Jaben Hong Kong headphone store sells fakes?
Jun 2, 2011 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bassophile

100+ Head-Fier
I was in Hong Kong a couple of weeks ago and bought an Audio Technica M50 from a shop called Jaben which is a niche store where it seems people go to audition and buy headphones including some very expensive (HD800) ones.

Does anyone know if they're known for selling fakes as I'd be pretty disappointed if my Audio Technica turned out to be fake. I know you have to be wary in China of fakes...

Jun 2, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #4 of 9
Jaben has a good reputation here, I doubt they would be selling fakes. Audio Technica changed the box design of the M50 recently. What makes you think they are fakes?

Jun 2, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Nothing other than the fact I bought them in China.

HK is one of the best audiophile cities to audition headphones and audio equipment. You should already know that if you have really been there.

Jun 2, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 9
Audio Technica has a full office in Hong Kong and their HK products should have a special warranty information/genuine product seal on the box (there was one on my W1000X).  If you are still unsure just contact their HK office for a confirmation.  Plus if the shop sell fakes then you should let AT know so they can bust their ass too (contrary to popular belief, Hong Kong *does* respect IP laws and the government *does* assist in take down of fake products).  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back