J.K. Rowling left out one detail in her Harry Potter books...
Oct 20, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #2 of 78
LMAO.

Oct 20, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #3 of 78
In my professional career, I've met more than a few successful lawyers, investment bankers and business people that I've subsequently learned are gay. These people are not defined by the fact that they are homosexual, though I suppose I've discovered this fact about them because other people like to chatter about such things.

I suppose Dumbledore, while a fictional character, is also defined by his position and accomplishments rather than his sexual preference. This is consistent with my experience with real life people. I find it interesting that a children's book author has chosen to describe something that I've found to be true in real life through a fictional, magical character.

Best regards,

-Jason

Oct 20, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #5 of 78
I think this makes the books more interesting but that's just me.

Oct 20, 2007 at 12:31 PM Post #9 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well maybe if Gandalf was a gay and had a crush on Legolas, maybe I'd be a bit disturbed.

LMAO.

And what about the 'close' relationship between Harry and Dumbledore? Seems creepy to me now... more of a 'closet' relationship
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #10 of 78
more interested in what she really wanted to say about Aberforth and his goats... not the version for an eight year old

Oct 20, 2007 at 1:01 PM Post #11 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So will parents still encourage reading Harry Potter?

exactly, the very reason she didnt and shouldnt bring it into young childrens (and me)'s books

she would loose a lot of sales.

would affect the squeaky clean for all the family reputation.

Oct 20, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #14 of 78
I know the book series is over, but the movies are still being filmed. I wonder if the future HP movies will show the new and improved Dumbledore--would be worth a watch
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #15 of 78
Quote:

And what about the 'close' relationship between Harry and Dumbledore? Seems creepy to me now... more of a 'closet' relationship .

Thats pretty tasteless. Just because the guy is gay doesnt make him a pedophile.

As for Gandalf, DJ Mocock you do know Ian Mckellan is gay right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back