Jaben Fear...
Jul 18, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #151 of 204

Quote:
yeah, but i want isolation and yes, i am heading down to Jaben at the earliest possible chance i get... going to fetch a relative later so no time... by the way, does anyone here use Audiclean? i use it regularly but i'm afraid its actually bad for my hearing...^^
actually, i had my heart set on the ER4p at first... then somehow, i changed my mind... i really must get a chance to listen to them... how i wish there's a school holiday now... and that my second round of tests aren't starting this monday.... man it sucks!!!

also i had a chance to listen to the hd6** can't quite remember the number but i remember not being very impressed by them... but the encounter was like 15min long... ^^

Not sure how bad it is for your hearing, but it is in theory, better than using cotton buds. And its a lot better for clearing wax out as well. My personal experience of course.

Jul 18, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #152 of 204

Quote:

My audiologist with 35 yrs of experience told me that an average person's ear canal stop changing after around 18 yrs old. But once one gets old, then the tissue and skin will loosen up a lil' bit.

I was assuming she was less than 18
biggrin.gif
Should have clarified.

Jul 18, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #153 of 204

Quote:
I was assuming she was less than 18
biggrin.gif
Should have clarified.

I don't think you got it wrong. She did say that she studies in a girls' school and (if I'm not wrong), Singapore only has girls' schools in the primary/secondary level, which puts her age at or below 16.

Jul 19, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #155 of 204
After reading what you post i decide to come back as a keyboard-warrior, lol.. few months ago my friend introduce me to jaben's forum and slowly i getting poison by all those audio stuff and eventually i got myself a UE700 at Plaza Singapura's Stereo. but now as my poison is getting fatal i got the urge to head down to jaben and try out EVERY single thing they had.. but here comes the problem... currently a NSF which got my wallet restrain and i can only try and not buy =.=!!! so i scared i might get the "that-kind-of-look" for window shopping SOOOOO LONG(i predict) and not buying any stuff. in the end... 2 months and i still haven't went to jaben's store before =.=!!!

i'm pairing my UE700 with just a KUBE!!! ( 7 eleven can buy those type ) It cannot produce the sound that i wanted thanks the stupid kube now i'm trying to save like $3000-$4000 and head down to jaben to get something like a imod? amp(don't know which 1 to choose) and MUST be a JH16 cause it's like a all-in-one IEM..

i know it's off-topic but this is the only few places where i can express my interest out.. by saying i want to spend $4000 on this kind of stuff all of you might think it's worthwhile but not the rest of my friends... when i tell them stuff about this they just "huh? u just spend more than $200 on a earpiece, are you out of your mind?" after hearing that i felt like my heart got stabbed.... badly and now thinking back i'm still hurt.

Jul 19, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #157 of 204
lolz.. yeah~ i think it's kinda damaging my UE700 and now i only use on psp to play DJ max portable : Hot Tunez. even my DJ max is producing better SQ than the KUBE... i think is due to the noise that i hate in KUBE =.=!!!

Jul 19, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #158 of 204

Quote:Originally Posted by EXTREMIST90 After reading what you post i decide to come back as a keyboard-warrior, lol.. few months ago my friend introduce me to jaben's forum and slowly i getting poison by all those audio stuff and eventually i got myself a UE700 at Plaza Singapura's Stereo. but now as my poison is getting fatal i got the urge to head down to jaben and try out EVERY single thing they had.. but here comes the problem... currently a NSF which got my wallet restrain and i can only try and not buy =.=!!! so i scared i might get the "that-kind-of-look" for window shopping SOOOOO LONG(i predict) and not buying any stuff. in the end... 2 months and i still haven't went to jaben's store before =.=!!!

i'm pairing my UE700 with just a KUBE!!! ( 7 eleven can buy those type ) It cannot produce the sound that i wanted thanks the stupid kube now i'm trying to save like $3000-$4000 and head down to jaben to get something like a imod? amp(don't know which 1 to choose) and MUST be a JH16 cause it's like a all-in-one IEM..
i know it's off-topic but this is the only few places where i can express my interest out.. by saying i want to spend $4000 on this kind of stuff all of you might think it's worthwhile but not the rest of my friends... when i tell them stuff about this they just "huh? u just spend more than $200 on a earpiece, are you out of your mind?" after hearing that i felt like my heart got stabbed.... badly and now thinking back i'm still hurt.

Ooooh boy. If you honestly think you NEED to spend over 1000, you misinterpreted us. That's a bit of an extremist (:wink:) outlook. And don't let friends hurt you. You love your music and that's all that's important. As a sidenote, I hope you're a girl too. If you're a dude...you really need to toughen up. You should upgrade your dap before even considering upgrading headphones. And what sound were you after?

Jul 19, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #160 of 204
Well I'm currently in NS as well....

Took me 3 months + some personal savings to get my 13s.

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #161 of 204

Quote:Originally Posted by EXTREMIST90 first of all i'm a guy lolz.. i'm after the BASS!!! but i want the mids and highs to balance out.  yeah, i'm targeting for my source 1st. (imod)

First, toughen up :p Don't let belligerent comments phase you.

And if you want bass, why'd you get the 700? It's not really known for that. The Monster Turbine Pro Copper does bass and the rest of the spectrum well though. But like I told Alyssa, you don't need to spend so much on a portable setup. I think it's silly to be honest. Especially now since the portable market is booming and new products are being announced quickly. For example, the Protector, which was once at the top of the heap, now has a big (maybe little? doubt it though considering the SR71A) brother called the SR71B. And imo, most nice daps have more sound in common than different. And since you're a newbie, you might not be able to even hear drastic differences between an imod setup and say a Cowon S9. I never found too much value in the imod either. $250 for a mod one can do themselves? And a portable amp added on makes it barely portable. Usually, unless you're never home, a bigger part of your money would be better served in a fullsized headphone setup. But if you feel you NEED a $4000 portable setup that's somewhat easy to misplace, do what you feel is right.

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #162 of 204

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by EXTREMIST90 first of all i'm a guy lolz.. i'm after the BASS!!! but i want the mids and highs to balance out.  yeah, i'm targeting for my source 1st. (imod)

First, toughen up :p Don't let belligerent comments phase you.

And if you want bass, why'd you get the 700? It's not really known for that. The Monster Turbine Pro Copper does bass and the rest of the spectrum well though. But like I told Alyssa, you don't need to spend so much on a portable setup. I think it's silly to be honest. Especially now since the portable market is booming and new products are being announced quickly. For example, the Protector, which was once at the top of the heap, now has a big (maybe little? doubt it though considering the SR71A) brother called the SR71B. And imo, most nice daps have more sound in common than different. And since you're a newbie, you might not be able to even hear drastic differences between an imod setup and say a Cowon S9. I never found too much value in the imod either. $250 for a mod one can do themselves? And a portable amp added on makes it barely portable. Usually, unless you're never home, a bigger part of your money would be better served in a fullsized headphone setup. But if you feel you NEED a $4000 portable setup that's somewhat easy to misplace, do what you feel is right.

Exactly! Now hand over all your savings!

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #163 of 204
But yes, you don't have to spend a million to hear a million's value worth of sound (though you could just for peace of mind). There are a lot of bargains out there now. Even with the expensive headphones out there now, there are people that believe cheaper models are better, etc. What's important is that you like the sound coming out of the earphones/headphones.

Jul 19, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #164 of 204
Quote:
currently a NSF

I'm guessing you  intend to bring your rig into camp? I don't know what your unit or camp is like, but if you haven't already, consider the possibility that stuff might get stolen. When I was a NSF, no way I would have dared bringing a few K worth of stuff into camp. People stole by breaking into lockers all the time.

I haven't heard many phones... but for bass on a budget, FA eterna (SGD$95) and AT CKS90 (SGD$200) have stood out to me. You should try them out, maybe save you a few grand so you can eat properly :D

edit: how much do NSF get these days? $400/month? I have to agree with your friends, spending a year's worth of "salary" for something that might get stolen seems like something you might regret later... but if you feel it's worth it, then it is :)

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #165 of 204
lolz.. the thing is what i want to get really cost a bomb.. i wanna get a imod due to the need of SQ and capacity although the SQ might still be inferior to some other sources.. i also have consider of Cowon j3/s9 this 2 seem like a nice player with good playback hours and for my UE700 i just brought for fun and it's my 1st ever earpiece that sound so nice.. that's why i keep getting poison from the forum cause it's seem like the UE700 didn't bring out the full potential of a IEM.. i get $600 for been in the combat unit so i have combat allowance + rish pay + 1 year solider (only $20~ lol...) but 2-3 months later i will get my 2nd year combat shoot and ippt allowance.. meaning i can get my source within this 2-3 months... IEM and AMP i can slowly decide.. without a good source even if you have the world highest-end rig there's no point..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back