Jade II Discussion
Mar 4, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #92 of 472

I see you are trying to trade your Shangri La Jr for Stax 009. Did you not like the Shangri La, how did it compare to the Jade?

Mar 4, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #93 of 472
I see you are trying to trade your Shangri La Jr for Stax 009. Did you not like the Shangri La, how did it compare to the Jade?

Flip back to page 6. I gave my comp between the 2. I actually love SJR, but now that i'm down a rabbit hole of eStat, and want to give the new 009S a try to see if its any good. It's much easier to get a SJR again vs ordering and waiting for 009S. I'm keeping the Jade. It's vastly different imo vs. the SJR that it deserves its own ownership.

Mar 12, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #94 of 472
By a miracle I got accepted into HiFiMAN's Jade II loaner program.
Hopefully I will be getting it by next week and then I have 2 weeks to spend with them.
I'm going to take this opportunity to write up an extensive review, as well as a comparison with the HEKv2.

This will be my first electrostatic headphone experience, so I'm pretty excited. :)

Mar 12, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #95 of 472
Hopefully I will be getting it by next week and then I have 2 weeks to spend with them.
I'm going to take this opportunity to write up an extensive review, as well as a comparison with the HEKv2.

This will be my first electrostatic headphone experience, so I'm pretty excited. :)
Saw that, you looked like you were the first to sign up. Well you can't sell your HEK V2 now! I was going to sign up, but about the time I got to the list I was so far down, I wouldn't get the loaner till sometime next year, if ever.

Mar 12, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #96 of 472
Saw that, you looked like you were the first to sign up. Well you can't sell your HEK V2 now! I was going to sign up, but about the time I got to the list I was so far down, I wouldn't get the loaner till sometime next year, if ever.

I know! I think I'll sell it if someone wants to buy it, but I just don't see that happening for some reason.

Mar 12, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #97 of 472
I know! I think I'll sell it if someone wants to buy it, but I just don't see that happening for some reason.
For what it's worth, i sold my HE1K V2 as soon as i compared the Jade2 vs. it. I'm also happy to finally see others getting a chance to audition these. Although I'm still highly skeptical the jade amp able to make the jade ii shine.

Mar 20, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #98 of 472

I'm picking it up here in the States today! I think I'm first in the US tour.

Mar 20, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #99 of 472
Mar 20, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #100 of 472
Someone should pick up my Shangri la JR. It's on super low discount price ATM! :)

Mar 20, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #102 of 472
Well it's close to $1000 off?

Mar 20, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #104 of 472
Good deal. JR is basically the electrostatic version of the Susvara. Go pick it up from him while you can :wink:
I have no need for that right now. I still didn't buy the Susvara. That has to come true before anything else. I hope this Jadeii system sounds any good. I didn't hear it a @ Canjam this year.

Mar 20, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #105 of 472
I have no need for that right now. I still didn't buy the Susvara. That has to come true before anything else. I hope this Jadeii system sounds any good. I didn't hear it a @ Canjam this year.

Guess you don't know? The Shangri la is better than the Susvara. You getting the much improve Susvara if you go and buy the JR!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back