Jade II Discussion
Apr 2, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #211 of 472
Screenshot_20190402-223849_TIDAL.jpg
This sounds beautiful on this system on some late night listening.

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #212 of 472
Yes, like deathcore, but instead of being a sub type of death metal, it is of crust and punk or hardcore :)

Here are a few examples :)

Psyopus is a really good example - although it may be more mathcore than math metal :)

Not sure that sounds like punk or hardcore but so be it. Lots of genres in metal that I can't keep up with.

I feel left out.......no Jade for me!

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #213 of 472
I'll write my review tomorrow. I think I put in tons of hours to know what I'll get out this.

CAn't wait to see your thoughts. My review is still in work... :)

Not sure that sounds like punk or hardcore but so be it. Lots of genres in metal that I can't keep up with.

I feel left out.......no Jade for me!

Woah, I hope you'll eventually get to hear them!

Also, no worries! I just tend to explore the metal, I typically also listen to more traditional metal, think about Ozzy and Metallica :)

Apr 3, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #214 of 472
CAn't wait to see your thoughts. My review is still in work... :)

Woah, I hope you'll eventually get to hear them!

Also, no worries! I just tend to explore the metal, I typically also listen to more traditional metal, think about Ozzy and Metallica :)

I have heard them at Can Jam and thought they were the best electrostatic bargain, especially since I am not too fond of stats.....at least in headphones. I would like an extended period of time with them in a more quiet environment.

Me too. I am an old school metalhead having been in thrash bands, been on the NYC metal scene and played CBGB's several times back in the day.

Apr 3, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #215 of 472
Hello everyone,
This may of been brought up already at some point. but having seen a Jade 2 review on youtube. the reviewer mentioned that it hurt his hearing/ear and created lots of pressure where he lost hearing for a breif moment after using them.
This has caused some concern with me as i was intending to buy a Jade 2 set after demo'ing them at an audio show at the hifiman booth and enjoying them very much.

Has anyone experienced this ? is this a concern hifiman has made a statement on ? faulty batches?

Apr 3, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #216 of 472
Hello everyone,
This may of been brought up already at some point. but having seen a Jade 2 review on youtube. the reviewer mentioned that it hurt his hearing/ear and created lots of pressure where he lost hearing for a breif moment after using them.
This has caused some concern with me as i was intending to buy a Jade 2 set after demo'ing them at an audio show at the hifiman booth and enjoying them very much.

Has anyone experienced this ? is this a concern hifiman has made a statement on ? faulty batches?

I haven't experienced this, but someone mentioned that he took it outside in bad weather conditions and THAT could have been the reason behind it. I also believe that HiFiMAN addressed this issue somewhere on the internet and debunked it.

Seriously though, who takes an electrostatic headphone outside in bad weather conditions for the sake of a video?

Apr 3, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #217 of 472
I haven't experienced this, but someone mentioned that he took it outside in bad weather conditions and THAT could have been the reason behind it. I also believe that HiFiMAN addressed this issue somewhere on the internet and debunked it.

Seriously though, who takes an electrostatic headphone outside in bad weather conditions for the sake of a video?
Woah Woah! he took it outside??? that wasnt mentioned in the video... yeah thats pretty much his own fault if thats the case.
I dont even think its possible to take a setup like that outside. are there even portable electrostatic amps? lol

Apr 3, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #218 of 472
Woah Woah! he took it outside??? that wasnt mentioned in the video... yeah thats pretty much his own fault if thats the case.
I dont even think its possible to take a setup like that outside. are there even portable electrostatic amps? lol

There are, actually! You can see in one of his videos that he's standing outside with it on while you can clearly see his breath because of the freezing weather..

Apr 3, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #219 of 472
There are, actually! You can see in one of his videos that he's standing outside with it on while you can clearly see his breath because of the freezing weather..
Thats... very misleading as a reviewer to make a video like that.

Guess i'll continue to save up my money so I can buy my Jade 2 with amp :wink: plug it into my ADI-2 DAC and bam music for years!

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #220 of 472

Not a very smart individual.

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #221 of 472
Just saw Hifimans video debunking the whole statement made by that youtuber. i also can't find the video he posted where hes showing himself outside with it. im assuming he took it down.

Heres the Hifiman explanation on why the Jade II is super super safe.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #222 of 472
Hello everyone,

I have been using the Jade II for a few weeks, took it to a meet where many people used it and there has been zero problem. They did like the sound, a lot.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #223 of 472
I know I came off a little harsh in regards to complaining about the volume and the bass. I wasn't used to a sound of this caliber in my own home. These are so effortless. Some electric guitar plucks sound out of this world. Depth, 3d image.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #224 of 472
I know I came off a little harsh in regards to complaining about the volume and the bass. I wasn't used to a sound of this caliber in my own home. These are so effortless. Some electric guitar plucks sound out of this world. Depth, 3d image.
I think many people go through the same thing. Sometimes you have to readjust to a new sound or color or any change. I used to play the sax. Different saxophones sound different and you either like it or don't or you work with it and realize sometimes, that the new sax really does have a quality you like and you work with it.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #225 of 472
Does anyone have another electrostatic headphone to compare to the Jade II?
I did try some Jazz last night, but some of it sounded a bit harsh.

Maybe this headphone isn't meant to be listened to at louder volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back