JadeAudio EA3(FiiO'Sub-brand)-1 BA(Knowles) +1 Dynamic 0.78mm 2pins in-Ear earphone
Dec 26, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #76 of 282
I never try foam tips but maybe never will since I read they are not long lasting so I'll just use narrow bore tips like the acoustune aet08 or the spiral dots
Try TRN and KZ foam tips. $2 per set on most stores on AE. Both are excellent quality. The KZ have a slightly wider bore in them. I avoid using foams whenever possible but having these tips in the arsenal is nice when there isn’t another option due to either fit issues or excessive treble.

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #77 of 282
Try TRN and KZ foam tips. $2 per set on most stores on AE. Both are excellent quality. The KZ have a slightly wider bore in them. I avoid using foams whenever possible but having these tips in the arsenal is nice when there isn’t another option due to either fit issues or excessive treble.
Maybe later. I'm more interested on the Sony triple comfort but will only get them later when I really need it

Dec 26, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #80 of 282
Dec 26, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #83 of 282
yup. but ea3 i am pretty ok with it.

Have you compared the EA3 to the BLON? Someone on a Telegram chat said the EA3 are much better than the BLON BL 03.

Dec 26, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #84 of 282
Have you compared the EA3 to the BLON? Someone on a Telegram chat said the EA3 are much better than the BLON BL 03.
Both equally good to me. ea3 sound more brighter so maybe some say the treble abit harsh. i show my eq on my mobile. i like it till now and still burning it.
Currently using foam and pure copper on it.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #85 of 282
Have you compared the EA3 to the BLON? Someone on a Telegram chat said the EA3 is much better than the BLON BL 03.
Ea3 is a hybrid with one BA & a DD, so I don't think it would be fair to compare it to the blon.

Dec 26, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #86 of 282
Ea3 is a hybrid with one BA & a DD, so I don't think it would be fair to compare it to the blon.
I don’t see why that would make a difference. What do you hear? What does each do better than the other? If people are saying it’s better than the BLON at least I have a frame of reference since I have 2 pairs of BLON BL03. Typically we have a disparity between the DD tonality and the BA so if the EA3 is better then it seems Fiio is onto something fairly groundbreaking in the $50 and under segment.

The only difference a hybrid has is where the DD stops and the BA starts. Now if there’s a major disparity in the the area where the DD plays and the BA plays, then there could be issues with the raw performance of the BA and the DD or possibly a simple tuning issue that could be fixed with a tweaked x-over.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #87 of 282
Both equally good to me. ea3 sound more brighter so maybe some say the treble abit harsh. i show my eq on my mobile. i like it till now and still burning it.
Currently using foam and pure copper on it.

Ok it sounds like what I hear when I go from the BLON to the Guideray GR-i. People say the BLON is terrible at detail but good at timbre so if the EA3 has good tonality from the midrange throughout the treble region we may have a new budget winner.
The only reason I haven’t ordered it yet is the version in Black is sold out and I’m not so keen on the blue.

I’ll probably cave in soon and order it.

Dec 27, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #89 of 282
So I ran my EA3’s on my computer for around 30 hours with a wide variety of music whithout listening to them.
That time seems to have helped the sibilance and it seems like the treble is now a lot smoother.
Good to hear. I was concerned about the treble being siblant. Everything I have that tends to be on the bright side I really don’t touch.

I just ordered a pair. They were completely sold out this morning but I just checked 30 minutes ago and there was 1 pair in Black left. So yeah I just snagged the last pair in Black until they can restock them. There are still 6 pairs in Blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back