I've learned 3 important things today
Aug 8, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #16 of 91
I too hope that you are doing well. I hope that there isn't too much of a lasting effect either (injury, costs related to the collision, etc.). I hope that your insurance pays for all related costs etc., but its good to know that whatever the case, you are OK.

Aug 8, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #17 of 91
Sorry guys I typed that up from a bed in the ER and my phone died right after. I'm back home and generally ok but pretty pissed that so many stupid people get licenses. A guy was trying to catch a light that was turning red and plowed right into me. Then tried to insist I had a red light and was on the phone...

Aug 8, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #19 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrOutside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you say they "caught you in your panties"... did you have your cans out?
(the k701 of course)

lmao I needed that

Aug 8, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #20 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lmao I needed that

I think I need a job in the medical industry...
[size=xx-small] glad to see you are ok[/size]

Aug 8, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #23 of 91
It's good to hear you're well enough to post from your ER bed. If the car is still drivable I'm thinking "Cash for Clunkers".
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #24 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you hooked up with 5 doctors then? :wink:

I always wear my special pair of panties just in case I run into 5 doctors. Stop using your car to attract a mate.
tongue.gif

Glad to hear you're doing well enough to text while in the ER. Could have been much worse and we are happy nothing happened to our little Gatto.

Aug 8, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #25 of 91
"When you say they "caught you in your panties"... did you have your cans out?"
biggrin.gif
lol

I'm glad that you were not seriously injured Gatto.

My T bone was in 2002, Christmas Eve. A woman in a white Mustang was obviously in too much of a hurry to take care before pulling away from a stop sign. I would always call this the "Intersection Of Death". Since then the city has installed traffic lights.

I spun the car 180 degrees...never did see where her wheel went...I was driving the red truck.The woman was not seriously injured.

1097881308044175878S600x600Q85.jpg

Aug 8, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #26 of 91
Quote:

always get ready in the morning like there is a chance 5 doctors will see you in your panties.

I have yet to figure out if it's just a southern thing or what, but there's a bit of granny advice that is prolific round here: Always make sure you wear clean underwear. Originally, I thought the idiom was coined to promote sanitation. Turns out I was wrong. It's to prevent embarrassment at the ER. Who knew.

I'm glad you weren't squashed-up badly.

Aug 8, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #27 of 91
Glad you're ok!

Quote:

Then tried to insist I had a red light and was on the phone...

This is the part that really riles me up! Since when does a human being first think "oh my god, I'd better lie to avoid liability" rather than "aargh! I'd better check that she is ok!"

I have actually served as a witness to car accidents on several occasions (just to the responding offer, not in any court)...and it is amazing how many people are, deep down, unscrupulous pieces of spit. Until a witness shows up and corroborates the true story of the one who was hit/injured/property-damaged. So to all you chickenspits out there...we are watching, and lying makes us angry.

Aug 8, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #29 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Posting to head-fi from an ER bed shows serious dedication.

thats what i was thinking...quit posting and get better lol

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #30 of 91
Quote:

Sorry guys I typed that up from a bed in the ER and my phone died right after. I'm back home and generally ok but pretty pissed that so many stupid people get licenses. A guy was trying to catch a light that was turning red and plowed right into me. Then tried to insist I had a red light and was on the phone...

I assume you were making a left turn? Glad you're not seriously injured. Sounds like that guy was severely delayed by his attempt to get wherever he was going a little quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back