J.K. Rowling left out one detail in her Harry Potter books...
Oct 20, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #31 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't for the life of me understand why so many people think that it's so inappropriate to expose children to the concept of same-sex relationships. It's not like were talking about graphic descriptions of gay sex here! Lord knows heterosexual relationships are the subject of plenty of children's literature and movies; why would including a gay love story from time to time be so bad?
confused.gif

I think it has a lot to do with people's religious views on the subject. That's all I'm gonna say.

Oct 21, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #32 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it has a lot to do with people's religious views on the subject. That's all I'm gonna say.

It also has a lot to do with what is DESIGNED to go where, and that's all I'm gonna say.

Laz

Oct 21, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #33 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It also has a lot to do with what is DESIGNED to go where, and that's all I'm gonna say.

My body was designed to farm land, and that sure as hell ain't gonna happen.

Oct 21, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #35 of 78
I don't think so, it hasn't touched on any forum rules insofar asi ascertain.

Let me throw in a juxtaposition for those who are reading this thread on head-fi though.

What would it mean to any of you if I was forward with the fact that I am gay?

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #36 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nothing. You're just a Duggeh, whatever that is.

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #37 of 78
Quote:

Let me throw in a juxtaposition for those who are reading this thread on head-fi though.

Explains the avatar......just kidding
blink.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #38 of 78
Quote:

About as much as if you told me that you were Irish, or American, or deaf, or super intelligent, or a robot, or a doctor, or a computer programmer, or white, or made of chocolate pudding.

For the record, I am, or have been, two or more of the things on that list. In fact the only thing that makes me look twice is anyone who insists that they are "normal".

OK I lied - I would find it quite fascinating if you were made of chocolate pudding...

GAD

Oct 21, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #39 of 78
Quote:

I'd congratulate you on the fact that you have the courage to exclaim you're gay in the homophobic society of today.

Aside from that, nothing at all.

Oct 21, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #40 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK I lied - I would find it quite fascinating if you were made of chocolate pudding...

Delicious pudding Duggeh. So gay, so chocolaty.

Oct 21, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #41 of 78
Quote:

that depends on what you mean by forward... do you mean as in coming out and saying "i'm gay" and then moving on with life... or constantly reminding us of the fact almost to the point that someone might think you are using gay as a way to get attention (i know too many people who take every chance to remind you that they are gay (or some other thing that they think makes them special))

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #42 of 78
Quote:

not the gay discussion...but it was getting into religion, which is banned here. moved away from it nicely, though...thanks to you
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #43 of 78
Wow, my life is complete now-- I knew something was missing. I guess the fact that a fake, made up character's sexual preference can cause such a stir is an attribute to the mega-success of Harry Potter but it seems pretty much a non-issue to me. Now if President Bush came out of the closet, that'd be a whole 'nother story.

Oct 21, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #44 of 78
Quote:

It would confirm my suspicions
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #45 of 78
Personally, I don't think Rowling had that backstory in mind when she wrote the books. I think she wanted to shock and awe, which is what she did at the press conference. She's so rich by this point she just wants to screw around with people. I don't get all the controversy anyway...no one ever questioned Dumbledore's sexuality before this, but now that she said it like it was an abnormality, there's an uproar.
rolleyes.gif

Next week's press release: Professor McGonagal is a lesbian!
basshead.gif
and Harry is the product of inbreeding! lets continue making up plot elements after the books are published Ms. Rowling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back