Jaben Fear...
Jul 19, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #166 of 204

Quote:
lolz.. the thing is what i want to get really cost a bomb.. i wanna get a imod due to the need of SQ and capacity although the SQ might still be inferior to some other sources.. i also have consider of Cowon j3/s9 this 2 seem like a nice player with good playback hours and for my UE700 i just brought for fun and it's my 1st ever earpiece that sound so nice.. that's why i keep getting poison from the forum cause it's seem like the UE700 didn't bring out the full potential of a IEM.. i get $600 for been in the combat unit so i have combat allowance + rish pay + 1 year solider (only $20~ lol...) but 2-3 months later i will get my 2nd year combat shoot and ippt allowance.. meaning i can get my source within this 2-3 months... IEM and AMP i can slowly decide.. without a good source even if you have the world highest-end rig there's no point..

But the imMod will always just be a $100 iPod with some extra soldering in my eyes. You could get a J3 with a big SD card. Or an iPod 5.5 gen the you can perform the modding to and put a 240GB hard drive in it.

If you want the full potential of an IEM, you'll never get it. There will always be bigger and better. Don't have envy for other people's gear. Just be happy with what you have. You could probably sell your UE700 to have some extra money. But I also suggest the Eterna. There's no point in having the "best" in the portable world. It's 99% of the time overkill for what you're using it for. Again, put most of your money in a home system. You'll hear more benefits. Portable setups are just easy to lose.

Jul 19, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #167 of 204
Frankly speaking, I think the S9 and Clip+'s sound is at least on par - if not slightly losing out the my iMod + Pico combination in terms of the soundstage and bass extension.

Then again I didn't have the S9 for long - so I couldn't exactly play with the BBE enhancers it has

edit1: i realised I'm now a legal adult.

Jul 19, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #168 of 204

Quote:
After reading what you post i decide to come back as a keyboard-warrior, lol.. few months ago my friend introduce me to jaben's forum and slowly i getting poison by all those audio stuff and eventually i got myself a UE700 at Plaza Singapura's Stereo. but now as my poison is getting fatal i got the urge to head down to jaben and try out EVERY single thing they had.. but here comes the problem... currently a NSF which got my wallet restrain and i can only try and not buy =.=!!! so i scared i might get the "that-kind-of-look" for window shopping SOOOOO LONG(i predict) and not buying any stuff. in the end... 2 months and i still haven't went to jaben's store before =.=!!!

i'm pairing my UE700 with just a KUBE!!! ( 7 eleven can buy those type ) It cannot produce the sound that i wanted thanks the stupid kube now i'm trying to save like $3000-$4000 and head down to jaben to get something like a imod? amp(don't know which 1 to choose) and MUST be a JH16 cause it's like a all-in-one IEM..

i know it's off-topic but this is the only few places where i can express my interest out.. by saying i want to spend $4000 on this kind of stuff all of you might think it's worthwhile but not the rest of my friends... when i tell them stuff about this they just "huh? u just spend more than $200 on a earpiece, are you out of your mind?" after hearing that i felt like my heart got stabbed.... badly and now thinking back i'm still hurt.

One thing in life everybody must learn if they want to live with others without too many problems - if you feel that what you're doing/buying is right, ignore other people's opinion(s).

Asking people with no interest in, and appreciation for stuff in such stuff, most of the time (especially in a lovely place like Singapore), the best you'll get away with is a raised eyebrow or questions; the worst, a barrage of questions, people questioning your sanity, maybe insults like that.

It takes exercising of some personal judgment for things like that. But you're NSF now - letting things like that stab your heart is a no-no. Time to be a man!
I'm sorry for imposing what society expects of a man on you; but we're born a gender that has to shoulder more responsibility. You have to be strong for others.

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #169 of 204

Why would the recorder not be an instrument? Because it's small? No wait there are huge recorders... Because it's plastic? No wait, the good ones are wooden. Because they're cheap? Oh wait, the good ones aren't. Because they're easy to play? Yes, at first, but difficult to play _well_.

I know people who had that as their major instrument. It's a fine member of the woodwind arsenal. Don't let anyone make you think any instrument is a toy. It's only a toy if you play it like one.

A violin is small and has only 4 strings. Is it a toy? Of course not.

Welcome to team Girl-fi! Remember, guys are people too. You're a person, they are people, and you are equal. 
happy_face1.gif

Quote:
does the recorder count? nah, on second thought no... i'm planning on starting with the violin, but i also love the recorder so i need sometime to think it over, at the end of this year cuz i'm currently too burned out to do anything...( my own fault, i signed up for everything that came my way but... how can i not? i have a strong interest in all these stuff...) and while i don't know what your definition of good ears are... i can pretty much tell if someone(pointing finger at my sis) is playing out of tune and stuff like that(but then again, hearing my sis play the keyboard would cause your ears to bleed) by the way, is it ok if you just call me Alyssa or Belle cuz the both happen to be my name(not full though... my full one is a bit more than twice the length of AB...^^) and regarding your last comment, i think some people are just unable to hear the difference or they don't care cuz while i hate the fact that when i listen to my headphones and i hear weird stuff that should not be there(like when i'm listening to blue moon and the woman's voice just seems to be, for a lack of a better word, coloured and when i listen to stuff like Bon Jovi's Its My Life, i don't feel awake... just normal) and get irritated, my mum and sis just stared at me weirdly and said that there was nothing wrong with my headphones...(and then, thank the gods my sis started to use my headphones to listen to herself while she play the keyboard^^) opps! long post...

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #170 of 204

Quote:
Why would the recorder not be an instrument? Because it's small? No wait there are huge recorders... Because it's plastic? No wait, the good ones are wooden. Because they're cheap? Oh wait, the good ones aren't. Because they're easy to play? Yes, at first, but difficult to play _well_.

I know people who had that as their major instrument. It's a fine member of the woodwind arsenal. Don't let anyone make you think any instrument is a toy. It's only a toy if you play it like one.

She actually gave me reason to find my cheap plastic recorder a few days ago. It certainly is harder to play well than I thought. Having a harder time with a few of the highest and lowest notes than with the "hard" notes on my saxophone.

Alyssa, care to demonstrate your playing skills if you have a microphone laying around? You get a cookie if you can play Flight of the Bumblebee
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #171 of 204
I guess I generalized there myself. I've got an Aulos I think it is, and it's plastic and pretty well gig worthy. I'm so out of practice though. If the OP can't, then maybe I could do a very very slow elderly Bumblebee taking flight. 
bigsmile_face.gif
 I don't play enough to warrant the care and feeding of a wooden one.

The whole instrument as a toy thing grinded my gears because I'm a uke player, and because it's small and has 4 strings and only the badly made ones are readily available in shops... it gets relegated to toy status. 
angry_face.gif

I wonder how her IEM search is going. It'd be a lot easier if the sex of the people employed by the shop wasn't such an Issue.

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #172 of 204
No, they were unamped if i am correct. straight from an apple iTouch. The Mona Lisa is an interesting painting in which i do not wish to stare at while falling asleep...^^ imagine the dreams i'm sure to have! and i think i will take what you have said in consideration and perhaps start from slightly near the bottom of the staircase...^^ maybe... but if i buy say 5 IEMs that cost say a hundred just to try them out and i discover that...never mind... i apologize for the slightly dead reply, i just completed my chinese exam... dying, dying, dead.

Quote:

Think you mean the Sennheiser HD-650? It's normal that you weren't impressed especially if you have had no prior experience with better quality equipment. It's not like you could be impressed with the Mona Lisa upon looking at it without prior experience with good paintings, however good that painting may be. The same analogy can be applied to audio equipment.

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #175 of 204
lol! it seems to me as kinda weird to pair such a expensive earphone with such a cheap and apparently bad DAP as would that not defeat the purpose of getting it in the first place? BTW, is it ok if i ask how Ishcabible came by this nickname? it brings a smile to my face every time i see it...^^

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by EXTREMIST90 After reading what you post i decide to come back as a keyboard-warrior, lol.. few months ago my friend introduce me to jaben's forum and slowly i getting poison by all those audio stuff and eventually i got myself a UE700 at Plaza Singapura's Stereo. but now as my poison is getting fatal i got the urge to head down to jaben and try out EVERY single thing they had.. but here comes the problem... currently a NSF which got my wallet restrain and i can only try and not buy =.=!!! so i scared i might get the "that-kind-of-look" for window shopping SOOOOO LONG(i predict) and not buying any stuff. in the end... 2 months and i still haven't went to jaben's store before =.=!!!

i'm pairing my UE700 with just a KUBE!!! ( 7 eleven can buy those type ) It cannot produce the sound that i wanted thanks the stupid kube now i'm trying to save like $3000-$4000 and head down to jaben to get something like a imod? amp(don't know which 1 to choose) and MUST be a JH16 cause it's like a all-in-one IEM..
i know it's off-topic but this is the only few places where i can express my interest out.. by saying i want to spend $4000 on this kind of stuff all of you might think it's worthwhile but not the rest of my friends... when i tell them stuff about this they just "huh? u just spend more than $200 on a earpiece, are you out of your mind?" after hearing that i felt like my heart got stabbed.... badly and now thinking back i'm still hurt.

Ooooh boy. If you honestly think you NEED to spend over 1000, you misinterpreted us. That's a bit of an extremist (:wink:) outlook. And don't let friends hurt you. You love your music and that's all that's important. As a sidenote, I hope you're a girl too. If you're a dude...you really need to toughen up. You should upgrade your dap before even considering upgrading headphones. And what sound were you after?

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #176 of 204
erm... because i too was looking for earphone, i came across the hippo shroom or hippo something which according to reviews, have way enough BASS(to quote you) and also does the highs and mids well, maybe i should look at the hippo VB myself... can anyone comment on the amount of noise isolation?

Quote:
lolz.. the thing is what i want to get really cost a bomb.. i wanna get a imod due to the need of SQ and capacity although the SQ might still be inferior to some other sources.. i also have consider of Cowon j3/s9 this 2 seem like a nice player with good playback hours and for my UE700 i just brought for fun and it's my 1st ever earpiece that sound so nice.. that's why i keep getting poison from the forum cause it's seem like the UE700 didn't bring out the full potential of a IEM.. i get $600 for been in the combat unit so i have combat allowance + rish pay + 1 year solider (only $20~ lol...) but 2-3 months later i will get my 2nd year combat shoot and ippt allowance.. meaning i can get my source within this 2-3 months... IEM and AMP i can slowly decide.. without a good source even if you have the world highest-end rig there's no point..

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #177 of 204
hmm... my bumblebee would probably never take flight... unless someone could provide the sheet music? like i said, i only learned it in school which means i only know the bare basics but its surprising what i can play on it with only that^^ no mikes though... sides... i would never upload it...-blush- its good enough for me but probably not anyone else save my mum and only then because she's my mum she'll say all the right things^^

Quote:
I guess I generalized there myself. I've got an Aulos I think it is, and it's plastic and pretty well gig worthy. I'm so out of practice though. If the OP can't, then maybe I could do a very very slow elderly Bumblebee taking flight. 
bigsmile_face.gif
 I don't play enough to warrant the care and feeding of a wooden one.

The whole instrument as a toy thing grinded my gears because I'm a uke player, and because it's small and has 4 strings and only the badly made ones are readily available in shops... it gets relegated to toy status. 
angry_face.gif

I wonder how her IEM search is going. It'd be a lot easier if the sex of the people employed by the shop wasn't such an Issue.

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #178 of 204
whao under 16, a female audiophile in singapore. how rare is this.

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #179 of 204
But you see Ishcabible, i want to do all my listening on my portable cuz there really is no space left in my house... and room. i have way too much stuff...from teddy bears to balloons bought since i was really really tiny... and sides, i think i prefer earphones to headphones... they just seem to be more of interest to me... does that make sense? nah...^^

Quote:

But the imMod will always just be a $100 iPod with some extra soldering in my eyes. You could get a J3 with a big SD card. Or an iPod 5.5 gen the you can perform the modding to and put a 240GB hard drive in it.

If you want the full potential of an IEM, you'll never get it. There will always be bigger and better. Don't have envy for other people's gear. Just be happy with what you have. You could probably sell your UE700 to have some extra money. But I also suggest the Eterna. There's no point in having the "best" in the portable world. It's 99% of the time overkill for what you're using it for. Again, put most of your money in a home system. You'll hear more benefits. Portable setups are just easy to lose.

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #180 of 204

Quote:
But you see Ishcabible, i want to do all my listening on my portable cuz there really is no space left in my house... and room. i have way too much stuff...from teddy bears to balloons bought since i was really really tiny... and sides, i think i prefer earphones to headphones... they just seem to be more of interest to me... does that make sense? nah...^^

Drop by Jaben, have a listen to whatever you can, be it low-fi, mid-fi, hi-fi (cost wise) and make a decision on your own. I reckon you'd be surprised how much mid-fi is closer to hi-fi via law of diminishing returns. That being said, IEMs offer more headroom, headphones go more towards an outside of your head experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back