Jade II Discussion
Mar 20, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #122 of 472
This is the tour from Hifiman.

I am also part of the North American tour. Eventually your pair will make it down to me :)

Please make more impressions. Also have you ever heard the HE6 before? if yes, need to know if it sounds the same or more refine and advance? Also more pictures please.

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #124 of 472
I am also part of the North American tour. Eventually your pair will make it down to me :)

Please make more impressions. Also have you ever heard the HE6 before? if yes, need to know if it sounds the same or more refine and advance? Also more pictures please.
I will handle more tomorrow. I will burn these in overnight.

Mar 22, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #125 of 472
I have the Jade II headphones and amp here. The appearance and presentation of the Jade is of very nice quality, a very clean look and good feel. The weight of the electrostatics is minimal and fits well on the head. The amp, takes up just the right amount of space for a desktop amp and I love the two outlets for headphones!

A brief sound impression:

To sound, very well layered, spatial information is well presented with a feel for the recording area. The nice thing about the combination of the amp and headphones is that there is no glare and the bass has a quality that goes deep and you don't feel like you are missing anything. Speed, they are electrostatics, so they have speed and realistic decay.

I have the HE6 and enjoy them. The Jade has more delicacy to the sound and again to the bass, a surprising deep control. There is a slight warmth to the sound so you aren't left with something sterile.

I will have it at the Phoenix meet this coming Saturday so if you are in the Pheonix area, it is worth listening to.

Mar 22, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #126 of 472
@jamato8
Here is a rare impression on my take on JADE 1:

Original JADE - presentation very tight, the control and the bass and mids tight and controlled.
The bass is there but not overwhelming, but is tight and controlled. I find the sound in your face but not impactful enough that is overwhelming. Because the sound is in your face, I find the jade to have a small soundstage. The stage is just around you. And this can make the headphone narrow and focus. But at the same time its very deep. And this leads me to the second best things about this headphone. The imagining and the mircodetails. Its on point and correct and accurate. Because of that, you can pick up all the small sudden detail on the left and right at micro levels.

@jamato8 onces you are ready can you compare everything I said about the original and see how the JADE II compares? And expand whats change?

Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #127 of 472
@jamato8
Here is a rare impression on my take on JADE 1:

Original JADE - presentation very tight, the control and the bass and mids tight and controlled.
The bass is there but not overwhelming, but is tight and controlled. I find the sound in your face but not impactful enough that is overwhelming. Because the sound is in your face, i find these have a small soundstage. The stage is just around you. And this can make this narrow and focus. But at the same time its very deep. And this leads me to the second best things about this headphone. The imagining and the mircodetails. Its on point and correct and accurate. Because of that, you can pick up all the small sudden detail on the left and right at micro levels.

@jamato8 onces you are ready can you compare everything I said about the original and see how the JADE II compares? And expand whats change?

Thanks

It will take a while but on sound stage, it has a nice size to it. It doesn't stretch imaging to the point that you also don't have a good feeling where the sound is coming from. There is also a nice layering. While closer than my other electrostatics I have here, and amp, the sound isn't really in your face and has a nice organic quality to the sound, which is important to me. I listen to a lot of live music and natural sound to clear my hearing, and the Jade II is dynamic and quite natural in its sound.

Mar 22, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #129 of 472
Yep, I can confirm your one is a brand new, fresh off the boat Jade 2 System.

Mark
How many hours should I get on it before it opens up all the way?

Mar 22, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #131 of 472
For me, there is a further refinement and a bit of opening up to around 50 hours. This is in comparison to other amps and phones so I have a baseline to go from and avoid the "brain" burn-in. Out of the box, the Jade II amp and electrostatic headphones sound good.

I have to say, that this is the 1st amp that my wife has said a number of times, That is a nice looking piece of equipment. She never cares and doesn't listen to headphones no matter how good the sound but she does admire the looks of the amp, so good going HiFiman on that! And I agree, it is very, very good looking and easy to work with.

Mar 22, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #132 of 472
For me, there is a further refinement and a bit of opening up to around 50 hours. This is in comparison to other amps and phones so I have a baseline to go from and avoid the "brain" burn-in. Out of the box, the Jade II amp and electrostatic headphones sound good.

I have to say, that this is the 1st amp that my wife has said a number of times, That is a nice looking piece of equipment. She never cares and doesn't listen to headphones no matter how good the sound but she does admire the looks of the amp, so good going HiFiman on that! And I agree, it is very, very good looking and easy to work with.
Too bad it's super weak. But the build is like a mini tank.

Mar 22, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #133 of 472
Mar 22, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #135 of 472
I have to max out the volume knob to get to a decent volume level.
That would be the input voltage then. That doesn't mean the amp is weak. Possibly more gain is needed for the source you are using or for the source, have a higher voltage out. I am listening to some Neil Young, Unplugged at around 11 to loud at 12 so there is a lot of travel left. On recordings that are recorded at a low gain, do have to go higher but that isn't the amp being weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back