Jade II Discussion
Feb 27, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #362 of 472
trefPFy.png

24h in on ownership, Cans/Amp produced in '19 nov. This is an A W E S O M E Combo!!
It's so weird reading older comments about this system. It simply blows my old Edition X V2/NordostHeimdall 2/Heed Elixir system to space.
Picked a simple song just to illustrate, what were these people smoking about bass. PRAT is wonderful on this system, LOL.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #363 of 472
my feelings when I first listened to the Jade were same as yours... to the point that I thought to have listened to a somewhat "non-standard" Jade since I was hearing something very different from what I was reading in the initial comments here... then the second Jade confirmed the first impressions, and I immediately boght one (in sept 19, don't know exactly when it has been made). I think one of the most enjoyable strengths of these cans is exactly prat and specifically in the bass (never heard an es cans with such extended, punchy, textured and defined bass)

Mar 1, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #364 of 472
NTJS4KT.png

Great listen in these Corona fear spreading times..

2eKlRSp.png

Just get comfortable and enjoy!

Mar 2, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #365 of 472
it is a very interesting combo, however is electrostatic signature, so maybe not for everyone.
Endegame? of course not, as was for the Utopia (and thousands posts), and hek1000 (and millions posts), ...another will arrive...

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #367 of 472
For Jade users, is the imaging and sound stage really special / different compared to high end dynamic / planar headphones ?
I never had estat before and I’m looking for an open, natural and lifelike headphone.
Any recommendations are welcome!

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #368 of 472
I think you are definately looking in the right direction. The traits you mention are there in spades. If possible have 2-3 listening sessions with Jade-II and the best DAC you can find in the shop. After that let your ears decide.

For me it was a bit of a "struggle" since I havent listened to an headphone that seemed to split internet so harsh. But for a moment, just let that forum angst go and listen, first session had me. Disregard the self-proclaimed know-it-alls (noise) out there and listen with your heart. Do you connect better with the singers and the performance?

Apr 4, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #369 of 472
For Jade users, is the imaging and sound stage really special / different compared to high end dynamic / planar headphones ?
I never had estat before and I’m looking for an open, natural and lifelike headphone.
Any recommendations are welcome!
I am still working on writing up my review.
For sound stage and imaging of Jade II, it is outstanding good, actually is the best of all the HPs that I have listened and own.

Apr 15, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #371 of 472
Strange how an headphone can divide such : some find it great, some find it horrible.

Apr 16, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #372 of 472
everyone has his own ears.... that's the first reason, and second reason is everyone has his own setup and like different music.
that said, with MY ears and MY setup and MY music, JadeII are the best headphones I have ever listened to, together with 009 (same league, but different in music presentation).

Apr 16, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #373 of 472
everyone has his own ears.... that's the first reason, and second reason is everyone has his own setup and like different music.
that said, with MY ears and MY setup and MY music, JadeII are the best headphones I have ever listened to, together with 009 (same league, but different in music presentation).

Which amp you use? Also which music do you listen with Jade ?

Apr 16, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #374 of 472
my feelings when I first listened to the Jade were same as yours... to the point that I thought to have listened to a somewhat "non-standard" Jade since I was hearing something very different from what I was reading in the initial comments here... then the second Jade confirmed the first impressions, and I immediately boght one (in sept 19, don't know exactly when it has been made). I think one of the most enjoyable strengths of these cans is exactly prat and specifically in the bass (never heard an es cans with such extended, punchy, textured and defined bass)
Can you please Name a few of the headphones you can compare them to, especially if you heard any planars before.

I usually read that the Jade2 are weak in the Bass Department (as basically all electrostats are)
Now you described that as a strong point of the Jade2.

Apr 17, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #375 of 472
Which amp you use? Also which music do you listen with Jade ?

Kevin Gilmore Grounded Grid with JJ 6CA7 tubes, sometimes I also use an old Stax T1W (fully conditioned to new with RCA Cleartop tubes).
I also had the Jade amplifier for some months and the BHSE for a couple of years (with SED =C= and Mullard XF2 tubes), but to my ears KG GG is better (this is of course only IMHO)
I tipically listen to Jazz and electronic music

Can you please Name a few of the headphones you can compare them to, especially if you heard any planars before.

I usually read that the Jade2 are weak in the Bass Department (as basically all electrostats are)
Now you described that as a strong point of the Jade2.

premise: I don't like blooming bass. I like defined, fast, textured bass.
I had in the past a Sony Z1R, and carefully listened to Abyss Phi, LCD3 and 4. never liked that kind of music presentation.
I currently own a planar HEKv2 (and some more other cans, see my sig). while HEK can unarguably go deeper than the Jade (not so much, but in a direct comparison is quite evident), this latter is much more detailed and textured in the bass, with same if not better impact. I like it much more than the HEKv2 in the bass quality specific parameter, it is much more exciting and funny to listen to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back