetails, instrument separation, clarity, imaging (no surprise since the T800 costs 6 times more with 6 more drivers). I'll do more comparisons with some other multi BA/hybrids over the next few days.

Bass:
Subbass > midbass quantity, my complaint is that sometimes the midbass sounds indistinct and muffled. Minimal mid bass bleed. Amping and different tips help improve this muffledness to some extent, so do explore around to see what suits you. And as stated above, the tips play a big part in the quantity of bass. Quantity wise, bass is north of neutral but not at basshead amounts. Subbass extends very well, and bass decay is about average for a DD bass. Texturing/layering of the bass is muffled as above, so not the best quality bass.

Mids:
Upper mids > lower mids, so female voices are more forward. Good details and clarity as stated above. With stock cable/stock black tips, the 2 - 4 kHz area is a bit hot, but the red tips are useful in taming the upper mids area for me.

Treble:
Extends very well and is bright and airy. Very good microdetails in the treble region, trebleheads will love this set. Cymbals can get occasionally splashy. As per the mids, the lower treble can get a bit hot with stock cable/stock black tips. Like its bigger brother the Audiosense T800, for these kinds of detailed sets, there's gonna be a tradeoff between brightness at the lower treble/upper mids region and technicalities/details. I'm borderline treble sensitive, and I found that with the stock SPC cable and red tips, the EA3 is just below the border of being harsh at the upper mids/lower treble. I do find female vocals can get a tinge fatiguing after long listening sessions, so treble sensitive folks might wanna cable/tip roll.

TLDR:
The EA3 is a good technical set at this price range, wide soundstage, U shaped sound signature with a fun tuning, focusing on details over musicality. It is very tip/cable/source/volume sensitive, and borders a bit on the brighter side for the lower treble/upper mids with the black stock tips/stock cables. The included red tips tames these areas. Trebleheads will love this set, maybe treble sensitive folks can still use it with different tips/cables. The timbre is excellent, as expected of the incorporated Knowles drivers. I do find the midbass a bit muffled, perhaps this will improve with burn in, cable/tip/source change, will explore more permutations and compare it with other multi BA/hybrids and give a more detailed review later on.

Feel a bit relieved after reading your initial impression on the EA3. Hope mine will arrive next week...

Jan 1, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #97 of 282

Sound:

Bass:

Mids:

Treble:

TLDR:

good & detailed review..

I felt the same about burn in changes which you mentioned, out of the box the lows sounded a bit dominated with recessed vocals. After 5 ~10Hrs of burn in the bass gets tamed a bit and I did'nt notice any changes after that.

Jan 2, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #99 of 282
Okay, so my EA3 that I bought by my own had FINALLY arrived at the country just now... after 3 good damn weeks of waiting... so now I'll still need to wait til next week to had it send to me...

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #100 of 282
Received my JA EA3 review sample today. Thanks to the JA team for providing me this opportunity. Here are my quick impressions

So far with my 2 hours of listening to them I am really enjoying. They are definitely not balanced and outright musical and energetic. The presentation is not straight in your face and narrow which to me makes them easy to listen. Each instrument gets it own space and things are not cluttered up. Sound stage is wide enough for earphones being slightly out of your ears. Depth is decent
Instrument separation and detail retrieval are excellent at his price point. Certainly the treble is enhanced but not sibilant. Bass is good and punchy and is in the right amount. No over bloated bass and good reverb.

Comfort and build is very good. No concerns here. Seems a solid offering from Jade Audio at $40. More detailed review will be followed after I have spent more time with my set.

IMG_20200103_182405.jpg
IMG_20200103_182519.jpg

Jan 3, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #101 of 282
As you can see in @mukulymn 's last image, the stock cable's termination does not sit flush with the shell. This is because the shell is using a TFZ style connection and the stock cable is a conventional, non-recessed 2 pin. So you may want to look into the Nicehck C16 line, with "NX7 pin".

Also, due to the shell's curvature, the NX7/TFZ cables won't sit perfectly flush, but pretty darn close.

Stock cable on the left vs. TFZ cable on right
Jade stock vs TFZ cable.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #103 of 282
Mine arrived today, after less than 2 weeks. Not bad for the fact that during the holidays some days were lost.
I bought them directly on Aliexpress, so non-biased review following soon. First impression with the stock eartips is that they sound smooth, non-sibilant, creamy but somewhat bright. Present but pleasant highs, somewhat recessed mids and lean bass. I hope to get some more bass with a better seal using different eartips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back