Jade II Discussion
Mar 29, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #181 of 472
can one use jade2 with my stax 007TII, what cable or adapter i need

Jade 2 / Shangri-la JR and SR all uses Stax 5 pin pro bias plugs. It will work with all Stax amps and 3rd parties!

This is not the Original Dr.Strangelove JADE 1 .

Mar 29, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #182 of 472
Anyone know of an amp that's like around $500 that would be able to run the JADE II well?

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #183 of 472
I'd like to know why they chose this type of headband.. maybe to reduce weight? This headphone does disappear on one's head, just like the Ether 2 does but with even less clamp force!

My entire room now has a very subtle, yet noticeable smell of something akin to gasoline from the plastic, or foam and whatnot. Thank God it is getting warmer outside and I can open the windows. I hope that this will go away with time.

I think the choice of the headband was indeed made for the best comfort :)

Anyone know of an amp that's like around $500 that would be able to run the JADE II well?

As for that, I don't think there exists any single one...

Mar 31, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #188 of 472
The high frequencies of this headphone impress me constantly. So smooth, yet so detailed and extended. Again, effortless -- BIG sound.

Mar 31, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #189 of 472
Sorry for the double-post, but here are some notes that I've taken while listening to this headphone:

• Effortless presentation – no harshness detected

• Can handle complex passages with ease

• Spacious, yet defined headspace

• Tight, punchy, subtly rounded sub-bass

• Smooth, detailed and extended highs

• Imaging is spot-on, yet not a highlight – it blends well

• Leans towards the mid to high frequencies

• The overall presentation can be intimate, yet spacious when needed
    • It seems forward as well, engaging
  • Instrument placement is easily discernable

• Vocals have bite – slight sibilance depending on the track

• Clean, clear, somewhat crisp sound with a bit of body

• Fatigue when listening is extended more than usual – but maybe this is normal for every headphone.

• Very detailed, and the details are brought forward – hearing new sounds/instruments in well-known tracks, yet it doesn’t distract from the coherency.

• Amazing for lower volume listening

• This headphone reminds me of a chameleon – it adapts to each track’s intended sound.

Apr 1, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #190 of 472
Sorry for the double-post, but here are some notes that I've taken while listening to this headphone:

• Effortless presentation – no harshness detected

• Can handle complex passages with ease

• Spacious, yet defined headspace

• Tight, punchy, subtly rounded sub-bass

• Smooth, detailed and extended highs

• Imaging is spot-on, yet not a highlight – it blends well

• Leans towards the mid to high frequencies

• The overall presentation can be intimate, yet spacious when needed
    • It seems forward as well, engaging
  • Instrument placement is easily discernable

• Vocals have bite – slight sibilance depending on the track

• Clean, clear, somewhat crisp sound with a bit of body

• Fatigue when listening is extended more than usual – but maybe this is normal for every headphone.

• Very detailed, and the details are brought forward – hearing new sounds/instruments in well-known tracks, yet it doesn’t distract from the coherency.

• Amazing for lower volume listening

• This headphone reminds me of a chameleon – it adapts to each track’s intended sound.

This reminds me exactly of how I hear Jade II!

Pretty much everything of this! :)

I'd also like to add that they have one of the lowest distortion I have ever seen in a Headphone system :)

I'm not talking about just detail here, but I can hear some stuff so clearly with Jade II it is insane. I don't notice a lot of burn-in quite yet, and I just got back my pair from @dusty.ro today. He didn't have time to make a Video and with the way things are going with my schedule, I'm not sure if I'll have time either in the time left, but I hope to do.

I never imagined a headphone could make me enjoy it so much at low volumes - I'm a metalhead who loves extremely violent music sometimes, but the way Jade II renders those is insane, so clear, so vivid, so detailed, yet never harsh nor distorted.

This being said, this won't be a headphone for electronic music, I think that Arya is a much better fit for electronic music, for example :)

Apr 1, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #191 of 472
This reminds me exactly of how I hear Jade II!

Pretty much everything of this! :)

I'd also like to add that they have one of the lowest distortion I have ever seen in a Headphone system :)

I'm not talking about just detail here, but I can hear some stuff so clearly with Jade II it is insane. I don't notice a lot of burn-in quite yet, and I just got back my pair from @dusty.ro today. He didn't have time to make a Video and with the way things are going with my schedule, I'm not sure if I'll have time either in the time left, but I hope to do.

I never imagined a headphone could make me enjoy it so much at low volumes - I'm a metalhead who loves extremely violent music sometimes, but the way Jade II renders those is insane, so clear, so vivid, so detailed, yet never harsh nor distorted.

This being said, this won't be a headphone for electronic music, I think that Arya is a much better fit for electronic music, for example :)
On many points I would tend to agree.

Today I am listening to Bach and the truth of timbre and the naturalness to the flow of music makes it a truly enjoyable experience. This is a normally recorded album I am listening to and at present I am at 12 o'clock on the volume. I can push it much higher but it would not be enjoyable. The headroom is excellent and are the instruments that emerge from a black background. Good stuff!

As to burn in, I do notice that with the amp, it took around 150 hours, most likely the caps to form and everything else to settle. I noticed a better transparency, more bass control and a larger soundfield.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #193 of 472
The only complaints I have so far is the squeakiness by the hinges and the cable -- I really don't like the material used -- so the build quality might be a concern for some, although it is extremely comfortable to wear.

These are AMAZING for gaming and movies.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #194 of 472
I inquired about an electrostatic amplifier for this headphone other than its original paired amp, and I won't say who told me, but they told me to stay far away from this headphone because of issues that they have been running into. :frowning2:

Apr 2, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #195 of 472
I inquired about an electrostatic amplifier for this headphone other than its original paired amp, and I won't say who told me, but they told me to stay far away from this headphone because of issues that they have been running into. :frowning2:

I had the amp and phones at a show, many people used it, and have been testing and using it for a few weeks now without issue. Also the comments at the show were that the Jade II combo was some of the best sound they have heard. One person kept asking his friends to come over and listen and he came back with his friend at least 4 times. It would be nice if some at the show would post their impressions, since this gives a more varied set of impressions than just me posting this but I do have images, which I guess I should post. I have also left the amp running 24/7 for days with zero issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back