I've got a bad feeling about this: A "For Sale" trade going south
Jun 25, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #316 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stop for one minute and think about this. Look how upset and indignant you appear, all those angry words and bold letters.
Mule is the guy who is out his nice phones and stuck with what you sent him.

If they were really ok, why do you refuse to send them back? I'll tell you what here is one more chance, I will have Mule send me the Shures and I will deliver them to you at a place of your choosing, you won't have to lift a finger or pay a thing. If the Westones look as they should we'll be done. Whadya say?

Yeah the mob thing is wrong, but any community will protect their own!

Why would I reverse a trade if I traded for an item I wanted in the first place? Also, please do note that I wasn't the one who initiated the trade. Mule approached me about this.

Aside from that, am I Wal-Mart? Do I have an explicitly stated return policy? I have never claimed to have a return policy ever.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #317 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by FYDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would I reverse a trade if I traded for an item I wanted in the first place? Also, please do note that I wasn't the one who initiated the trade. Mule approached me about this.

Aside from that, am I Wal-Mart? Do I have an explicitly stated return policy? I have never claimed to have a return policy ever.

I can't wait until you're banned

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #318 of 412
Quote:

Why would I reverse a trade if I traded for an item I wanted in the first place?

Because he asked you to, because it was not an equitable trade.

I would like to see this locked, FYDave banned.

We should at least ignore him and this thread, start a new thread for those interested in chipping in to help offset Mules loss, and move on.

Bill K

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #319 of 412
Quote:

He was probably expecting something in pretty good condition considering the difference in street price...

C'mon, show good ethics. Most people would return an item if someone wanted it back.

But, if you continue to be thickheaded, anyone here want to show Matt Engstrom this thread? I'm sure he'd give TMM at least a discount towards a new one.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #320 of 412
The title states exactly what I'm going to be raving about.

These feminists I hear crying for absolute equality between men and women are absolutely full of it. They voice that they want things to be equal yet they also have made it obvious they don't want to lose the perks of being a woman.

A few examples.

1. How's about the legal system take a guy crying rape as seriously as a girl crying rape? In most cases, even a guy is acquitted of a rape charge, he gets a bad rap for it having come up in the first place.

2. How's about the woman NOT get half a guy's net worth in a divorce? That's such ********. It's damn near automatic that if a girl divorces a guy, even without children, she gets something out of it simply for having said yes and worn a white dress.

3. How's about the women be viewed and as generally accepted as being the breadwinners of society?

4. How's about girls start asking ME out more often? As it stands, the guys bear the burden of nearly all the risk in initiating interaction with a girl. They're the ones in that situation who have to fear rejection.

That's how I feel about it. Feminists want the equality but don't want to lose the benefits they enjoy. Most of them, anyways. Such ********.

Okay, I'm done for now.

------------------------------------

suggesting I read your thread didn't help your case

#2: you do realize during a divorce everything the couple owns is divided, if you believe everything belongs to the man well.. you already know you're a scumbag

#4: maybe if you weren't such a creepy little PITA you could get a girlfriend... aww I feel so bad for you

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #322 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just saying "I am not giving it back because Mule never asked me the condition" doesnt help, you are taking advantage of a known member here simply because he didn't ask 20 questions before making a trade, did you really think the community at large will say "OK, yeah its Mules fault, he should've asked" and just let it go when you are still here defending yourself?

Quite true. FYDave, this would be the equivalent to you and me agreeing to trade your car for my car and you giving me a pristine, well cared for vehicle while I give you a beat up late model with cracks in all the windows. You didn't ask so I didn't tell and I wouldn't see what the problem with that would be based on the fact that the car will still drive from Point A to Point B.

TheMarchingMule: I'm sorry to see this deal go as far downhill as it has. I would say that I hope the issue could be resolved, but looking at the previous 20 pages, looks like that isn't going to happen....

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #323 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He should be banned for using 2 identities. right?

You're STILL on that trip? I want you to contact a moderator and find out from them, quite conclusively, that I'm not both forum handles.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #324 of 412
This entire thread is Fail. FYDave has done some fail. Mule has done some fail. Sadly FYDave doesnt want to try and unfail. Though the funny part is in his sig it still says "FEEDBACK Coming soon!" Lawlerstakes at what his feedback will be like.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #325 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYDave is so low he could walk under a slug with room to spare.

haha this coming from a bottom dweller ?
wink.gif

and dave you've gone too far south with this, two wrongs don't make a right.
please come to your senses. look at what you've posted and ask yourself, why is it the 'mob's' fault for mm not getting his phones back when they are not the ones with it. it is true some of the words directed at you are not as kind as you would've like them to be but you and you alone directed the proverbial camel in this direction.

there is no point playing the 'rebel with the whole world is against me mentality', you still can remedy the situation as you have the phones and i hope you realise what you are doing is not ethical and swap them back.

"now given the resolution of many of you has been to harass me or what have you." shouldn't be used as a reasoning or excuse of any form.

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #326 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsRy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you truly feel that I'm obviously Dave, feel free to contact a mod about it. When they reply back to you saying that we've both used separate IPs, I hope that it gets through your thick skull that we're different people. Your mother should have had an abortion.

Damn! Some sink low trying to save their *****...
angry_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We should at least ignore him and this thread, start a new thread for those interested in chipping in to help offset Mules loss, and move on.

Bill K

Well said! He is already well placed in my ignore list, alongside 'ItsRy'...

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #327 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seeing as FUDave wants to trade, maybe I'll offer him one of my IE8 - the pr w/ the busted nozzle. Seems fair
biggrin.gif

(The W3's go back to Mule, of course. I'm no sheepskate)

So clearly missing flecks of paint = broken nozzle, right?
Has anyone in this thread actually looked at the pictures Mule posted? I see headphones that have a few blemishes, but nothing serious aside from the small crack in the rubber strain-relief. You're all acting like FYDave sent him non-working Shures, which as far as I'm aware (Mule still hasn't addressed this, surprisingly) they do indeed work.

I think what this issue comes down to is miscommunication. Dave sent Mule what he thought were completely fine used headphones. Apparently Mule (and most of the rest of you) disagree (assuming you actually looked at the pictures).

And as for what linuxworks said, "
punishing mule for the mob, here, is just WRONG. " would be an apt statement, at least had Mule not incited the mob in the first place. This trade turned from what was possibly a simple misunderstanding/miscommunication into an all-out war of words and intentions as soon as Mule posted this in the Member's Forum. At no point during this trade did Mule act appropriately. The main issue that I personally see with Mule is that he started a thread about it while he and Dave were still communicating. Dave had said that he'd send the phones out over the weekend, which he did.

Also, Honeyboy points out that he gave Dave "the benefit of the doubt"; that is something that Mule still has yet to do. He was quick to assume that Dave was a scammer, quick to post about it, and quick to cover his own ass. Judging by Dave's reaction, I'm sure this thread wasn't posed as, "hey, I'm nervous about the trade so I'm going to ask what the members think". Mule clearly came in here and started this thread so that if anything with the trade didn't go in his favor, he'd already have a mob behind him.

At the end of the day, what it boils down to is this: Mule now has functional headphones which aren't as aesthetically pleasing as he'd hope. He can replace the tips and funcionally speaking, they'll be as good as new. The fact that the headphones aren't as pretty as new headphones when they are, as expected, used headphones is not all that upsetting to me. Had FYDave pretended that they were new and then they arrived in this condition, yeah I'd be pissed. But, Mule knew that he was getting used phones and never expressed any kind of concern over their condition until he started having buyer's remorse. The simple fact here is that as much as Dave's been a jerk to Mule, Mule has deserved it in the way he has acted. I don't doubt that if Mule had actually been level-headed instead of starting this thread of personal attacks, he likely would have been able to get his headphones back. Unfortunately, he seems to consider bitching about the "awful cosmetic quality" to be more important than actually getting his phones back. If I was treated in a transaction as Dave had been, I'd be very pissed as well, and rightly so.

Throughout this whole process, Dave has been accomodating. He's apparently done his best to ship out the headphones, even asking a friend to drive him to the post office on the weekend. The post office doesn't deliver on the weekend, so Mule only waited about a week's worth of business days to get his phones. Dave was in communication with Mule the whole time. I could understand starting the thread if Dave wasn't responsive, but it seems as though he was. Even when Mule got the headphones, he had the option of contacting Dave and saying, "Hey, I'm not really satisfied with these, can we reverse the trade?" Instead, he decided to post pics in the thread and bitch some more instead of confronting Dave directly. Basically, if Mule had treated this trade like a mature adult, Dave likely would have continued to do the same. But, when Mule acted like a middle-school brat and posted on here without even talking to Dave first, he put himself on this slippery slope that he's now on in regards to his headphones. Ethics and morals aside, Mule did not act intelligently enough to keep the trade going as a business deal, and expecting Dave to return the headphones at this point after how Mule has treated him is probably a bit foolish. While what Dave is doing isn't exactly right, nor would I personally do it, I can understand where he's coming from.

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #328 of 412
Quote:

PRIOR bad behavior? WHAT prior BAD behavior? The fact that I had to delay the shipping of the headphones until the end of a week which Mule KNEW about? I wasn't aware that was BAD behavior.

you did take too long to ship. we, as a community, do have 'timeliness' standards even if not spoken explicitly.

I don't consider the phones you sent him as bad as the mob does. some wear and tear happens on used gear, especially stuff that might have cords that get caught or see some tension/stress in their lives. still, this was not expected by mule and he feels he has been cheated.

don't you WANT to have your fellow brothers feel good about the trade? or is this just a smash-and-grab dealing?

would you have done this to mule if you were in a face-to-face deal? if he was local?

the internet gives so much distance and detachment, its easy to see that we stop thinking of each other as HUMAN BEINGS and see the other guy as some abstract buyer that you'll never again hear from.

except - this isn't a street sale and you SHOULD care about how the other person feels.

Quote:

By the way, I'm not blaming Mule for the mob mentality. I'm blaming the people in the mob for the mob mentality.

I blame the mob for going too far, also. I don't think it was productive and shows the down-side of what people can be like ;(

this is why I suggested a 3rd party (moderator) receive BOTH sets of phones and then send them back to the owners (after taking some photos, just for good measure).

the comment about walmart is nonsense. we all know person-to-person TRADES are quite different from the largest company in the world selling items that are shrinkwrapped.

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #329 of 412
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just saying "I am not giving it back because Mule never asked me the condition" doesnt help, you are taking advantage of a known member here simply because he didn't ask 20 questions before making a trade, did you really think the community at large will say "OK, yeah its Mules fault, he should've asked" and just let it go when you are still here defending yourself?

It's not about asking 20 questions here - it's about asking one. "What kind of condition are the used headphones in?" How could you not ask this in a trade? Personally I would never think of trading for/buying a used good without seeing it first. Would you buy a car from a used car dealer without having a look at it first? The fact that Mule didn't ask about the condition would have led me to believe that he wasn't hugely concerned with the aesthetics. As far as we're aware, the headphones do indeed work, and all of the blemishes are not visible while the headphones are in use. So Mule's complaining that they don't look great after expressing no concern regarding looks when the deal went down in the first place. I don't see this as Dave going, "hah! gotcha!" I see this as Dave being sick of Mule's ******** at this point and refusing to trade back on principle.

FYDave, had Mule not started this thread and had you been able to talk to him about the headphones before he ran to the forums, would you reverse the trade had he requested you do so?

Jun 25, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #330 of 412
Quote:

So clearly missing flecks of paint = broken nozzle, right?
Has anyone in this thread actually looked at the pictures Mule posted? I see headphones that have a few blemishes, but nothing serious aside from the small crack in the rubber strain-relief. You're all acting like FYDave sent him non-working Shures, which as far as I'm aware (Mule still hasn't addressed this, surprisingly) they do indeed work.

If I were the one involved in the trade, I could tolerate the wear on the gold plating on the jack. I could also tolerate the housings losing some of their paint, but the crack in the strain-relief is not something I would have tolerated at all. You keep making the argument that that crack isn't a big deal, but I know first-hand that it can be. Especially with smaller headphones like IEMs that is likely to be one of the first places the cable of the headphone would begin to fail. Also, the amount of stress the cable must have been under to create such a crack there would lead me to expect that the cable is going to be weakened significantly at that point. I would not be satisfied with such a trade, and I'm having difficulty seeing why you feel that because you would be satisfied with such a trade, someone else should be too.

Quote:

As far as we're aware, the headphones do indeed work, and all of the blemishes are not visible while the headphones are in use. So Mule's complaining that they don't look great after expressing no concern regarding looks when the deal went down in the first place. I don't see this as Dave going, "hah! gotcha!" I see this as Dave being sick of Mule's ******** at this point and refusing to trade back on principle.

The appearance of a pair of headphones is probably one of the quickest indications of how well it was handled prior to ownership, ergo, quality. Based off of those pictures, I would not have trusted those headphones at all as it doesn't look as though FYDave maintained them very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back